married 19 years, wrote a book, etc

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonely_visionary

Reaction score
So glad to find this forum!!

OK, about me:
Age 42, male, married 19 years, wrote a book and various web sites.

I am told I "think too much" and that's why I'm lonely.

I'm a romantic in the original sense - I believe in a better world. I'm working on huge plans, I study things in immense depth, and I don't care about money. But these things mean I'm a statistical outlier.

This led to me leaving the strict church I was born into, and led to the end of a 19 year marriage that was based on that church (this was 5 years ago). For the past 30 years I've been working on a project to save the world (he said, modestly), but it's so unusual that even people who agree with me don't understand my approach. They will eventually - everyone will - but that will take years and I am heartily sick of being alone.

Money has never been a priority, and I live in a remote rural area (to be near my kids), so dating or meeting people is problematic. I do have work friends and a very nice girlfriend, but we have very little in common. However, "very little" is much better than nothing at all, and is probably the best I can hope for. My dream girl would be an idealist who is desperately lonely, but I don't think such a girl exists - certainly nobody puts that in their dating profile. :)

Anyway, I figure that although my particular goals are unusual, there must be a lot of people who are genuinely different for other reasons, so being lonely is something we have in common. I was overjoyed to discover this forum and hope to spend may happy hours here.

Welcome LV,

I am going to pm you to discover more of your huge plan, if you are willing to discuss it with me.

I am a realistic idealist.

Welcome to the site :)

"Do you always think this much, Charlie?"
"Is that bad?"
"Not necessarily. It's just that sometimes people use thought to not participate in life."
"Is that bad?"
"Yes."

Advice I need to work on as well ><

Welcome.

kamya said:
"It's just that sometimes people use thought to not participate in life."

I have the opposite problem. :) I'm getting involved in economics, politics and global issues generally. Most people do not want to get involved because these issues are so big. Even charities or academics that specialize in these areas don't want to get involved in the bigger underlying questions (that would mean questioning their own status).

People can't handle the realities of life beyond their own personal needs. The world runs on the principle of "it's not my problem" and if you make it your problem you must prepare to be very lonely. Partly because you find you have nothing in common with others (due to different priorities), and partly because these problems are very large and complex, and require so much time that very little is left for making money or normal social interaction.

Am I the only one worried about the paragraph regarding making the world a better place? :D What'cha got there, a Doomsday device?

Still, welcome to the forum. Hopefully ALL will provide some peer support when the going gets tough, or at least, provide a few laughs to lighten the load for the rest of the road.

Like others here, I'm also intrigued by what is meant by 'a better world' and 'huge plans'.

If you tell us, will you have to kill us?

I said:
If you tell us, will you have to kill us?
Only with boredom :)

My plan is at answersanswers dot com /land_rent_the_future.html
And why it should work is at answersanswers dot com /about_land_rent.html

Since the age of 12 I've been obsessed with solving global poverty and other problems, by fixing how the world works. I spent 30 years devising a purely logical model of economics. (All existing economic models are illogical, because they are based on assumptions that are not proven.) When other people were earning money and dating, I was staring into space wrestling with problems of metaphysics and politics. It's not a recipe for making friends.

I now have some rock-solid conclusions that really excite me, and I think will eventually excite others: but right now other people just find them confusing. It will probably take another 10 years to translate these ideas into a form that anyone can follow (by presenting the logic in a formal way, then outlining a political strategy that will work in all circumstances, and then answering a million questions). But I don't want to be lonely for another ten years.

*reads the pages and fights the urge to correct the spelling mistakes...checks pulse...still alive...*

Ok....

Fair enough. Everyone has to have a hobby I guess :)

Good luck with yours.

I said:
*fights the urge to correct the spelling mistakes*
LOL - yeah, that's the usual response. Which is fine, because I'm not trying to persuade anyone at this stage. That site was thrown together quickly, just because people keep asking me about my project.

lonely_visionary said:
LOL - yeah, that's the usual response. Which is fine, because I'm not trying to persuade anyone at this stage. That site was thrown together quickly, just because people keep asking me about my project.

Well, going around saying 'I've got big plans for the world' will have people asking pesky questions like that. Can't think why... :)

Latest posts

Back