:(

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I said:
I feel like I'm missing something. Who didn't write back to your text?

I thought I was the only one that didn't know who didn't write back.

This is why I dislike texting or emailing - phone calls - if you talk to the person, then you know they heard you. Whether they understand what you say is totally different, but at least you know you reached them.

I've had so many people say "I emailed you" or "I left a message on your voice mail" only for me to respond with "I didn't get your email" or "I don't have voice mail, so you didn't leave a message for me". Without confirmation you just don't know if the message was received.

This new way of "dating" via electronics is so foreign to me. But when I was growing up, we didn't even have answering machines. :p

I know what you mean. Having said that I've had frequent conversations with both my hubby and my child only to find they weren't listening to a word I said. My daughter's even said to me that 'she has ears but doesn't always choose to use them...' I didn't really have much I could say to that.

Latest posts

Back