The power of a smile (stolen and edited)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A new life

Reaction score
I stole this post from someone who has been banned.
I have also edited it quite a bit to suit myself.
The topic was too good to die just because of his/her being banned.
Quit yer bitching and criticizing! I've been up front and honest from the start about stealing this post.

[edit]
The Power of a Smile
Although it lasts only a moment, the memory may stay with you all your life. Its value is immense, but nobody is so poor that he cannot share it or so rich that he does not need it. What are we talking about? A smile.
Receiving a warm smile can help us to feel more relaxed and to cope better with frustration or challenges.

Yes, by this simple gesture, we can benefit ourselves and others. Why not make an effort to share this most valuable gift—a warm smile?
[/edit]

I know two women at work who are beautiful in my opinion
except for the fact that they very rarely smile.
I've told them both how nice it is when they smile but they must
be quite unhappy where we work, because they hardly ever smile at all.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to :D

usually i have so much stuff going on inside my head that i dont have time to think about smiling :p
doesnt meen im not enjoing myself, just thinking really hard.

when i pas people on the street i always smile.
seems people around here dont know what to do with that :p

Well there is a note, not sure if real or fake about a suicide jumper off the golden gate bridge. In the note they exclaimed that while they walked towards their final destination if only 1 person smiled at them they would've turned around and stopped. Sadly no one smiled at them.

I know there have been times when i wasn't in to good of a place and a simple smile from a stranger has helped me pull out of it. It really doesn't make sense because i can't explain what such a simple thing can mean at times.

I don't think smiles are that great and are that earth shattering. All they mean to me is that someone is friendly and open, not that they wish me well.

If you want to be helpful to someone, be kind to them, help them with something. That is better than a smile that could be interpreted many different ways...

SophiaGrace said:
I don't think smiles are that great and are that earth shattering. All they mean to me is that someone is friendly and open, not that they wish me well.

If you want to be helpful to someone, be kind to them, help them with something. That is better than a smile that could be interpreted many different ways...

OK, I'll be the smile Nazi.
NO SMILES FOR YOU!

SophiaGrace said:
I don't think smiles are that great and are that earth shattering. ....

Earth shattering, no. .

A new life said:
SophiaGrace said:

OK, I'll be the smile Nazi.
NO SMILES FOR YOU!

As long as I can get my soup, i'll be fine. :p

Latest posts

Back