what would you do....?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

MisterD

if you were told by the doctor that you only have a month to live.... how are you gonna spent your remaining days? what would you feel....what would be the things thats going on with your mind...

I would say goodbye to all the people i know, i would apologize to everything ive done wrong. i would say hug and kiss all the people i love and tell them how much they made my life meaningful in a way.. how they been great to played a role in my life..and to my one true love..after this i would ask the doctor to just kill me..

i thought about this subject...coz my step father has been given a month to live , he has pancreas cancer. hes a strict man but hes always been good tome.. hes going back home now to spend the rest of his days.. my mom wants me to be with her until the day.. i feel so sad and feeling lonely as ever ...

Have you ever seen the movie "my life"? It's a great movie.

So much can be done in one month, why waste the time that's left? I know many people who have died of cancer and until you are in considerable pain or are in a drugged stupor there are plenty of things to do.

Yeah, in one month so much can happen. Instead of focusing on how much time left or the sadness it brings, focusing more on the quality time spent with your step father is more precious now.

It's never easy to deal with death. At least there's time, rather than no time at all.

if i was sure i only had one month to live, i would go home and bum. Watch tv, eat, sleep, use the net....it would be HEAVEN..

MisterD said:
wow u guys make it sound so easy. terrific

It sounds easy but I never said it will be easy. Things like these are never easy, heck, sometimes they're the hardest to go through even. All I'm saying is, now you have the time to say sorry or do good things for him or just be there with him, there's time for you to do things.

I didn't get this much time when I lost my Dad last December and up till today I just wished I had just at least 10 more minutes to be able to be by his side and hold his hand. Just that cos there's nothing more I can ask for. I didn't even get to say sorry for the major argument we had before that. I live my life to not have regrets, but I will admit that that is one big regret I have in my entire life in which I had no control of. And it takes so long just to get over the fact that I didn't get enough time to just do things with him.

So while there's time, seize it to the best you can so that when he's no longer around, it doesn't hurt as much as it would if there wasn't any time. It's reality.

It's not gonna be easy, dude. But you have to be strong for this, no matter how lonely you get now, during, or after. And you've still got us here to talk to if you need to.

jales said:
if i was sure i only had one month to live, i would go home and bum. Watch tv, eat, sleep, use the net....it would be HEAVEN..

Lol that's just what I've been doing lately. But not that I'm dying. I'm just bumming around while I can. :p

i ll go see aeth, and go home (finally). and find a god/gods that works to buy my way out.
oh yea before i die i ll tell them brb...

chyna.jpg

i m serious though... and that's not easy o.o

You gonna brb to the them? Lol that's pretty funny cos I'm just imagining how it'll be like :D
Not that I'm making fun or anything (no offence and sorry!)

But on a serious note, yep, I understand :)

You now I have thought about this be for and realy have no idea what I would do.

I would not say sorry for anything as Ive done nothing to be sorry about.

Maybe start smoking cigarettes again lol Not like I would have to worry about cancer ;)

I wouldn't go to church I don't think. I would just try and have a good time and tell the ppl I love that I love them.

One thing I would do is pay for a few ppl Ive made friends with over the net to come over and have a party of a life time. I would make it a rule that there would be no crying

best answer so far :) i like the idea

bluey said:
You now I have thought about this be for and realy have no idea what I would do.

Maybe start smoking cigarettes again lol Not like I would have to worry about cancer ;)

I wouldn't go to church I don't think. I would just try and have a good time and tell the ppl I love that I love them.

One thing I would do is pay for a few ppl Ive made friends with over the net to come over and have a party of a life time. I would make it a rule that there would be no crying

nice one too :) but it sound so easy when you say it. Coz once u had a time with the person you care about going away,u will feel lonelier and cry missing them. we are human after all. but i guess its better to have the chance of a one last happy moment with someone you care about other than not having the chance at all :)

mink said:
MisterD said:
wow u guys make it sound so easy. terrific

It sounds easy but I never said it will be easy. Things like these are never easy, heck, sometimes they're the hardest to go through even. All I'm saying is, now you have the time to say sorry or do good things for him or just be there with him, there's time for you to do things.

I didn't get this much time when I lost my Dad last December and up till today I just wished I had just at least 10 more minutes to be able to be by his side and hold his hand. Just that cos there's nothing more I can ask for. I didn't even get to say sorry for the major argument we had before that. I live my life to not have regrets, but I will admit that that is one big regret I have in my entire life in which I had no control of. And it takes so long just to get over the fact that I didn't get enough time to just do things with him.

So while there's time, seize it to the best you can so that when he's no longer around, it doesn't hurt as much as it would if there wasn't any time. It's reality.

It's not gonna be easy, dude. But you have to be strong for this, no matter how lonely you get now, during, or after. And you've still got us here to talk to if you need to.

jales said:

Lol that's just what I've been doing lately. But not that I'm dying. I'm just bumming around while I can. :p

awwh..bluey; be my friend....i wont cry (i promose) lol

MisterD said:
best answer so far :) i like the idea

bluey said:

MisterD said:
nice one too :) but it sound so easy when you say it. Coz once u had a time with the person you care about going away,u will feel lonelier and cry missing them. we are human after all. but i guess its better to have the chance of a one last happy moment with someone you care about other than not having the chance at all :)

Yep. That's why there's the saying "It's always easier said than done." :) And I'm telling you, it's not easy. Cos then when you spend time with that someone, you can't help but come to the realisation that you're doing this cos they might just go anytime soon. But I wish you all the best, MisterD ;)

jales said:
awwh..bluey; be my friend....i wont cry (i promose) lol

Hallo jales. Pleas to meet you. And of cours all be your friend :p You seem like a lovable person :) OH and you better not cry lol

Am glad that every one liked my plan for only a month leaft :D

So sorry to hear what you've gone through. Reading your post made me stop and think about myself. Yes..we're all going to face this point aren't we? I know this sounds odd..but in some way your father was blessed. He was told how long he had. Some of us will never get that chance. One month to live? I think I'd sell everything I own..take a trip around the world or at least as far as my money would take me. Then come home and hold onto to the ones I loved the most. Towards the very end..I think if I had the courage..I would take care of the problem. I hate hospitals and wouldn't anyone who cared for me to suffer any length of time waiting for me to pass.

I would burn my appartment building down in the middle of the night. And I would definately call my friend with cancer and be like im going to beat you. I would tell off my mother. Then I would fly to Australia or Puerto Rico.

Latest posts

Back