I'm alone but don't feel lonely per se

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy_Aspie

Reaction score
Hello
I am very much a loner and I prefer to be alone most of the time. I'm not sure if being alone is actually being lonely. I've found the topics here to be things I think of from time to time so I guess this is the right place for me to be. Looking forward to the forums.

Hello and welcome! :)

Loneliness and solitude are two different things. This article sums it up pretty well in my opinion http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200308/what-is-solitude

I too am a loner, and I immensely enjoy spending time with myself. However, I do get lonely occasionally. The first is an existential sense of loneliness, but it is part of being human and everyone feels it to some degree. This isn't a negative. The second is related to being single where I occasionally feel like life would be more complete with a like-minded, trustworthy companion. :)

There are many interesting articles about this on the internet, feel free to PM me if you're interested, I'll send you the links.

Latest posts

Back