The Cutest Girl I Have Ever Met ~ Tania Z.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnKok

Reaction score
This is Tania, shes likely to be the cutest girl ever =)

voguerogue.jpg

framewieleder.jpg

yourfeelgoodchannel.jpg

cutenessfantasia.jpg
idunnotania.jpg

Constructive C & C welcome

Sorry about the small pictures, got

*link removed*

Artistically Scientific Side of Things

Please allow me the opportunity to share about my actual experimental work.

As an artist, my work is about expressing a person’s character using impressions generated from photos and words and piecing them together to form a bigger picture.

Rather than on a per-picture basis, kindly consider my work through an overall point of view.

Full lengths of my experimental works

I would be grateful for any feedback at all as they are valuable for my experiment’s progress. Thank you ;-)

about expressing a person’s character using impressions generated from photos and words and piecing them together to form a bigger picture.

What would the photographs above portray about Tania's character? The answer for myself is 'very little'. They portray her as feeble, which I am sure she is not.

Did she dress herself for this photo shoot? I do not believe so.

erm ... why do you feel that she is feeble ? =(

she dressed herself actually

Why did you hide her pretty asian eyes? ^^

Personally, I think that she is indeed cute but natural beauty would always be the best way to reveal a person's inner character and soul.

Well...let's start with the make-up. It's a good accessory for lots of photos, but in this case,

the headshots - looks like she is wearing fake eyelashes. Either the eyeliner is wonky or she actually IS waring fake eyelashes and they're all effed up. Her eyes are already beautiful, even though she's wearing contact lenses. No need to hide that vibrant color with heavy eyelashes. I bet she didn't even need mascara. It doesn't look so bad in the full-body photos, because you can barely see her eye make-up.

I get that you're trying to portray her as a cute everyday girl, but there's a problem here. She doesn't stand out at all, even if she is the focus of the photos. I mean, looking at her may as well be the same as looking at the escalators behind her. Her poses are very ordinary and for fashion portraits, she looks as though you were taking pictures of your girlfriend just for fun.

Actually, besides the make-up bits, I like photos number 1 and 2. In number 3, I would have had her looking directly at the camera - her eyes are so pretty...you want her to draw in whoever's looking at her. Her eyes should be wide and interested...in this, I don't know if she's trying to be sultry or curious or both...and even then, you can't distinguish the two....they're like a puddle of water in which you spill two different colors of paint and mix around a bit...can't tell the red from the blue. It doesn't give the audience something to grab onto.

The overall feeling I get from her is a young girl who wants to be an adult already.

Also - I'd like to point out that none of the pictures, both here and the ones you linked to, really exude any strong sense of character. They look very cute and fixed and even in some cases kitschy, not to mention VERY pouty, but she looks more like a doll than anything else. Where's the GIRL? The girl who gets insecure and goofy, who isn't always cute and put together? The girl whose boyfriend goes, "that's what I like about her," the girl that other girls can relate to? I for one know I didn't and DON'T show any expressions that look even remotely similar to hers when I'm feeling happy or goofy. I know MANY girls don't. So what character, exactly, is being brought out?

And LOL @ Steve: You scared it's a trap? (wary)

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Also - I'd like to point out that none of the pictures, both here and the ones you linked to, really exude any strong sense of character. They look very cute and fixed and even in some cases kitschy, not to mention VERY pouty, but she looks more like a doll than anything else. Where's the GIRL? The girl who gets insecure and goofy, who isn't always cute and put together? The girl whose boyfriend goes, "that's what I like about her," the girl that other girls can relate to? I for one know I didn't and DON'T show any expressions that look even remotely similar to hers when I'm feeling happy or goofy. I know MANY girls don't. So what character, exactly, is being brought out?

I agree with this. The photos seemed like a caricature of the pouty/babyish/sexy stereotype for Asians. It didn't express anything about her character, and instead seemed to contradict what she had to say in between the photos. In one she says she loves being with friends, yet the photos directly above and below this statement are close-ups of her face. If she says she is a social person, it might have even made sense to have her texting or talking on the phone, or replying to 5 different PMs on Facebook. If you wanted to be literal, you could have surrounded her by people with her smiling or something.

She says she is serious about relationships, and right below that you have a picture of her hands, devoid of engagement ring, promise ring, purity ring. or a love note from a boyfriend. Something. She likes staying out late, likes Taiwan. the photos surrounding that are close-ups again.

Her hobbies are surrounded by a picture of her feet and her looking at a necklace with a carriage on it? The carriage might have made sense if it said she was waiting for her prince charming (Cinderella reference) or something of the sort.

She is majoring in financing and accounting, yet all of her pictures display a rather frivolous girl. maybe a party girl, or a girl that gets people to do things for her because she is used to having things done for her. I don't get the impression that she is at all intellectual.

I'm just not seeing any correlation between the pictures and the statements, either in an abstract or literal sense.

That's just my opinion, though. And what I see could be completely different than what others see. You had an artistic vision, and you made it come to life for yourself at least, and that is the most important thing.

fortasse said:
Doubt The Rabbit said:

I agree with this. The photos seemed like a caricature of the pouty/babyish/sexy stereotype for Asians. It didn't express anything about her character, and instead seemed to contradict what she had to say in between the photos. In one she says she loves being with friends, yet the photos directly above and below this statement are close-ups of her face. If she says she is a social person, it might have even made sense to have her texting or talking on the phone, or replying to 5 different PMs on Facebook. If you wanted to be literal, you could have surrounded her by people with her smiling or something.

She says she is serious about relationships, and right below that you have a picture of her hands, devoid of engagement ring, promise ring, purity ring. or a love note from a boyfriend. Something. She likes staying out late, likes Taiwan. the photos surrounding that are close-ups again.

Her hobbies are surrounded by a picture of her feet and her looking at a necklace with a carriage on it? The carriage might have made sense if it said she was waiting for her prince charming (Cinderella reference) or something of the sort.

She is majoring in financing and accounting, yet all of her pictures display a rather frivolous girl. maybe a party girl, or a girl that gets people to do things for her because she is used to having things done for her. I don't get the impression that she is at all intellectual.

I'm just not seeing any correlation between the pictures and the statements, either in an abstract or literal sense.

That's just my opinion, though. And what I see could be completely different than what others see. You had an artistic vision, and you made it come to life for yourself at least, and that is the most important thing.

I actually liked the first "carriage picture", to me it symbolised her desire to travel more.

I did find it somewhat superfluous to add two more pictures of the same kind though.

Honestly dude, staring at the photos of some teen model asian chic is counter-productive to getting over the feeling of loneliness....You must be promoting this site or something. For the sake of the lonely guys on this forum, I question your motives...

Zeek said:
Honestly dude, staring at the photos of some teen model asian chic is counter-productive to getting over the feeling of loneliness....You must be promoting this site or something. For the sake of the lonely guys on this forum, I question your motives...

Description of the "Express Yourself" sub-forum: "Through art of any form, we'd love to see (or listen to) your talents!" Last I checked, photography is a form of art. The OP was simply sharing his/her art with us. He/she was not trying to cure loneliness. Art isn't about overcoming loneliness. It is simply about "expressing yourself."

Peter, I see what you mean. I didn't really make that connection, because I suppose I was focusing more on her comments about what her hobbies were. I can see how a carriage might symbolize traveling. I wonder if that was the OPs intent.

fortasse said:
You had an artistic vision, and you made it come to life for yourself at least, and that is the most important thing.

Mmm...not entirely. Visual artists, including photographers, are also entertainers. If you want to take a picture that only you, yourself, understand then fine...keep it in a photo album or personal gallery. If you're going to PUBLISH a photo shoot, then the PUBLIC needs to see what the artist sees...that is the professional artist's job. It's to give his audience a glimpse inside his head. It's to move and inspire and, yes, please the public in a personal way.

This particular shoot, sad to say, is stereotypical, been-done, overbaked, and wrapped in plastic. If nothing else, I'd say it would make a beautiful advertisement for some new cake or jewelry or candy-scented perfume.

Nevertheless, it is art...no art is bad art...and I'm sure it appeals to many (just check out all the 'likes' it has!). I just think it doesn't give you much to remember. Just one of those things you glance over, think, "oh, that's pretty!" and then forget for the rest of your life.

I will say, though, that I really liked the one photo with her arms crossed and looking off to the side. It looks as though she's reflecting on her past. I think it would have been better placed up where it says she used to be short-tempered and is now more calm and cool.

Badjedidude said:
Is she a dude?

you kidding right ? lol

floffyschneeman said:
Why did you hide her pretty asian eyes? ^^

Personally, I think that she is indeed cute but natural beauty would always be the best way to reveal a person's inner character and soul.

lol its her choice lah, she want to present herself this way

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Well...let's start with the make-up. It's a good accessory for lots of photos, but in this case,

the headshots - looks like she is wearing fake eyelashes. Either the eyeliner is wonky or she actually IS waring fake eyelashes and they're all effed up. Her eyes are already beautiful, even though she's wearing contact lenses. No need to hide that vibrant color with heavy eyelashes. I bet she didn't even need mascara. It doesn't look so bad in the full-body photos, because you can barely see her eye make-up.

I get that you're trying to portray her as a cute everyday girl, but there's a problem here. She doesn't stand out at all, even if she is the focus of the photos. I mean, looking at her may as well be the same as looking at the escalators behind her. Her poses are very ordinary and for fashion portraits, she looks as though you were taking pictures of your girlfriend just for fun.

Actually, besides the make-up bits, I like photos number 1 and 2. In number 3, I would have had her looking directly at the camera - her eyes are so pretty...you want her to draw in whoever's looking at her. Her eyes should be wide and interested...in this, I don't know if she's trying to be sultry or curious or both...and even then, you can't distinguish the two....they're like a puddle of water in which you spill two different colors of paint and mix around a bit...can't tell the red from the blue. It doesn't give the audience something to grab onto.

The overall feeling I get from her is a young girl who wants to be an adult already.

And LOL @ Steve: You scared it's a trap? (wary)

yeh, shes wearing fake lashes and contacts. Normally asian girls have short lashes so they always want to enhance them =(

Thank you very much for your point of view, its very interesting =)

Do you personally feel that our character is in line with our level of personal development and out age ( or at least experience in life ) ?

shysilhouette said:
That is what I personally found to be the suggestive characteristic.

Interesting =)

fortasse said:

Interesting.

hahaha you see, in my art work, I capture my subjects exactly as they as despite what she says about herself and what she does in the pictures.

I do not provide any direction nor contaminate the subject with my influence nor point of view.

Everything in the photos, everything in each word and sentence belongs to the subject and none of mine.

I feel that this is what distinguish me and my peers as my artwork has a sense of unbiased realism.

All of this raw data is completely up to the audience to process and interpret to their content =D

But of course, I must constantly work hard on my technical skills as a photographer to improve the presentation of my work to make it better. But this is the general idea =)

As for the background and place i choose, this sort of captures an element of fate to my work. Its like it is fate that we have to shoot at this place at this particular moment ( i hope i am making sense )

Peter Lorre said:
I actually liked the first "carriage picture", to me it symbolised her desire to travel more.

I did find it somewhat superfluous to add two more pictures of the same kind though.

Hmm .. by first carriage picture you meant #1 ?

Zeek said:

relax dude, i am lonely too ... ( its weird saying this to another guy )

Anyways, where you from mate ?

Maybe my pictures mean that it is a sign that you have to come to Asia ? XD

fortasse said:
Description of the "Express Yourself" sub-forum: "Through art of any form, we'd love to see (or listen to) your talents!" Last I checked, photography is a form of art. The OP was simply sharing his/her art with us. He/she was not trying to cure loneliness. Art isn't about overcoming loneliness. It is simply about "expressing yourself."

Peter, I see what you mean. I didn't really make that connection, because I suppose I was focusing more on her comments about what her hobbies were. I can see how a carriage might symbolize traveling. I wonder if that was the OPs intent.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Mmm...not entirely. Visual artists, including photographers, are also entertainers. If you want to take a picture that only you, yourself, understand then fine...keep it in a photo album or personal gallery. If you're going to PUBLISH a photo shoot, then the PUBLIC needs to see what the artist sees...that is the professional artist's job. It's to give his audience a glimpse inside his head. It's to move and inspire and, yes, please the public in a personal way.

This particular shoot, sad to say, is stereotypical, been-done, overbaked, and wrapped in plastic. If nothing else, I'd say it would make a beautiful advertisement for some new cake or jewelry or candy-scented perfume.

Nevertheless, it is art...no art is bad art...and I'm sure it appeals to many (just check out all the 'likes' it has!). I just think it doesn't give you much to remember. Just one of those things you glance over, think, "oh, that's pretty!" and then forget for the rest of your life.

I will say, though, that I really liked the one photo with her arms crossed and looking off to the side. It looks as though she's reflecting on her past. I think it would have been better placed up where it says she used to be short-tempered and is now more calm and cool.

Then again, do you believe in the "healing power of art" ? hahahah

erm ... pardon me, what do you mean by carriage ? A fancy word for pose ? haha

From my point of view is simple, all of my work both photographic and literal combines into one huge artwork which entirely, totally symbolizes Tania Zheng at this particular space and time.

Or at least, at that moment in space and time of which the photos were written and interview was done.

The interpretation of each picture's relation to each other and her statements are entirely up to the discretion of the observing audience =) You !

Then again, they also say sometimes art is garbage and garbage is art. But sometimes garbage is also garbage XD

I hope i am not crazy

Doubt The Rabbit said:

This is an interesting view :) One that should be considered, I think. Most aspiring artists fail to see their responsibility as artists. You make art on what ever reasons you have but generally, you are expressing something personal or an idea you want to convey. Thus, it is your responsibility to evoke that particular emotion to people or at least evoke something that would have a significant effect on them when they see/experience your art.

I like the idea of art as creative catalyst giving birth for another thought or concept that would in turn continue to inspire another idea.

While we are on that matter, is it safe to say then that there is no such thing as ''art for art sakes''? (hmm)

Doubt The Rabbit said:

I like that picture too. I believe it was the only one where she was not trying or posing to look cute.

I think it would be nice too, to take candid pictures instead of posed ones. It would be more about what she really is when no one is looking at her (hmm)

JohnKok said:
yeh, shes wearing fake lashes and contacts. Normally asian girls have short lashes so they always want to enhance them =(

Thank you very much for your point of view, its very interesting =)

Do you personally feel that our character is in line with our level of personal development and out age ( or at least experience in life ) ?

Yes...it's a shame that she'd want to alter her eyes like that...even without the fake eyelashes (always thought such things were tacky ever since I was a kid anyway) her eyes are very big and beautiful. She's no anime character, for crap's sake!

If you group these pictures with her statements, all you see is a girl who either gives her personality more depth than it has through words, or a girl who hides her personality for the sake of being a shallow, but socially acceptable, person. Then again, her responses seem to be a dime a dozen...maybe she's just not an interesting person.

Interesting.

hahaha you see, in my art work, I capture my subjects exactly as they as despite what she says about herself and what she does in the pictures.

I do not provide any direction nor contaminate the subject with my influence nor point of view.

Everything in the photos, everything in each word and sentence belongs to the subject and none of mine.

I feel that this is what distinguish me and my peers as my artwork has a sense of unbiased realism.

All of this raw data is completely up to the audience to process and interpret to their content =D

But of course, I must constantly work hard on my technical skills as a photographer to improve the presentation of my work to make it better. But this is the general idea =)

As for the background and place i choose, this sort of captures an element of fate to my work. Its like it is fate that we have to shoot at this place at this particular moment ( i hope i am making sense )

That begs the question, are these candid shots? I doubt it... Did she decide on how she wanted to pose?
You should definitely include this explanation in your works...besides her god awful makeup, her clothing choice is fine. The setting is fine. You probably could have gotten some better shots from different angles on some of them, but other than that, fine. I think the biggest thing here is the lack of correlation between the pictures and her words.

With this explanation, it can be said that you did your job in taking pictures of a girl you thought was cute. She just happened to appear as a fake and kitschy girl. It doesn't change others' views towards the picture, but it would alter my view towards the artist just a little bit.

Hmm .. by first carriage picture you meant #1 ?
Yes...the carriage is the thing at the end of her necklace.

Then again, do you believe in the "healing power of art" ? hahahah

erm ... pardon me, what do you mean by carriage ? A fancy word for pose ? haha

From my point of view is simple, all of my work both photographic and literal combines into one huge artwork which entirely, totally symbolizes Tania Zheng at this particular space and time.

Or at least, at that moment in space and time of which the photos were written and interview was done.

The interpretation of each picture's relation to each other and her statements are entirely up to the discretion of the observing audience =) You !

Then again, they also say sometimes art is garbage and garbage is art. But sometimes garbage is also garbage XD

I hope i am not crazy

Mm...that's why I can only judge this work on a personal level. As I said, I'm sure it inspires a lot of people...especially fashion-wise. It just doesn't inspire me in the way you probably intended it. If I wanted to do some kind of commercial for a cute jewelry line, though, you and Tania would be top on my list for people to call.

Yes, I believe in the healing power of art, which, again, can either be conveyed on a personal or public level. Be it emotional, mental, or physical disability, I believe that art can heal it all...just, when creating it, you have to think of the audience you have in mind first.

floffyschneeman said:
This is an interesting view :) One that should be considered, I think. Most aspiring artists fail to see their responsibility as artists. You make art on what ever reasons you have but generally, you are expressing something personal or an idea you want to convey. Thus, it is your responsibility to evoke that particular emotion to people or at least evoke something that would have a significant effect on them when they see/experience your art.

I like the idea of art as creative catalyst giving birth for another thought or concept that would in turn continue to inspire another idea.

While we are on that matter, is it safe to say then that there is no such thing as ''art for art sakes''? (hmm)

I think I love you a little bit :D

I think there IS such thing as "art for art's sake", but it's the art that you make without giving a honeysuckle who thinks what about it. It's the art that kindergarteners and dirt poor painters and old guys do. It's the art that you make when you're ******* pissed and the only thing you can think of is trying to get that slimy, disgusting, leeching feeling off your chest. That's art for art's sake, and I love it.

IF, however, you are planning art for publishing, then you can't JUST do it for the sake of art. It's your job, your bread maker, and just like any other, you need to put the customer first.

That isn't to say that art driven by personal experience isn't worth selling - it happens all the time, but the artist usually doesn't intend for it to happen. Sometimes another person can simply relate to the way your mind works and the way you express it with your hands (this goes with ANY type of art, including writing). A good example for this is all those old, dead artists whose paintings are now worth a fortune. I bet none of those guys expected to be so famous and "wealthy," but they are now.

And I'll tell you what, half of their painitngs and sculptures I couldn't relate to or even see the POINT in to save my life.

However, that's OKAY because they didn't paint half of those pieces for me or anyone else. It just so happens that someone DID like it...someone with great influence...and showed other people how to like it as well.

I like that picture too. I believe it was the only one where she was not trying or posing to look cute.

I think it would be nice too, to take candid pictures instead of posed ones. It would be more about what she really is when no one is looking at her (hmm)

Yes, more candid shots would have served this purpose much better. Perhaps have someone help you while you were interviewing her..you could have taken shots as she was talking. Walk around with her during the interview and get those moments. Take her into a store and see how she reacts. That kind of thing.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
fortasse said:
You had an artistic vision, and you made it come to life for yourself at least, and that is the most important thing.

It's still important that the artist first bring his vision to actualization. If he keeps it in his head for all eternity, then this conversation would not be happening at all. So yes, the most important part is that he actualize his vision.

After that, he can have people critique it like we are doing now. I wouldn't agree that we have to see the same vision as him, though. If he has a particular purpose for his work, we should be able to see what that purpose is of course. That does not mean we must all see the same exact thing, though.

And perhaps his art does please people. I would assume it pleases the model who took the pictures.

I can agree with this.

JohnKok said:
Interesting.

Hmm. I think you should preface all of your works with that statement. It changes my perspective of the art. If she is the one that came up with her poses, make-up, clothing, location, and also provided all those statements that don't match the pictures I would say it is a study in the contradictions of human nature. I would say that the way we perceive ourselves and the way we present ourselves are always contradicting ourselves, and the old adage that actions speak louder than words is most certainly true.

Question, though: do you arrange the pictures and statements, or does the model arrange how she wants the pictures and statements laid out?

floffyschneeman said:

You mean like sort of do a candid/spycam shot of the subject ? hahahah that would be a very interesting theme to do

Doubt The Rabbit said:
Yes...it's a shame that she'd want to alter her eyes like that...even without the fake eyelashes (always thought such things were tacky ever since I was a kid anyway) her eyes are very big and beautiful. She's no anime character, for crap's sake!

If you group these pictures with her statements, all you see is a girl who either gives her personality more depth than it has through words, or a girl who hides her personality for the sake of being a shallow, but socially acceptable, person. Then again, her responses seem to be a dime a dozen...maybe she's just not an interesting person.

well ... shes a 19 year old girl, is it possible that maybe shes just too young ?

Doubt The Rabbit said:
That begs the question, are these candid shots? I doubt it... Did she decide on how she wanted to pose?
You should definitely include this explanation in your works...besides her god awful makeup, her clothing choice is fine. The setting is fine. You probably could have gotten some better shots from different angles on some of them, but other than that, fine. I think the biggest thing here is the lack of correlation between the pictures and her words.

With this explanation, it can be said that you did your job in taking pictures of a girl you thought was cute. She just happened to appear as a fake and kitschy girl. It doesn't change others' views towards the picture, but it would alter my view towards the artist just a little bit.

Hmm ... interesting. How can I format her words and pictures together better ?

We did the interview to get to know her and the photoshoot separately and the poses and direction of the photoshoot does not overlap generally in terms of art direction ( meaning that if she says that she is actually supergirl, i would not ask her to wear bright colored costumed and cap and take photo of her )

But the general direction of it all is that all of her words and her poses, they are all hers. The whole entire article, it is all 100 % Tania Zheng.

Mm...that's why I can only judge this work on a personal level. As I said, I'm sure it inspires a lot of people...especially fashion-wise. It just doesn't inspire me in the way you probably intended it. If I wanted to do some kind of commercial for a cute jewelry line, though, you and Tania would be top on my list for people to call.

Yes, I believe in the healing power of art, which, again, can either be conveyed on a personal or public level. Be it emotional, mental, or physical disability, I believe that art can heal it all...just, when creating it, you have to think of the audience you have in mind first.

hehe thank you

well ... i want to inspire in my audience a sense of empathy and encourage the presence of this positive value in their lives. I hope that my work can change society in this sense.

I want my audience to want to try to understand who is Tania by looking at my work.

How can I achieve this ?

I think I love you a little bit :D

I think there IS such thing as "art for art's sake", but it's the art that you make without giving a honeysuckle who thinks what about it. It's the art that kindergarteners and dirt poor painters and old guys do. It's the art that you make when you're ******* pissed and the only thing you can think of is trying to get that slimy, disgusting, leeching feeling off your chest. That's art for art's sake, and I love it.

IF, however, you are planning art for publishing, then you can't JUST do it for the sake of art. It's your job, your bread maker, and just like any other, you need to put the customer first.

That isn't to say that art driven by personal experience isn't worth selling - it happens all the time, but the artist usually doesn't intend for it to happen. Sometimes another person can simply relate to the way your mind works and the way you express it with your hands (this goes with ANY type of art, including writing). A good example for this is all those old, dead artists whose paintings are now worth a fortune. I bet none of those guys expected to be so famous and "wealthy," but they are now.

And I'll tell you what, half of their painitngs and sculptures I couldn't relate to or even see the POINT in to save my life.

However, that's OKAY because they didn't paint half of those pieces for me or anyone else. It just so happens that someone DID like it...someone with great influence...and showed other people how to like it as well.

Well ... those long dead artist dont have something that is common nowadays, the mighty internet XD

Yes, more candid shots would have served this purpose much better. Perhaps have someone help you while you were interviewing her..you could have taken shots as she was talking. Walk around with her during the interview and get those moments. Take her into a store and see how she reacts. That kind of thing.

Thats a really good idea =)

It's still important that the artist first bring his vision to actualization. If he keeps it in his head for all eternity, then this conversation would not be happening at all. So yes, the most important part is that he actualize his vision.

After that, he can have people critique it like we are doing now. I wouldn't agree that we have to see the same vision as him, though. If he has a particular purpose for his work, we should be able to see what that purpose is of course. That does not mean we must all see the same exact thing, though.

And perhaps his art does please people. I would assume it pleases the model who took the pictures.

Yes, there is no need for the standardization of interpretations =)

haha well .. the model told me that she loved them, im not sure if shes just being nice though

As for myself, my work has served its purpose, i believe i have expressed Tania to a satisfactory point of accuracy

Hmm. I think you should preface all of your works with that statement. It changes my perspective of the art. If she is the one that came up with her poses, make-up, clothing, location, and also provided all those statements that don't match the pictures I would say it is a study in the contradictions of human nature. I would say that the way we perceive ourselves and the way we present ourselves are always contradicting ourselves, and the old adage that actions speak louder than words is most certainly true.

Question, though: do you arrange the pictures and statements, or does the model arrange how she wants the pictures and statements laid out?

Yes she is the one who came up with everything to express who she is

Then again, our actions signify who we are today, our words tell who want to be tomorrow and the expression of our faces show who we were yesterday

The pictures and statements are arranged by me, i am constantly researching on a better form of arrangement and layout to fit my artistic purpose.

Do you have any ideas ?

JohnKok said:
Then again, our actions signify who we are today, our words tell who want to be tomorrow and the expression of our faces show who we were yesterday

:)

The pictures and statements are arranged by me, i am constantly researching on a better form of arrangement and layout to fit my artistic purpose.

Do you have any ideas ?

I have ideas of how I would arrange the photos, but you are not me. My artistic vision is not your artistic vision.

I think it might be easier for the viewer to gather an impression of the work if there were less photos, though. In general, humans are not very good at paying attention to something that is long. So the less photos, the more they can concentrate their efforts on the few photos that are there.

You have 50 photos. A person can get lost in all of those photos. Sensory overload. Not sure what to pay attention, what details are important in order to develop a sense of who Tania is.

It might also help to divide the comments about Tania up more evenly between the photos, so that it isn't an information-dump in the beginning with only photos in the end.

Just my opinion.

fortasse said:
I have ideas of how I would arrange the photos, but you are not me. My artistic vision is not your artistic vision.

I think it might be easier for the viewer to gather an impression of the work if there were less photos, though. In general, humans are not very good at paying attention to something that is long. So the less photos, the more they can concentrate their efforts on the few photos that are there.

You have 50 photos. A person can get lost in all of those photos. Sensory overload. Not sure what to pay attention, what details are important in order to develop a sense of who Tania is.

It might also help to divide the comments about Tania up more evenly between the photos, so that it isn't an information-dump in the beginning with only photos in the end.

Just my opinion.

I get exactly what you mean =)

I experimented with it before

Is this better ?

http://famecherry.com/models/cheri/dec10/kyan/kyan-seah/

Latest posts

Back