High School Relationships.... Are they worth it?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooosic

Reaction score
FIRST OFF, prom is in two days and I'm going .....solo!! When I tell people that I'm going without a date they act as if I told them I will be dead in two days! Why do people make such a big deal about having prom dates?? I'm going with friends and all of their dates and I find nothing wrong with that!

I know people who stress out about having girlfriends/boyfriends. Can someone tell me why? I'm a senior and all through high school I've never ever been in a relationship (I deserve an award)! I do feel lonely (I feel like I connect with nobody at all) but I don't feel a relationship will help that loneliness.

School is more than just learning from text books. It's about learning to interact with people, and part of that can be relationship based. It's not the be all and end all, and I did notice the same stuff in mine, but it can give you an idea of what it is you might want in a partner and helping you to figure out things about yourself. Personally, I'd say they're worth it. I only had one relationship in High School, but it taught me some stuff that I'm still glad to have gotten out of the way that early. Just don't expect them to last.

I never had a relationship in high school. In fact, my first date wasn't until I was in college. Back then, I didn't know the first thing about interacting with people. Social skills have never come naturally to me.

Whether or not high school relationships are worth it... These days, I'd rather do something stupid and regret it than not do something and regret never having done it.

I think it's ok to go with your friends in prom. I didn't go to my senior high but that's a different story. Anyway, I wish I did. Don't let them get you down. Have fun and show them you don't need a date to be happy. I'm sure there will a dateless male/female there, too. Good luck. ;)

I met my husband in high school. Okay, bad example cuz we are now not together, but I spent 13 years with him and have 2 kids with him, but I will most likely always love him. I think it's totally worth it.

Prom, I never really saw the big deal with them either. I did go to mind, but it was more, "meh, whatever, fine" than "OMG OMG OMG, WHAT DRESS SHALL I GET, HOW SHOULD I DO MY HAIR...OMG OMG OMG" lol

Prom isn't a big deal like that at my school. Nor is there any real pressure to be in a relationship.

Do I often feel inadequate because of my lack of a romantic partner? Yes. But this is more a result of my internal expectations of myself than external pressure.
High school relationships can be worth it, I've no doubt. But everytime I've pursued one I've found the women to have the emotional maturity of a 5-year-old, so...

Don't feel too bad. High school is a joke. In college, that stuff does get better. All the crap you stressed out socially in high school will kind of melt away.

Looking back on high school relationships were nothing more than a status symbol, they meant nothing. You are too immature to understand what love is all about, you're hormones are out of whack, and sex occupies your every thought (for guys anyway, lol). I have a high school student that works part time with me, he tells me practically everything about his person life. He says he just doesn't want to "hookup" with a girl, he's looking for one he's interested in to be his girlfriend. But beyond being really attracted to a girl who's nice, or good looking (looks are always a factor) he doesn't know much about love and what relationships are. To him it's just having a good looking girlfriend on his arm that he can bust a nut with.

Go stag if you want, it's not a big deal to have a date to the prom. That said I did have a date to my prom but it was with a friend. Less pressure that way.

Just go to the prom N have fun. It'll help ya. You'll learn how to go places such as bars, night clubs or whatever alone..then pick up on the ladies:shy:

K...I saw the add to the side of ur post. Something about how women
can say stuff to men to make him Addicted or fall in love with her forevaaa....
I've been addicted to serveral women in my life time. Its really amazing
what women can do with their lips:p

LOL Someone used that ad in a demotivational poster, I'll see if I can find it, hold on...

Found it.

demotivational-posters-i-swallow.jpg

ROFL

Mooosic said:
FIRST OFF, prom is in two days and I'm going .....solo!! When I tell people that I'm going without a date they act as if I told them I will be dead in two days! Why do people make such a big deal about having prom dates?? I'm going with friends and all of their dates and I find nothing wrong with that!

I know people who stress out about having girlfriends/boyfriends. Can someone tell me why? I'm a senior and all through high school I've never ever been in a relationship (I deserve an award)! I do feel lonely (I feel like I connect with nobody at all) but I don't feel a relationship will help that loneliness.

That's a very mature attitude. I went to my juinor prom with a date, but it was a disaster. A lot of young people would be too afraid to go alone... good for you!

Mooosic said:

After graduating, I realized prom really meant nothing. It was just another school dance, only everyone was in tuxes and fancy dresses instead of jeans and tank tops.

I wish I'd realized that sooner, like before the prom. Hindsight...it really is 20/20.

There's nothing wrong with going stag to the prom. Just sit back and laugh at the people who make a big deal over what amounts to just an overly expensive school dance. Besides, being stag means you can dance with a girl you want without offending your nonexistent date :cool:

Don't feel too bad. High school is a joke. In college, that stuff does get better. All the crap you stressed out socially in high school will kind of melt away.
QFMFT. The sooner you learn this, the easier high school becomes.

i really don't think so .. because i already experience it.. weve been more than 3 years in a relationships but we still broke up..

Yes, every relationship in your life is a learning experience. I had a girlfriend at 7 and think I kissed a girl the first time at 4! lol

And guess what???? Looking back I really do miss some of those girls considering who followed them... >:-X

If we see a positive side then it build a strong belief for love and life in this time but easily slap into wrong manner due to just attraction. And it is very obvious because it is a new thing on these age.

According to me it is not Love it is just the Sexual Attachment nothing more.And it is the age of learning not for love so don't waste time do your job and go ahead and you will get more girls for Love.

12jony34 said:
According to me it is not Love it is just the Sexual Attachment nothing more.And it is the age of learning not for love so don't waste time do your job and go ahead and you will get more girls for Love.

Yeah....yeah , then its not real love its just romance or falling in love.
Then it's ...real love but not true love.
Then it's..ture love but not unconditional love.
Poeple make up the stupidest honeysuckle....

You only live once..this much I know.
Right, wrong or indifference....just don't miss the fucken show.

whatever you learned and epxerince in HS or college might help you to gain experience and a better understanding...
but the thing of it is...when you get beyound schooling...it's not college either.

Whatever morals or values you have at a given time, situation or circumstamce...wont neccessary help you or can be applied
at a different time or circumstance. Thats why you keep learning , growing or keep an openmind. That's why you dont
need to know all the answers becuase when you get there..whatever the fresia answers you think you might have aint worth a fresia.
Sometimes you might need to throw a lot of you ways of thinking or solving problems to resolve or overcome the challenges you
have in front of you at that given moment or presence moment.
Modern term for that would be INNOVATIVE, RECREATING YOURSELF, ADAPT, WELL ADJUTED.
A nuratic personality cling to old beliefs or ideas...refusing to CHANGE.

As you grow/evolve/expand/change your perceptions changes too...at the sametime life/humanity changes.

Love yourself first and formost. Be kind and loving to yourself through all of it.
Know that you're ok. know that you have the power and ablity to figure the honeysuckle out. Believe in yourself.
Know that other people dont have all the fucken asnwers either and trying to figure it out too...no matter how intelligent they might think they are.

Personally, I think high school is less about learning (Let's be honest now, how many chemistry teachers have killed the subject rather than inspire you?) and more about developing interpersonal intelligence. What's the relationship for? I think any relationship is worth it if there is a connection there. Don't feel a connection with anyone? No big deal, the kids who are partying hard and having drunken sex right now seem to have it great but some are in rather pointless relationships where these kiddies are flaunting their partners like an accesorry or social statement. Wow, having power over and loving are rather two opposites. You can't love your partner if you want to dominate them, vice versa. You wouldn't want to control them if you loved them. Anyw say, that's just my two cents.

apathy said:
Wow, having power over and loving are rather two opposites. You can't love your partner if you want to dominate them, vice versa. You wouldn't want to control them if you loved them. Anyw say, that's just my two cents.

That is untrue; by that extension, you cannot love your children and have power over them. Power dynamics are natural in any relationship; tempered by love, but hardly in exclusion of it. You can love someone and have power over them, but love behooves that you also respect them and use your authority responsibly.

Latest posts

Back