Feeling distressed... Looking to speak to anyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iSurf

If anyone is reading this then please tell me about yourself... Maybe it would help to talk about hobbies or interests? What's on your mind etc.?

I know this is an extremely random post, but just hoping to hear from someone.

Hello. You sound upset. Any better since you posted? I hope so.

I'm just drinking some coffee ahead of my plan to stay up all night. What do you have planned for the evening? Where are you from (roughly)? What is the weather like there?

Cheers,
Robert

Hi. I don't really have any interests/hobbies. Perhaps if you told us a little about yourself that might help?

Hi isurf,

Feel free to PM me from the UK for a chat, otherwise i hope your ok? With regards to ur name, do u surf waves or internet??

Hey Acquisition, I'm Fine, and boodika.

Thanks for the prompt responses... you can clearly see what being up at 2:00 AM does to you (too much time to think). I think I'm definitely calmer now, because I finally fell asleep after the post. I don't do very well in the evenings since I have all the time to reflect on things and then I find myself wondering where did my life go? Which sounds strange to say at 22 years old, but its the way I feel at times.

So about surfing, yes I do surf... but unfortunately I've moved away from the coast and I'm living in a small town in the Mid-West so the one thing that helped me to cope with being lonely has been taken away in a sense. I moved because I got a scholarship to go to graduate school up here... Actually there are only two weeks left of the term.

I could go into great length about things on my mind, but I don't want to kill the threads haha. I appreciate everyone taking the time to read and reply. P.S. Acquisition I love coffee, I have quiet a few batches of the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee,

Ah, 2AM. I know it well....(although I should point out that I get the post times translated into MY time so according to this, you wrote it at 6:30 AM - oops).

Glad you're feeling a bit calmer. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about things off thread. Sometimes it can help to just write it down.

Take care *hugs*

iSurf said:
Hey Acquisition, I'm Fine, and boodika.

Thanks for the prompt responses... you can clearly see what being up at 2:00 AM does to you (too much time to think). I think I'm definitely calmer now, because I finally fell asleep after the post. I don't do very well in the evenings since I have all the time to reflect on things and then I find myself wondering where did my life go? Which sounds strange to say at 22 years old, but its the way I feel at times.

I could go into great length about things on my mind, but I don't want to kill the threads haha. I appreciate everyone taking the time to read and reply. P.S. Acquisition I love coffee, I have quiet a few batches of the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee,

You're welcome. And it wouldn't kill the thread at all to share what you are feeling, in fact it would probably make it, since well, I'm (and I assume others) are here to listen.

Yes coffee is where it is at, that stuff sounds real good. I had some fancier Ethiopian coffee, but I'm stuck on the supermarket slush for a bit, boo!

Anyways, I'm a bit older than you (29) so I feel the sentiment you are feeling to an extent. Some of it seems to be rooted in your longing for "the good old days" coupled with your radically different environment and the change associated with all that. I've made some bad decisions in how I wanted to approach life and "wasted" some years.

The thing is I don't know if I would have figured out what I wanted out of life and such. You can't change the past, only how you look at it. I, by the blessings of God have many years and the best amongst them ahead of me. And so do you. Have a good one.

iSurf said:
I don't do very well in the evenings since I have all the time to reflect on things and then I find myself wondering where did my life go? Which sounds strange to say at 22 years old, but its the way I feel at times.

I have quiet a few batches of the Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee,

I'm much the same. after a full day's work, coming home is nice but then I end up dwelling on how i thought my life would be when I was 21, doing all the studying and working, to how it is just over 10 years later. So evenings are rough for me to which is why I have to be careful with how much wine or ale i put away because that can be a slippery slope!

And, how weird, my Dad use to like Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee too.

boodika said:
I'm much the same. after a full day's work, coming home is nice but then I end up dwelling on how i thought my life would be when I was 21, doing all the studying and working, to how it is just over 10 years later. So evenings are rough for me to which is why I have to be careful with how much wine or ale i put away because that can be a slippery slope!

And, how weird, my Dad use to like Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee too.

Well I'm actually from Jamaica, but I've been living long enough in the United States to call it home. So I can get Blue Mountain coffee pretty cheap! And what you expressed after your long days of work hits close to home... I'm not working yet, but its the same sort of thing with school life and then lying in bed in the evenings thinking about the past and the future.

So I must say that I only registered here yesterday and I know this desperate post seemed to have come out of nowhere... but I appreciate you and all others that responded so quickly. Its almost helped to remind me I'm in fact still real and existing lol... Just really alone in the world if that makes sense.

Latest posts

Back