Yo

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijodeganas

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm living in Japan, living it up and enjoying life. Not from here originally, but I find living outside my "natural" environment and challenging myself makes me feel alive.

I'm no longer a lonely guy, but I used to be, and it was a very impactful period of my life. As was overcoming it. I've made a frustrating, thrilling and ultimately fulfilling journey of not only ridding myself of loneliness but also developing my social skills. I'm always learning, always improving, and probably will continue to do so until the day I die. The joy is in the journey, the process, not the results. I hope to communicate with as many people as possible here and maybe even influence some people positively.

I very distinctly remember the many sometimes painful years I spent lonely, sure I was stuck like that forever, that I was "just" shy and there was nothing I could do about it. I hope you trust my sincerity in saying I understand it. I'm not going to go into detail about the very fulfilling social life I lead now, but I'll just say it's a vast improvement and all the effort I made was worth it.

Keep your heads up. Remember this, if nothing else: This is the ONLY chance the world will have to experience YOU. You are a special offer to the world, don't keep yourself hidden from them.

Take care. ;)

hijodeganas said:
Hello everyone. I'm living in Japan, living it up and enjoying life. Not from here originally, but I find living outside my "natural" environment and challenging myself makes me feel alive.

I'm no longer a lonely guy, but I used to be, and it was a very impactful period of my life. As was overcoming it. I've made a frustrating, thrilling and ultimately fulfilling journey of not only ridding myself of loneliness but also developing my social skills. I'm always learning, always improving, and probably will continue to do so until the day I die. The joy is in the journey, the process, not the results. I hope to communicate with as many people as possible here and maybe even influence some people positively.

I very distinctly remember the many sometimes painful years I spent lonely, sure I was stuck like that forever, that I was "just" shy and there was nothing I could do about it. I hope you trust my sincerity in saying I understand it. I'm not going to go into detail about the very fulfilling social life I lead now, but I'll just say it's a vast improvement and all the effort I made was worth it.

Keep your heads up. Remember this, if nothing else: This is the ONLY chance the world will have to experience YOU. You are a special offer to the world, don't keep yourself hidden from them.

Take care. ;)

I totally agree. I actually enjoy my lonley times but have friends all over the world whom I enjoy thinking about and when I have time speaking with. Lonliness is a treasure in its own and you know it all comes down to one thing and thats total jealousy of those who cant even pick up a knife and fork without having problems. I have friends from all over europe and asia both sub continents and have had the most amazing times and what i have learnt will remain mine forever. I think your words make a lot of sense in the fact that at times we have been lonley but what came after was friendship. I lived in china and if it wasnt for the chinese friends i have i wouldnt have gotten this far in my life.

Take care YO it's a pleasure to meet someone like you. i hope we to can become friends perhaps on facebook when we have time to pass over emails.

Take care buddy

Jonah

Latest posts

Back