Sad but funny news items

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jilted John

Reaction score
Don't know why I just thought about this ironic news story I read about, a couple of years ago,but hear goes.

A guy from the UK,after being on the dole for a while,decided to try his luck in France to find work. (10/10 I say) He spent all his next giro cheque on a one way ferry ticket to Calais,but after about a week had no luck,had run out off money,and decided to try and somehow get back home.
He told various ferry companies his sorry tale,but not one them would let him travel without a ticket.(0/0 I say) So after sitting on Calais docks for a day or two, and tired and hungry,he grabbed a pallet & a plank and decided to paddle back to England,after all you can see the white cliffs of Dover from there.(I can see where he's coming from)
So he starts out paddling,after a couple of hours,exhausted,he falls asleep.
During the night,Having drifted into the middle of the main shipping lanes,his pallet is hit by a supertanker! But he gets away with a head injury which knocks him out,and he drifts on.
When he comes around he's in hospital.("hurrah" I hear you all cry,but wait for it.) It's a French hospital! Two miles off the English coast, a French yacht found him and took him back to Calais!
My heart goes out to this fella,that's what you get for trying.

Anybody got any more?(must be true though.)

Latest posts

Back