Why am I acting so Clingy?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

Your feelings are really not so strange; lots of people feel clingy when they're "in love." These feelings of loneliness, longing, fear (of losing the person), imagined need and dependency are not actually about the current object of your affection; rather, they are about your lack of comfort with yourself.

If you're as okay as you say you are when you're a solo act, you wouldn't feel so clingy when you morph into "duetdom." Did your last boyfriend behave in a way that would make you insecure? For instance, did he flirt with other women in your presence, or criticize you for real or imagined faults? And how did the relationship end? Did you wind up feeling betrayed or abandoned? Perhaps this type of behavior by him or an even more distant past love is the root of your clingy ways. Or maybe such treatment has triggered a childhood memory of pain and pathos.

Amateur shrinking aside, there's a great saying I urge you to keep in mind: "Men are the dessert." If you attack life with gusto, have a great appetite for everything you do and enjoy everyone you meet along the way, then you won't get as hung up on analyzing the secret meaning behind every broken embrace or eyebrow furrow by a boyfriend. And you won't spend your time wondering: Does he love me? Is he getting tired of me?

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/why-am-i-acting-so-clingy/4-n-282698#ixzz1IwHHkRdS

Latest posts

Back