Lets Break this Lonliness Shitt!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rahul Goyal

Hey friends
Each one of is lonely out here!! But none of us is trying to be sport enuff to break this lonliness.
Wat say...Lets share our ways to get out of lonliness
Lets get rid of depressing times,moments..Lets be happy and lets make others happy
Lets share wat can we do to shatter this cage called LONLINESS!!

okay..Hey i have a question..i would start a new thread but hey..question for all of you'll is; how much of a friend do you believe an internet friends can be friends?
i want to know if people consider their internet lives as valuable as the real one..or how valuable? how much do you value your internet friends?

Good question. I don't think internet friends can be real good friends in real life. They usually fade off sooner or later. That's what I've been seeing.

But what I believe is, if the internet people are open to each other and they like each other as friends just by hearing out their thoughts online, that's good. If they take a step further to make it a real life friendship, then it's up to whether the other stuff, like physical attributes or manners or anything like that stuff that you don't get to see online, matter to them or not. If it matters then there's no point of bringing it up to the next level. If it doesn't then, I don't see why internet friends can't be as valuable as a real friend can be.

I'm contradicting, aren't I? Lol..

Very well said "MinK"!!
I think its important to share whn ur alone and sad!!
An internet buddy provides u a no frill oppurtunity to speak off ur mind and heard which u m8 not have done had u been wid a tangiable frd.

Now Way 1 to kill lonliness/sadness

Meditating

Meditating holds the key to attach urself to the vast "Unknown" inside u. Its an easy process which doesnt require anything special . For further knowledge kindly visit
www.how-to-meditate.org
Mind u, it's not my website and i genuinely find this link a good source to know more about meditation.

Kindly feel free to post your ways to suppress "Lonliness'
Thanks!

What if You have no friends to begin with and the only avenue to pursue is to make internet friends???

Crew99 said:
What if You have no friends to begin with and the only avenue to pursue is to make internet friends???

Start small, work your way up. Practice on internet friends.

Mink said:
Good question. I don't think internet friends can be real good friends in real life. They usually fade off sooner or later. That's what I've been seeing.

But what I believe is, if the internet people are open to each other and they like each other as friends just by hearing out their thoughts online, that's good. If they take a step further to make it a real life friendship, then it's up to whether the other stuff, like physical attributes or manners or anything like that stuff that you don't get to see online, matter to them or not. If it matters then there's no point of bringing it up to the next level. If it doesn't then, I don't see why internet friends can't be as valuable as a real friend can be.

And I generally agree with this mentality.

mink said:

I've always thought about that too.....for a lot of ppl, including me most of the time, are way more open online, which makes it easier to meet ppl online & express yourself......two lonely ppl in real life that both are scared to talk to ppl can't meet in real life, but they could easily meet online bc ppl are always more open online. I think it'd be a good idea to meet your online friends, though.....I bet you could be friends after that. It's happened to me on myspace.....I would talk to this girl I like on myspace who I would never talk to in school, but after we talked on myspace, she started saying hi to me at school..... For me, I have a lot of more online friends than real life friends.....I'm usually pretty quiet in real life when I'm w a lot of ppl.

Crew99 said:

That's what I did in 6th grade when I had absolutely no--NONE--friends....I registered on this one forum & I made a ton of online friends, which made me feel a little better & less lonely. I know online friends aren't the same as real life friends since u can't physically be w them, laugh w them, go places w them, etc., but they're better than nothing (bc they're still friends)....I think I have more online than real life friends. It's not a bad thing....most ppl are more open & easy to talk to online anyway.

lonelyheartsxx said:
Crew99 said:

That's what I did in 6th grade when I had absolutely no--NONE--friends....I registered on this one forum & I made a ton of online friends, which made me feel a little better & less lonely. I know online friends aren't the same as real life friends since u can't physically be w them, laugh w them, go places w them, etc., but they're better than nothing (bc they're still friends)....I think I have more online than real life friends. It's not a bad thing....most ppl are more open & easy to talk to online anyway.

Well U make a lot of sense!! And i agree to u but i have something to add on
i think too much of "Online/internet status" doesnt let us have our over-all development. Thus i believe tht even if u make internet frds yu try n have significant no. of palpable frds too..plus lets jus break away from this lonliness!!
plus most of the times relationships based on expressionless words (no matter how well u intersperse them with smileys, or intellects) dont stand the test of time.
Wat say!!
Plus guys don forget this topic was started to get ourselves ideas and ways to move beyond the word "Lonely"

You can't break the loneliness, it is deep inside you. I don't know how you guys have no friend but my problem dated back when I was born so it wasn't my fault.

Chris 2 said:
You can't break the loneliness, it is deep inside you. I don't know how you guys have no friend but my problem dated back when I was born so it wasn't my fault.

Chris,

Loneliness is what you make it out to be. It is our mind/head that makes us believe that loneliness can't be cure. If we can learn to break the viscous cycle, then we can cure loneliness.

Secondly, what does friendship means? Or what does it mean to have a friend? A friend is someone that share common interests. A friend is someone who is there for us in the both good and bad time. A friend is someone who can lend an ear. Therefore, I believe that we are friends. Even though none of us have met in person, we would log on to this website to share our thoughts and feelings. So that in the end, we can help each other overcome each obstacle on day at a time.

It's 2008 - let's help each other one step at a time so that we can overcome the obstacles in our life.

If we have a bad day or don't know how to deal with a situation, then we can share our thoughts through this forum. And vice versa. If you see someone that needs help, please reply so that we can each other. :)

Vanessa, what you say is true: Loneliness is a nasty cycle that most of us go through at one time or another. All of us experience it in this forum, or else there's really not a lot of point in us being here. It sounds like you manage your feelings well, and find solice in helping others with similar feelings of isolation. That's great! Welcome to the forum, by the way...

Chris, sigh... I wish you were nearby. It sounds like you need to be around some people who can let you just "be". You don't need people who don't care about you trying to take you on as a "project" or something; you just need some sort of niche. It sounds like you also want someone to take the lead on this, as you constantly report how difficult it is for you to make a first step. We get this, as many of us are a bit intraverted and experience anxiety. I've read many of your posts, and didn't quite know how to respond differently than anyone else. However, know that we're with you, and wish you the best. Just survive one day at a time, and your circumstances will eventually change. College can make anyone feel isolated; it's tough being around thousands of students you don't know or care about, and trying to feel "part of it". I hated university, but eventually I got a job and feel comfortable with a small circle of my coworkers.

Something else to think about... many people would appreciate a genuine conversation. Lots of us could use someone to talk to once in a while, and somebody who offers a compassionate ear in exchange for the same is usually welcome in many circles. The next time you find someone sitting alone or who seems to be lonely, just say hello in passing. If they reciprocate, wonderful! Ask another question, listen, wish them well, and find somewhere else nearby to sit. If the conversation dies out, so be it; you made a brief connection and extended your confidence. Sometimes people will talk because they are bored, and the more genuine and open you are, the more they may seek you out in the future.

Some of us give off "needy" vibes at times. This isn't a bad thing, because it's a way of seeking the companionship we desire. However, take it slowly when developing a new friendship... wait a bit before expressing the totality of your feelings.

Hope this helps... feel better.

jales said:
okay..Hey i have a question..i would start a new thread but hey..question for all of you'll is; how much of a friend do you believe an internet friends can be friends?
i want to know if people consider their internet lives as valuable as the real one..or how valuable? how much do you value your internet friends?

That is a very interesting question. I have to admit that I do regard my lets say real life friends as moor important. But with saying that I have had much moor support and think my Internet friends understand me much moor.

Maybe its because its easier to fined ppl on the net that you have stuff in comen with as your not restricted by how fer away someone lives. I always wish that the ppl I talk to on the net lived closer. If I had as many real life friends as I do net friends I would be a very popular boy in deed.

I do have one person that I talk to fro the net and he has helped me moor then one time when I was feeling very down.

also am moving this to the Loneliness forum

jales said:

It really depends. I know it is possible to become very close to people online. Though it can be harder in many regards and it can vanish over night very easily and you may never find out why.

I know this because back in like 97-2000 I had several very very good online friends. We all played Everquest and were in a guild that was largely made up of the same people for over a year. Several of them I talked to every single day for months.

However, I had a nervous breakdown and lost touch with every last one of them. Since then I have had serious problems ever fully recovering that same sense of closeness. I find it very easy to just move from person to person never really knowing people and just moving on to new people all the time. Which is safe and terrible at the same time. It's why I set up a myspace page a few years back to try to put a stop to it so I could always be found if people are looking for me. I also restricted myself to 1 somewhat uncommon online name. So that if someone ever wanted to track me down online they could.

I had a breakdown because all the things that happened in my childhood started to catch up to me and their sheer weight finally hit me like a ton of bricks. I was nearing the end of a two year college and realized I was completely lost and traped. Going to college because all you know is school and suddenly realizing you don't even know why you are going to college and that you have no plan at all sucks. Not to mention being 100% alone and realizing that you are doomed to always be that way.

regarding cherishing friends online or cherishing friends offline...

Ive had friends come and go. Each one has made some sort of impression that I will always remember. Negative or Positive, it was there. Ive had friends from the internet, friends from different jobs I've had friends from school, friends I grew up with. Sure, not all of them I hung out with a greal deal of time. But we were cool enough that I would consider them friend, and I will cherish any experience that I might have had with these people. Even if I cant remember the details.

Just the idea of exchanging ideas, thoughts, beliefs, experiences. Even if only for a couple of moments. Different walks of life, different personality, different perception of reality.

Latest posts

Back