Heart over head

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucieMay

Reaction score
I class myself as an independent and capable and intelligent person in everything apart from one man. He was never emotionally or physically abusive. He never took my money or physically cheated on me. But he is very much the wrong man for me which my head has known pretty much since we met two years ago but my heart has just never comprehended. Why is it possible for me to grasp how wrong he is for me on an intellectual level but not on an emotional level? I won't go into the whole saga because I could write a book but I basically kept on going back and back to a man who hurt me over and over (often without meaning to). I've finally kicked him to the curb for what I hope will be the last time but I don't trust myself not to crawl back in the future because I am still hopelessly in love with him. I have tried so hard to turn off my feelings but it never works and I just get more and more angry with myself at how futile it all is. I'm miserable with him and miserable without him. Urgh. This isn't really an advice thread, just a rant.

Love isn't rational and doesn't answer to logical argument. You can't turn off your feelings like a switch (or at least not individually, they seem to go as a group but we won't go into that). If you can't be with him, and it seems that you've decided that you can't, then you'll have to give yourself permission to mourn him (at least that's how I see it). Grieve for him as if he had died because, in a way, he has. It may sound strange but it's all I can think of. I hope it helps.

Good luck.

{disclaimer - the things mentioned in the post are my opinion only and are not to be taken as expert or anything other than the insane ramblings of one human being to another - sorry}

Latest posts

Back