Stupid poetry...honest opinions please

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I couldent get these thoughts out of my head one day, so I tried writing them down and this is what came out. Be brutal.

My Suicide
Why do I try to hate the things I cannot change
when it hurts to remember they'll never go away,
stuck in my head so deceptively gentle, my tears like stencils on the canvas are written,
the pictures of my life
leaving my will to die,
but when I'm gone will my mother cry
make my father look to the sky to ask his god, why?
Will my babies cry what made daddy want to die
why did he have to go when all we needed was him to hold and be told, we're worth more then nothing
worth enough for him to stay alive,
The pains back, I messed up again, and then she's gone forever until no end, there's no way to fix this, no way to win
Just pull the trigger, fall into the abyss, the world doesn't need you anymore, lost in its precipice
we all die one day yes this is true, but is it me or is it you who decides its due time
when a mother looses her child and mourns for her life, what would you say
it was her choice, she took her own life?
I wasn't enough to keep mommy alive, so why should I live when she's done and died? I'll end my suffering on the edge of a blade,
and my suffering will end when my heart has been broken,
How foolish is this, Oh heart made of stone
to pretend you're alone in your sorrow
and will touch no one if you die tonight,
Everything will be ok, one day again, so I cannot let it win
my suicide

I can't really say anything about it on a structural/form basis (I know there's rules to poetry, I just don't know what they are) but I can say that it's emotive which, I think, is the point of it. There's a little confusion just over half way down where you have the mother losing her child and then the line 'I wasn't enough to keep mommy alive' - which doesn't make sense (also it's 'loses not looses') and you've got you ending your suffering on the edge of a blade and then the next line you state that your suffering will end when your heart has been broken (again confusing) but otherwise - I like it.

You said to be brutal so I took you at your word. I hope that's ok.

I tried to capture the arguments that I've had with myself in my head about suicide, and people I know who have tried to kill themselves. You're right the form is terrible and I'm no writer but sometimes I have to put things into script or I go insane; I did try to get it right though, but really when does suicide make sense except to the person committing it?

I can understand the need to write things out, to get things off your chest that way. It's fine.

This is what I would like to believe, hope and all that jazz....I personally know it doesn't work. But it's an incredibly nice thought to have hope, maybe it will work for someone else you know..

I sometimes feel better after I've written things out. It just depends on how I'm doing at that particular time. It's not a matter of hope, it's a matter of mood. At least for me, anyway.

I know what you're saying , but there's a point when suicide goes beyond mood and emotion. After that hope is really the only thing that can turn things around, even if it's false hope.
But !$%# that.

I think once suicide gets beyond mood and emotion, it's beyond hope too.

Anyway, my point was that I understood why you'd want to write it down. Not that it would necessarily help ALL the time. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm not very good at making myself understood. Sorry.

I don't think there are any rules to poetry or any bad poetry--it is your work...if people don't understand it, it doesn't matter because it is from your heart and soul. Many famous poets write poems that I have no clue about what they mean. I happen to like it. I write, and a lot of my writing is "DARK," like your poem. I just hope you are not writing in with the thought of actually wanting to commit suicide on your mind!

I said:
I can't really say anything about it on a structural/form basis (I know there's rules to poetry, I just don't know what they are) but I can say that it's emotive which, I think, is the point of it. There's a little confusion just over half way down where you have the mother losing her child and then the line 'I wasn't enough to keep mommy alive' - which doesn't make sense (also it's 'loses not looses') and you've got you ending your suffering on the edge of a blade and then the next line you state that your suffering will end when your heart has been broken (again confusing) but otherwise - I like it.

You said to be brutal so I took you at your word. I hope that's ok.

I would love your critiques if you wouldn't mind because sometimes i get too caught up in the emotion and not in its structure.

I like the rawness of the piece and your further explanation of the poem makes it click in my mind. It's not stupid poetry it's just the forreal truth.

Thanks everyone for the comments....it's appreciated, criticism or not

Thanks everyone for the comments....it's appreciated, criticism or not

Latest posts

Back