Bored

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boodika

Reaction score
I felt ok yesterday, quite happy, has a few too many whilst watching. Britaina Got Talent, played some music, went bed late.... woke up today and a grey heavy cloud has gradually got bigger throughout the afternoon until now, i'm tired and bored and dwelling on my lonliness and how all i have to look forward to is work tomorrow morning, which is a necssity not particularly enjoyable, and a piss up with work colleagues in a couple of weeks time that only happens once, maybe twice a year.

That's it! That's my f@*kn life and all there is? It's so dull and fun-less and predictably boring. Going to sleep is the best thing i can do know. My dreams are more interesting than my real life.

End of self-pitying whinging.

Consider yourself lucky, at least you have a job. I have been disabled since 1985, and there are countless people out there that are out of work and wondering where their next meal is coming from.

My life could be called dull and fun-less too, however, I am grateful to be alive, and I somehow manage to find things to keep me busy. I do what needs to be done around my home, I watch TV or movies, I enjoy my meals, I play computer games, listen to music, watch baseball, I do latch hook, and now to add to that, I am involved in this Forum, on which I have made some friends by reaching out by Private Messaging and posting to Threads I feel I have something to contribute to.

Try thinking your hardest--there has to be something that you are interested in--some kind of hobby, maybe--something to look forward to, besides sleeping. And, consider yourself lucky that your dreams are pleasant and not nightmares!

yes i should consider myself lucky and just get on with it and stop moaning, i have nothing to really moan about because i have a job when many others dont, which i very nearly didnt only two weeks ago due to 3 months of not knowing whether i would be redundant or not (which may happen again after this 9 month temp maternity cover contract ends).

So i should be very thankful that i have no job stability, no friends, and no real prospects, jus mondane 'hobbies' and sky+ to distract me from how dull and boring things really are.

boodika,

The only friends I have are ones I chat with on-line and a few I talk to on the phone. My only "hobby" is the latch hook that I do, when I feel like it, which is something old ladies do...I am making a pillow--you string yarn through holes on a plastic frame! LOL!

I hope you achieve job stability, because I know how important that is. And, maybe you can visit a hobby store to see if there is anything you might be interested in, or a book store that has boxed projects or books about creating things. I don't know your financial state, of course, but you may come across something that isn't too expensive. If you do, why not give something a try? You just may like something you didn't know you did!

Again, good luck to you, and I hope your situation gets better!

Judi :)

@wishingwell, thankyou, i hope things become more stable too :)

@badjedi, if it was that easy to 'do something about it' i wouldn't be here on this forum. It's v easy to tell someone to go out and make friends, when it isn't that easy to do when you're socially akward and nervous. It can really get me down. I do try, but it feels stressful and provokes anxiety in me, it doesnt feel natural like it does to other ppl?!

boodika said:
@badjedi, if it was that easy to 'do something about it' i wouldn't be here on this forum. It's v easy to tell someone to go out and make friends, when it isn't that easy to do when you're socially akward and nervous. It can really get me down. I do try, but it feels stressful and provokes anxiety in me, it doesnt feel natural like it does to other ppl?!

I never said it was easy. In fact, it's extremely difficult and taxing sometimes.

But do it anyway. It's well worth the effort.

Latest posts

Back