Ahoy!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catcher

Reaction score
Geeky, weird, introverted, chubby, slightly educated, love to laugh, female. That's the cliff notes about me.

The longer version:

I have some really awesome friends but they get busy with their own lives which leaves me with a great deal of time to sit around by myself and get lonely and depressed. These friends are also long distance from me which means communication is limited also and I don't have anyone to hang out with offline.

I don't get out as often as I should. It's bordering hermit. All I need is a isolated cabin in the woods!

I'm unemployed at the moment. Lately, my mother's health has been heading down hill and I've stepped in as sort of a housekeeper/health aid. I don't even think I will have time to find a or keep a job with all the responsibilities I have now. This has made me feel even more isolated than ever. I barely sleep anymore.

Well, that's my drama all summed up nice and neat. I hope to find some kind people to talk to here. Not necessarily about my drama, but even just to have random conversations about nothing with. Who wants to talk about nothing? :)

Welcome! :) (I like how you gave cliff notes, that's what I did on my profile, lol)

I understand how you feel with the friends thing. That's the same situation that I'm in. My friends and I have different lives now, so it's hard to hang out with them. I'm sure you will find some friends here, though!

ThatOneGirl said:
Welcome! :) (I like how you gave cliff notes, that's what I did on my profile, lol)

I understand how you feel with the friends thing. That's the same situation that I'm in. My friends and I have different lives now, so it's hard to hang out with them. I'm sure you will find some friends here, though!

Thanks! I see we have at least one thing in common; being weirdos! :D

Catcher,

I'm new too. I have similar issues. I actually just deactivated my FB account just so I'd "force" myself to try to do more in real life. Most of my friends are long distance. The few women friends I have where I live don't want to hang out or talk on the phone. (Why is everything done thru text or email nowadays???)

Be sure to take time for yourself while taking care of your mother. I've been there and the caregiver needs down time or else they get a bit nuts.

I love to talk about "nothing".

Hi there. If you want to talk about nothing the chatroom is an excellent source of conversations lacking substance. Welcome :shy:

Hello all! Thanks for the welcomes :)

I realize I need to take some time for myself else end up like the Bate's... :p

My issue is that I hate going places alone. Life's not very enjoyable alone. I'd rather stay home and watch a movie than pay money to go see one by myself. The experience is pretty much the same except I don't end up broke. It may be a pessimistic way to look at things, but it's how I've always felt.

Latest posts

Back