Happy to be here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyronef

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I am also glad I found this place. I get lonely too, and I need people to chat with.

I am South African, and a part-time student, even though I work full time. I am usually regarded as the mobile encyclopeadia (by my colleagues), but I get shunted on a personal level, when it comes to the social side of things.

I am here to hopefully be amongst people (virtually) who can understand some part of my scenario. I am not depressed (unless I am fooling myself) but I find myself lonely and alone because of my study. I in turn study so that I am not lonely.

I hope I can meet some wonderful friends here....:D

Hi. There are plenty of people here that are willing to talk to others (myself included). I hope you find some people that you like. In the meantime...what are you studying?

I said:
Hi. There are plenty of people here that are willing to talk to others (myself included). I hope you find some people that you like. In the meantime...what are you studying?

I am doing a post-grad studies into taxation (in South Africa).

I said:
Sounds...complicated.

Do you want to tell us more about yourself?

That's probably one of the hardest questions to answer. I am most afraid of answering this as I am not sure what to say, and what not. But I will try. I am a bit emotional now due to a huge exam coming up on Friday, and I am studying now. However, I am a bit distracted at present.

Just say what you want us (that is a whole forum of complete strangers) to know. You don't need to share anything you're uncomfortable with. Most people say something of why they're here (which you've already done) and, sometimes their hobbies and interests. Perhaps you could try that and see if that sparks a conversation?

I said:
Just say what you want us (that is a whole forum of complete strangers) to know. You don't need to share anything you're uncomfortable with. Most people say something of why they're here (which you've already done) and, sometimes their hobbies and interests. Perhaps you could try that and see if that sparks a conversation?

OK!

I love reading, mountain biking, camping and financial planning (which is why I am studying tax). I absolutely love jazz music, and can spend hours listening, and being taken away on the trip that it takes me. I love women (and I am probably a regular guy when it somes to thoughts/dreams/hopes!!

Latest posts

Back