Free Evaluations for Shy Teens in College Park, Maryland

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeek

Reaction score
I came across this in another forum and thought it might benefit someone here -

The Comprehensive Assessment and Intervention Program (CAIP) is a psychological clinic at the University of Maryland at College Park. The CAIP clinic is conducting a study investigating the best ways to assess shyness in teenagers. Currently, the clinic is recruiting parents who have a teenager aged 14-17 years who may have problems with shyness in social situations, and wish for their teen to receive an evaluation and receive feedback on whether diagnostic testing for shyness is warranted.

Participation in this study would consist of you and your teen coming to the CAIP clinic to complete an initial assessment of a series of paper-and-pencil questionnaires and interview measures assessing shyness and related behaviors in your teen. The initial assessment would last for approximately five hours. The assessment is provided free of charge and you would receive $80 ($40 to parents/$40 to teens) to cover the costs of transportation and time commitment for the evaluation. Based on the evaluation, our staff would provide feedback to parents on whether the teen should receive formal diagnostic testing. Our staff would provide parents with referrals on where to seek this testing. Based on the evaluation, we may also be able to provide diagnostic testing for the teen at a future visit and at no cost.

If you are interested in participating in this study or have any questions about the study, please contact
Dr. Andres De Los Reyes, Director of the CAIP clinic, via email or phone: [email protected] or (301) 405-7049

Thank you very much for your time and attention. We hope to hear from you soon.

Andres De Los Reyes, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychology
University of Maryland at College Park

I haven't seen many Marylanders here. (d) I used to be, but now I'm in Florida.
I have friends that go to that school. (hehe)

Latest posts

Back