short guys at a real disadvantage?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

man of one

Reaction score
Im what you would call short, im a 5'5.5/5'6 guy, and i never really thought that my height would be that big a problem when finding girls since i know they are some which are shorter than me, but recently i have found out that even some short girls like a guy to be a specific height and i guess that was a surprise for me since i thought in most cases just being taller would do..for example i saw a girl being 5'0 wanting guys around 5'10 and up others are worse so that just showed me that im at a bigger disadvantage than i thought..

don't get me wrong i know they are girls out there that still would date guys my height just that the number of them decreased drastically since i found out that and they are strict real strict when it comes to there partners height meaning not 1 inch under..and for real being short is not easy at all it gets tiring seeing a beautiul girl but her being taller than you which in most cases means i have no chance, and now the number of short ones that i can date get cut in half since some have height specifiactions lol such is life..

what are your views in this matter? is height that big a deal for some?

I'm 5'2" and well I wouldn't date a guy shorter than me. However, you don't know who you're gonna fall in love with. Personally, I probably woudn't date someone your height. But like I said you get to know someone and those things don't matter in the end. :p

What Dessa said. The guy I like is 5'10... His height doesn't matter to me, and I love tall guys. My ex was 6'8. And I'm 5'8, 5'9. But you never know what's going to go down.

if it's any consolation tall girls usually have the same problem... few guys wanna date a girl taller than them lol.

anywho, i've got a friend who is exactly your height and he's gotten tons of girls... more so than me and i'm average height... so i wouldn't focus in on it being your only detraction.

Height is a big thing for some women. It does kind of put you at a disadvantage initially.

Its just one of those things. Height, body hair, head hair, penis size. All things that guys are self conscious about that we have absolutely no control over. They can't be fixed with plastic surgery either. Well, body hair can be controlled if you spend enough time maintaining it.

I've gotten myself depressed more than once by asking for honest feedback from women I know. :(

And I'm not sure it works the same way for girls.

Average Height Commercial Model:
female: 5'6 to 5'11
male: 5'9 to 6'2

It just so happens that guys like short girls too :)

I'm only 5'7"...
but fresia it anyhow. theres all kind of disavantages if you wanna belive in it.
I get chicks. Its more of settle for one chick would be my thing.
I only go out with hawt white chicks.lol I'm asian and whatever the fresia else that comes with that i have to overcame or just sholve aside.
My GF is taller than me..she's like super taller than me when she puts on high heels.lol
MikeNsassy1A.jpg

Back in my dating days (approx 3 billion years ago), I never even THOUGHT of saying no to dating a guy based on his height. It simply wasn't that big an issue with me. Of course that could have been because it was rare enough that someone asked me out so....maybe not so helpful after all. Sorry.

My preference is for taller men. However, I've been with a few guys who are much shorter. One guy I was involved with was maybe 5'4". As previously mentioned, once you get to know a guy, things change.

As a guy, I don't think it's a big deal.

I'm about the average 6' myself, but I don't really get any kind of added attraction from girls for that. Maybe taller guys than me have the height equivalent of the Lynx Effect, who knows? :p

I think girls are just as complex as guys, so there's no reason to assume height will be a big turn on or turn off for them.

I found it odd that people said guys like shorter girls. If anything, I like my girls to be taller. Long legs on a lady make me feel slightly woozy :D

Though really I don't mind if a girl is taller or shorter. So I can't see why girls would like taller guys more in the long term really.

I think my own physical qualities I look for in a girl become less and less relevant if I like her personality. I found that all that stuff melted away when I found that I really liked how a girl was in herself and it became all about that rather than any body attribute like height.

So while maybe a few shallow people won't be so interested in you if you have X *insert body shape/size/whatever here*, who gives a monkey's about them? More sophisticated people will see you for what you are :)

While I DO prefer TALLER guys, it doesn't always break the deal if one is shorter than me. Quite a few of my exes were actually shorter than me. So it's not like I wouldn't date one shorter than me. Besides, I'm pretty tall, so I usually find guys are either my height or shorter.
But, it's not really about how tall someone is, it's about WHO the person is and how you feel about him/her.

yesm said:
if it's any consolation tall girls usually have the same problem... few guys wanna date a girl taller than them lol.

I do! I do!
I'm 6'4" by the way.
Ah, a tall woman! We could actually have romantic slow dancing sessions!
We could see each other face to face without her lookiing up at me and me looking down at her. I...really don't enjoy the way that works.

As a tall girl, I would prefer that my boyfriend would be taller than me, but that never stopped me from dating short guys. If you're getting turned down by girls that say "you're not tall enough" then you're going after the wrong girls. Obviously their superficial and care more about image, or they're giving you a shitty reason for not dating you. I had a guy turn me down once because I was not well endowed enough for him. Most girls in middle school would probably go home and cry over this, but I told him to go fresia himself when he said it.

Then when I saw him later in life, I was decent and nice to him (acting somewhat clueless) and he reacted all awkward. (hehe) It was totally worth the lulz.
But karma sucks, because I still have no tits. (d)

Point is, fresia those bitches. That's no reason to turn someone down.

SkuzzieMuff said:
If you're getting turned down by girls that say "you're not tall enough" then you're going after the wrong girls.

This.

I'm slightly below average at around 5'4", and it has had a negative effect on the whole love life thing. It took me a long time to get over the fact that it's something I can't change, and it'll still piss me off once in a while, but if it's a problem to those chicks, like SkuzzieMuff said, they don't really sound like the type you'd want to date any way.

Here's a question for the ladies that have dated shorter guys but said they prefer taller ones, what was it that helped you get over the size issue?

Yeah! said:
SkuzzieMuff said:
If you're getting turned down by girls that say "you're not tall enough" then you're going after the wrong girls.

This.

I'm slightly below average at around 5'4", and it has had a negative effect on the whole love life thing. It took me a long time to get over the fact that it's something I can't change, and it'll still piss me off once in a while, but if it's a problem to those chicks, like SkuzzieMuff said, they don't really sound like the type you'd want to date any way.

Here's a question for the ladies that have dated shorter guys but said they prefer taller ones, what was it that helped you get over the size issue?

I just don't give a honeysuckle? :D I didn't care about their appearances (I've dated some ugly mother ******* too) I liked them anyway. I don't really think I needed to DO anything to help the "issue" either, because I really didn't care. It only makes him look awesome for walking around with a supermodel, and it probably made me look taller standing next to them too. It isn't more difficult to hug or kiss a short person, and I have a bad back. I really believe that's just a shitty reason to turn someone down.

Yeah! said:

Hi-
I'm 5'9" and I almost always wear heels that push me to 6' tall. My child's father is 5'5". It didn't bother him, I thought he was a nice guy, he treated me nice (back then), so his height didn't bother me either. He's Latino & we still have the same mutual friends and his family and I are still close. Whenever we all get together, I'm the tallest, whitest person there. But guess what, nobody cares and neither do I! :)

Teresa

I'm 5'6" 1/2 and yeah it sucks when chics look down on you literally lol...but I prefer petite girls so it goes both ways... At least that's how I'm handing the issue!!! :D

My grandpa was 4'11"....imagine being that size!!!

And yes I'm sure this makes us all less attractive to women...but so what? I can't change it...I've got better qualities than height...geez....that's like judging a woman on her chest....

:club:

At least women who are insecure about their chest can get implants. Women who are insecure about their height wear high heels. Women who are insecure about their face get plastic surgery and/or wear makeup.

Guys...well we can't do much other than workout, wear nice clothes, and have good hygiene. (for physical attraction at least)

kamya said:
At least women who are insecure about their chest can get implants. Women who are insecure about their height wear high heels. Women who are insecure about their face get plastic surgery and/or wear makeup.

Guys...well we can't do much other than workout, wear nice clothes, and have good hygiene. (for physical attraction at least)

Ummm, dudes can get plastic surgery too....

And there are surgeries to lengthen the long bones in your arms and legs to make you taller. They're mostly intended for little people, but I imagine that anyone could have it done if they're willing to pay for it. Beauty Salons aren't meant for women alone anymore either, men are going to get their nails done and their eyebrows plucked too! And on top of that, there are even men wearing make-up now-a-days. The beauty industry is not for women alone.

Those bone lengthening surgeries are very risky and they don't exactly leave you walking normal with normal posture. And yeah I know men go to beauty salons and stuff like that.

Guys can get plastic surgery too, you are right. But it is usually frowned upon for guys to try and fix their flaws. For example, a man trying to save his thinning hair with implants, sprays, fake hair is seen as insecure, pathetic, and undesirable. Instead, it is better for a guy to just say fresia it go bald. Imagine a guy trying to wear platform shoes or trying some whacked out plan to enlarge his dick. The solutions are worse than having the problem in the first place.

And my first post wasn't saying all women who do those things are insecure. Just that women who are insecure about something usually have some socially acceptable common way to deal with it.

I have nothing against short men. It's just that it would stink if I could never wear high heels, because it would make me taller than my boyfriend.

I'm 5'3, and the tallest pair of heels I own are 4 inches, so I would prefer a guy who is at least 5'8. However, if I was to meet a man shorter than that whom I really liked, I would put away my heels and buy some flats.

So yeah, I'm not automatically physically attracted to shorter men, but physical attraction is only a small part of the equation in a decent relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back