The MAGIC of Self-talk

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

satellitelife

The MAGIC of Self-talk​
Say what!??!
As you go about your daily life how much notice do you take of the words that you speak?
More often than not, we carefully measure our responses and feedback to other people in order to be supportive of them or to not hurt their feelings. We are very mindful of being kind to others, but how much attention do we pay to being kind to ourselves? In what ways do you monitor the words and utterances that you make to yourself? Are you totally aware of the magic of your own self talk?
Consider how many times you’ve made statements such as: “I can’t do this...!” “I’m stupid...!” “Life is a struggle...!” “I’m not good at this....” “I’m broke.” “This is too hard...”
Say these words aloud to yourself now. Reflect on the feelings that arise as you utter each phrase. How do you feel? Are you somewhat deflated? Monitor your body language. Are the corners of your mouth drooping? Do you have a sense of feeling down, jaded and have an air of dejection about you?

Decide your Verbal Vibrations!
Motivation and language are closely interconnected. It is that the energy of words is extremely powerful and can influence our lives in the instant that they are uttered! Each expression, whether in a word, sentence or phrase, can do much to positively or negatively impact upon your life.
You have the choice and the responsibility to decide whether this is indeed positive or negative. You can do this by paying close attention to the words that you use. It is that the vibrations you utter resonate far and wide into the universe. The energy of the word sound ripples out and returns back to you, and then forms your reality.
To summarise the poignant observation by Bruce Lipton in his book, The Biology of Belief, it is that: atoms absorb the thoughts that we have, which when reflected in sound waves through the words that we utter, resonate within our bodies and are immersed within the chemical structure. This eventually leads to a manifestation of your reality, through the signals that your cells transmit.
Word Up!
Words are energy. We cannot see the unwritten form, yet words carry a vibration that transcends deep into the psyche. When absorbed within our cells, the energy of a word works through the system to eventually become a REALITY.
As a result of self-talk, statements and remarks, we are left with particular perceptions that become beliefs that are manifested into our actions. This sequence of occurrences is reinforced directly due to what we say. By working with a Life Coach, you will be supported with changing the habit of conversation that is negative and self-destructive. A Life Coach can help you to raise yourself confidence and self-esteem by helping you to develop techniques that reveal and reinforce your (*link removed*).
Here is an exercise that you may wish to use as a goal statement in your session with a Life Coach. Say the following statements out aloud:
“I am eager and enthusiastic about everything that I do”.
“I learn something each day that develops my awareness of... ”.
“With practice, I have improved my skills in...”
“I manage my money with care and always have enough”.
“I am abundant and wealthy in joy, love and happiness”.
How does that make you feel? What difference has this made to your physiology?
Think about what has just happened in terms of your thoughts, your verbalisation and the overall results in your physical being. The ripple effect of this is that your perception of yourself, the situation and what you desire has altered. By being conscious and aware of the energy of your self-talk your actions can be radically changed. When you form and states your goal statement the next step is to create the practical journey steps that enable you to fulfil your goal.
For the next seven days, monitor the conversations that you have with yourself and others. Make a conscious effort to use words, phrases and statements that are energising, constructive, optimistic and supportive. Amplify this action by getting the support of your (*link removed*) who works with you to help you maintain the confidence and momentum to stay on track. Be kind to yourself with the words that you speak, just as you would make an effort to be kind to others.
Your beliefs become your thoughts.
Your thoughts become your words.
Your words become your actions.
Your actions become your habits.
Your habits become your values.
Your values become your destiny.
Mahatma Gandhi​
(*links removed*)

I'd suggest ear plugs but I guess that wouldn't help. I have ones that look like marshmallows.

Don't you hate when that happens, especially when you are in public, then you yell "all of you just shut up". Then people look at you strange.

Remember that your words are magic - tell me how you have created magic in your life today.

(*removed*)

Latest posts

Back