Umm.... hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shourai

Reaction score
(Okay. Got the first awkward bit over in the subject.

'Hello'. It's not easy to say, really. That final 'o' - how long should it last? And should it have a rising intonation - or does that sound too hesitant? Downward? Might sound like a soldier giving a command. Thank goodness for typing, eh?

only.. wouldn't it have been better to say 'Hi', or 'Hey', bit more informal, young dude that I am (or pretend to be)? Or start with something totally different and get everyone's attention? - but that might look weird. Should I change the thread subject before proceeding?

Oh dang. Nope. Just leave it and carry on)

The thought processes that go into a simple introduction... I'm sure some of you out there can sympathise. It can be embarrassing, even painful sometimes, and I've had my fair share of awkward introductions over the years. The worst is always meeting a group of people who know each other already; something about certain groups that makes them very hard to join, and I know some online groups are among these.

However, I'm confident that won't be the case here. I'm hoping that a community of lonely people will have space for a new member.

My name here, 'shourai', means 'future' (I think) in Japanese. Shourai sounded a little more mysterious than simply 'future', so I thought I'd go with that instead. I'm at the point of thinking deeply about the future... not just career, but location, lifestyle, love... all of these things are issues which I will have to tackle at some point if I'm to get out of the claustrophobic little space I'm in at present.

I suppose I ought to be more specific. I returned to the UK from abroad just over a year ago. I came back to start a new career, which didn't work out. I'm now separated from friends (mostly abroad), family (in another part of the UK) and feeling very lost and lacking in confidence. In fact, 2010 was an absolutely disastrous year for me in many ways and 2011 has been no better.

People say you have to make your own luck. I've run out of the energy to do so, and having no real plan for the future at age 28 doesn't help. What I can have is hope, and I'm hoping that'll return through getting to know some of you and your stories.

I'd like to find some real connections here. People to share my story with, to laugh with, to celebrate with, to cry with if necessary.

I'm also single, and have been for a long time, through a series of various reasons. I'm not going to hide the fact that I am desperate for companionship of the basest physical kind, though I don't mean that in any predatory sense ;) So if you're single, lonely, a girl and live in the UK... well, I'm here.

So. Here's to the future!
cya~

(Ahh, glad that's done! Now for a whisky and a lie down.)

hey (way to escape the O issue hi also works) shourai welcome to the forum

your screenname is awesome I love japanese stuff i took some japanese in high school and I'm hoping to take some more in uni if i have time

I'm sorry the years haven't been too kind on you they happen to all of us I remember like 07-08 was hell for me high school sucked, and i know it's possible that anohter bad year could be aorund the corner, but I've made it through bad years before and so far so good :)

you'll make it through man it sometimes seems like it lasts forever, but they say if you're going through hell keep going

just one day at a time, and you'll make it through, and you can look back and reminiscence and you'll say man that was ******* crazy but I'm glad i made it through becuase I'm a stronger person now

you'll make it through

*hugs*

:)

Wow there seems to be a lot of people here that are 28-29 for some reason. Anyway I can relate to your story. You know I think I heard someone say that, due to the change in social dynamics of the past few generations, 30 is sort of becoming the new 18. As in more people are starting to really come into their own around that age, and it's when people tend to struggle the most with their social identity. I think, don't quote me on that.

Anyway, hellooooooooo!!! and welcome to the lonely alliance.

Still waiting for that hug eve...

thanks for the replies, and to evanescencefan and RyanEhf for the encouragement :)

'30 is the new 18' >>>>> love it! Do you mind if I adopt this as my new motto?

:D

You seem like a fun and interesting person, glad you joined up! Enjoy your stay!

To the future!

Latest posts

Back