Writer's Block

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mink

I used to write some poetry before this, I had my way with words before and I loved writing (but of course I wasn't professional or anything).

But now, all that seem to have vanished and I can't seem to write like I used to. I can't write poetry as easily as I could. The words just don't flow well in my head anymore.

I heard that there's no way you can actually get rid of a writer's block besides waiting for it to go away, and I've been trying and trying, starting with a few lines only discarding the whole thing afterwards. I've got no inspiration either. Even when there is an event that inspires me or makes me feel deeply for, I still can't bring myself to write. :(

I wanna write poetry again. This has gone on for a year plus and it actually feels good to let stuff out through poetry sometimes.

Does anyone know how to deal with this? Or is there any of you who's also experiencing this or have actually gotten over it?

hi i find that people inspire you...I've been looking for a writing pal for really long. Someone to harass, make sure they write, and they make sure I write...and we would critique each others work. I also just write for fun..but can't really write when I get depressed...
but it's not poetry i write..if you want a writing pal..wel should talk

Yeah but people too don't inspire me anymore. I've tried sourcing out for inspirations, didn't work. Lol, you harrass people to write? I'd love a writing pal, but my problem is now I can't seem to be able to write anything (besides short sentences like these, lol). Even when I try to focus, it's like I'm starting back at Day 1 of English Writing Class, lol.
But what exactly do you write?

i write fantasy stuff..like books (except i'm not a good enough writer to call em books lol)
I dont harass anyone to write yet...it would be nice though...some people seem naturally gifted at stuff like writting (maybe you are one)..i am not one..but i like to write...it's fun
you want to write poems..okay write a poem and post it here..i'm looking out for it soo get cracking!

I have older poems, maybe I could find one to post here and get some reviews if it's worth my while to keep finding my inspirations, lol.

Ok here's one about this guy I was totally crazy about and I was (god I was stupid) kind of worshipping his ground, lol. So you know what it's like when you really like someone and to only be crushed later. So I was just trying to forget him.

- Forget You -

It's hard to let you go,
Thoughts of you constantly in my mind.
Though it doesn't seem to grow,
Reasons why they're hard to find.

One moment, to me you're everything,
Wanting you more and more.
And with just the next blink,
My heart just tore.

Are you the one?
I always wonder.
These feelings run,
Making me ponder.

Do I really want you?
I can't seem to tell.
I just want it through,
But I'm bound to your spell.

Though it hurts me now and then,
I can't seem to understand why.
On my shoulders all these land,
Standing on my own two feet, I try.

As I let it all pass me by,
Scarring my heart along,
Inside my heart I cry,
To my life that feels so wrong.
- mink Dec'05

Oh another one out of boredom!

- Boredom -

Having no inspiration,
I write this poem.
And with that inspiration,
I try to overcome my boredom.

The boredom it kills me,
But I count myself lucky.
Cos despite the boring pain,
I still remain sane.

So this is how I wrote this,
Crappy as it is,
That's all I can give,
As through this boredom I live.
- mink Feb '06

Lol, man those were crappy! But then again, I could at least write something. Now I just can't. :rolleyes:

i cant write nothing ever since suna disappeared =/
used to write novels for her in chinese, and got my essays published a lot in school magzine or those crappy 'good essay guide' thingy...
the other good friend of mine is only inspiring me to be more and more... innerly... violent each day since i cant be violent i m a girl xD
ty for offering to break someone's arms for me -_-
just stay safe for me *prays*

hi mink sorry i took forever to reply..i couldnt get online this weekend..lol they aren't bad lol..despite the boring pain,
I still remain sane.

nah you should keep writing once you have the time...write something about happiness ..i don't know..but those two were decent..

It's okay, jales :)
And thank you. I'll just keep trying, what can I do, right :rolleyes: lol..

suna said:
i cant write nothing ever since suna disappeared =/
used to write novels for her in chinese, and got my essays published a lot in school magzine or those crappy 'good essay guide' thingy...
the other good friend of mine is only inspiring me to be more and more... innerly... violent each day since i cant be violent i m a girl xD
ty for offering to break someone's arms for me -_-
just stay safe for me *prays*

Wow but you got your essays published how awesome is that to start with! :)

ty o.o~
but i cant write i cant draw i m dried i m mummified now o.o...
and your poem sounds cool now inspire me plix xD

lol keep writing, write a new poem, and keep me posted, let me know if you are writing..

Lol okay will keep you posted but not right now cos I'm still trying to keep my mind open for inspirations. :)

Suna girls can be violent... I know a few girls that have been pretty violent at times. One smashed her husband in the head with a telephone while he slept... another one threw a frying pan at her husband. When one of my sisters was much younger she smashed a beer bottle over a guys head for hitting his girlfriend (I was so proud... guys that hit girls deserve what they get). Another of my sisters took kick boxing classes a few years ago and I went too... there's lots of kicking and punching and being violent in a controlled way. Inner violence doesn't sound good though :/
Can you channel those violent emotions into some creative writing?

Jales... I read some of the work you posted... perhaps not LONG enough to be classed as a book, but I found your writing better than just 'good'... in fact I loved it because it made me think, and kept me reading till the end, and wanting more too... that is something not even the greatest authors can always achieve.

mink said:
Does anyone know how to deal with this? Or is there any of you who's also experiencing this or have actually gotten over it?

I love writing as well, though I'm much better (not saying I'm good) in prose... I like writing short stories, essays and travel stories. I write a blog, where I "publish" them (among the usual "diary-style" silly stuff).
I have had writer's block, sure. Usually, luckily, it didn't last very long.
What helped me: I would get angry about not having any inspiration and would renounce writing. "I shall never write again!" lol :) The thing is, I really meant it.
Then, a few days later, a story would begin to take shape in my mind, and after a further few days of stewing, I would just have to write it down.

btw, mink, I really hope you'll overcome the block (maybe you already have?).
I know how great it can be to express your feelings.

jamie said:
mink said:

I love writing as well, though I'm much better (not saying I'm good) in prose... I like writing short stories, essays and travel stories. I write a blog, where I "publish" them (among the usual "diary-style" silly stuff).
I have had writer's block, sure. Usually, luckily, it didn't last very long.
What helped me: I would get angry about not having any inspiration and would renounce writing. "I shall never write again!" lol :) The thing is, I really meant it.
Then, a few days later, a story would begin to take shape in my mind, and after a further few days of stewing, I would just have to write it down.

Wow that's cool that you publish your stuff on a blog. Lol at your getting angry for not having any inspiration to write. It's good that it comes back to you quickly lol. I've had this block for so long i can't remember when was the last i wrote something.

But i've been trying lol (still trying), got a few lines but it was crap :rolleyes:

jamie said:
btw, mink, I really hope you'll overcome the block (maybe you already have?).
I know how great it can be to express your feelings.
Matt said:
Hopefully she's overcome it by now. :]
Thanks jamie and Matt :)
It is definitely great to express feelings in the form of words and writing. I seem to be better at that than doing them verbally lol :D

Well from my previous post, you can tell i haven't really overcome the block lol :D
Oh well *shrugs*

Latest posts

Back