Yet Another Loner

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 9172

Reaction score
Hi. You already know why I'm here: I'm lonely.

I'm 23 and from the UK. Basically, I have struggled with social anxiety since my early teens and as such have ended up a complete loner due to avoiding social contact. I have done well in tackling my anxiety problem by myself, but doing so hasn't automatically lead me to the (very basic) social life I desire; I'm still a loner and currently I have 0 real life friends (though fortunately some really supportive online friends <3 that take the edge off.) I haven't had a real life friend for about 6 years now, since I was around 18.

Some quick about me stuff: Graduated '08 with a degree in game design, currently work running a small online business as well as a part-time job in promotions/sales, hobbies include; art, cooking (badly), programming, and listening to music.

Anyway, I'm here to make friends (online or otherwise) and to try to feel a little less lonely. :)

Hello Dave,

I am a newcomer too, and usually I would leave it to the more well established members to welcome you because somehow to my mind it seems rude for someone like myself to do so. However, this time I will overrule the rule which my mind falsely creates.

Congratulations on tackling not all, but some, of your anxiety issues. Whilst it has not led you to lead the social life you have desired, I believe this is the same case for those who have little to no anxiety woes.

Being a lonesome individual is bitter-sweet.

I know nothing regarding game design, I know nothing regarding running small businesses, I know nothing of cooking (even badly), but I do know of sales, art, and music. :)

If you are willing, perhaps you could tell us of your musical tastes in more detail, music is always a good conversation topic to those of us blessed with the sense of hearing.

Welcome to the site Dave.

Game design? Coooooool! Do you have any aspirations as to what kind of game you'd like to make?

Hey eve howcome I never got a hug when I joined? (un)

Thank you all for the welcome. :)

shysilhouette said:
Hello Dave,

I am a newcomer too, and usually I would leave it to the more well established members to welcome you because somehow to my mind it seems rude for someone like myself to do so. However, this time I will overrule the rule which my mind falsely creates.

Congratulations on tackling not all, but some, of your anxiety issues. Whilst it has not led you to lead the social life you have desired, I believe this is the same case for those who have little to no anxiety woes.

Being a lonesome individual is bitter-sweet.

I know nothing regarding game design, I know nothing regarding running small businesses, I know nothing of cooking (even badly), but I do know of sales, art, and music. :)

If you are willing, perhaps you could tell us of your musical tastes in more detail, music is always a good conversation topic to those of us blessed with the sense of hearing.

My taste is music is, broadly speaking, rock and all its sub-genres; I'm particularly fond of 70s/80s punk though.

RyanEhf said:
Game design? Coooooool! Do you have any aspirations as to what kind of game you'd like to make?

Hey eve howcome I never got a hug when I joined? (un)

I've always wanted to work on RPGs. Hopefully someday I will! :)

Latest posts

Back