Dragon Age!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanillalatte

Reaction score
Is anyone else a fan? The sequel is fun, but I still liked the original better. I miss Alistair!

I'm a huge fan! I agree that Origins is still better. Can't believe what bioware did to Alistair's face in DA2!:(
Anyway, since you miss Alistair here's a pic just for you.:)
alistair.jpg

I haven't played the sequel yet but I heard they messed up the elves pretty bad.

I haven't played the sequel yet either. I enjoyed Origins, it was fun. I tried to complete as many as the achievements as possible, the only thing I had a problem with with wooing the chantry chick (can't remember her name). I kept screwing something up so it wouldn't happen. I did have her become extremely jealous, her eyes were all funky at one point. It kind of scared me a little. After that the old lady bugged me to stop leading the young girl on. I have the guide too and she the toughest one to woo, and you have to use a specific series of dialogue when talking to her. After the fourth time of screwing it up I gave up. I had a hard time going down the path of evil, like when you find the ashes and have to make a decision on what to do, if you pick the "evil" path (I think its pouring blood into the ashes to taint or destroy them, something like that) man do a bunch of your crew ever get pissed off at you. I often stuck to the side of good.

That's what I really like about the game though, how making one small decision can greatly affect the game and your friendships. Doing the wrong things really gets under Alistair's skin, he's such a boy scout. I liked the side quests, like Morrigan's with her mother, I was always obsessed with doing those.

Sci-Fi said:
I haven't played the sequel yet either. I enjoyed Origins, it was fun. I tried to complete as many as the achievements as possible, the only thing I had a problem with with wooing the chantry chick (can't remember her name). I kept screwing something up so it wouldn't happen. I did have her become extremely jealous, her eyes were all funky at one point. It kind of scared me a little. After that the old lady bugged me to stop leading the young girl on. I have the guide too and she the toughest one to woo, and you have to use a specific series of dialogue when talking to her. After the fourth time of screwing it up I gave up. I had a hard time going down the path of evil, like when you find the ashes and have to make a decision on what to do, if you pick the "evil" path (I think its pouring blood into the ashes to taint or destroy them, something like that) man do a bunch of your crew ever get pissed off at you. I often stuck to the side of good.

Hey Sci-Fi,

Have you tried giving Leliana(said chantry chick) some gifts? I guess the guide you have might help. She's pretty easy to woo if you are playing a good character. Morrigan was the hardest to woo in my opinion. I don't take her along with my party if I'm planning to do something good.:p

I played the first game, it was all right. Not as good as some Bioware titles, but a decent enough RPG in it's own right. One thing that made me shake my head a bit was the way how everyone kept carrying on a jolly conversation, pretty much bathed in blood. Good thing it could be turned off.

I thought the gathering of the army in the first was a bit pointless- never really ended up needing them on normal difficulty. Maybe on hard, it's a whole different story. Played the dwarven protagonist story, favourite NPCs probably the dwarven companion in the intro story, Leliana, the dog and the golem.

Haven't played the sequel either, not really interested at the moment, played through Origins twice and I still play it every once in a while, one thing I liked about Origins was that they provided a toolset, so there are many mods out there to mess around with (there's one where you could replace the Qunari models with the one from DA2, it's pretty cool), changing the morph for your character and npcs is just so much fun and I do that whenever I'm bored, it turned into such a weird hobby of mine.

lone_drow said:
Hey Sci-Fi,

Have you tried giving Leliana(said chantry chick) some gifts? I guess the guide you have might help. She's pretty easy to woo if you are playing a good character. Morrigan was the hardest to woo in my opinion. I don't take her along with my party if I'm planning to do something good.:p

Yeah, I heaped gifts upon her. I've never had a problem with Morrigan, she was easy but I took her along quite often in m party. I liked the character. I think my main problem with Leliana was that I got too "friendly" with the other characters.

I liked the adult humour in the game, like when you quiz Alistair about his "experience" and then later you can try to talk him into "laying" with Morrigan. Hilarious. Alistair's reactions and comments were some of the funniest in the game. I often took him along just to hear him and Morrigan banter back and forth.

I played this game a lot, did all the different origin stories. The game got pretty repetitive though, aside from the different reactions you'd get from people depending on what your origin was.

I played a female character and leliana was pretty easy both games, maybe she just doesn't like dudes! =P

That could be it, I never tried her as a chick, I only did that with Morrigan, lol. I found the elf dude the "easiest" in the game, whether you're a dude or a chick (way easy if you are a dude).

I rarely used the dog, once I had a third person he got left behind at camp. Some of the camp scenes with the dog, Alistair and Morrigan and pretty funny.

Yea Morrigan is heterosexual :( Leliana is bi though but her past was about her with a woman.

Yea the dog is kind of a waste a slot, there's a mod that allows you to use him as a pet, but I never really tried it.

Sten is pretty cool too, I started using him and once you know his personality, his dialogues are quite interesting, I do like a lot of the characters, for some strange reason I enjoyed Leliana the most but people seems to dislike her, I just like listening to all her story telling =D

I like that too, she has some interesting stories to tell. I find though with her in your party she doesn't have as interesting conversations as Alistair and Morrigan do. Those two were my main ones throughout the game, then Leliana and the dwarf. He was pretty entertaining to take along too, horny little bugger he was. Hearing him and Leliana was pretty funny. Her and Wynne didn't seem to appreciate his comments. I didn't use Sten too much.

Latest posts

Back