A Call To All Those Divorced and Still Single

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RavenQuill

Reaction score
This thread is a shout out to all those who have been divorced for several years and who are still single. Would you like to see a group formed where we can chat together about issues that concern us? Would you like to see a forum for sharing stories of children and grandchildren, discussing work or retirement, dating, the fear of dating, the empty nest syndrome?

If you're interested in seeing such a group started, please post your comments here.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Raven

Are you trying to tell me out of over 7'000 people,that there are just two? or just two that want to talk about it?

cumulus.james said:
What about me? I've never had a partner lol
Right on. I don't mean to diminish anyone's loneliness, people are lonely for any number of reasons, regardless of their life situations, but what I wouldn't give to know that at least someone had loved me for a little while.

Gauche said:
Right on. I don't mean to diminish anyone's loneliness, people are lonely for any number of reasons, regardless of their life situations, but what I wouldn't give to know that at least someone had loved me for a little while.

You know, being married doesn't mean you're loved any more than a blue sky means no rain.

nerdygirl said:
Gauche said:

You know, being married doesn't mean you're loved any more than a blue sky means no rain.
OK, I'll give you that. I've had one short-lived relationship in my life, I didn't love her, she didn't love me, but it still was the high point in my life. It's difficult to go through life and see the majority of people flit from one relationship to the next like it's nothing, and wonder what could possibly be so undesirable about yourself. Anyway, hijacking thread, sorry...

RavenQuill said:
This thread is a shout out to all those who have been divorced for several years and who are still single. Would you like to see a group formed where we can chat together about issues that concern us? Would you like to see a forum for sharing stories of children and grandchildren, discussing work or retirement, dating, the fear of dating, the empty nest syndrome?

If you're interested in seeing such a group started, please post your comments here.

Raven
I will listen to whoever wants to vent................I am newly divorced

Thanks PetLuv. Sometimes that's all we need, someone who understands who will listen. So how are you dealing with your own divorce?

Jilted John said:
Who ever wrote"Tis better to have loved and lost,than to have never loved at all" was a total pillock!

a total ... pillock...

What a great word.

:D

I'm not divorced, but I'm here to show my support (and to laugh at John's choice of words).

PS: I do agree with you John ;)

RavenQuill said:
Thanks PetLuv. Sometimes that's all we need, someone who understands who will listen. So how are you dealing with your own divorce?

It is hard..............Haven't been on my own for 31 years. The money is tighter too. I just have to hope everything will work out. How about you?

Well my dear, I've been divorced for almost 29 years now. In that time I went back to school and got my CYW certificate, got my bus licence, published books, landed a great job with a local school board, and recently took back my maiden name. Money was very tight at first. But you'll see, everything will work out.

Another new divorcee here. Ex met someone at work and decided the grass was greener on the other side.

LonelyInAtl said:
Another new divorcee here. Ex met someone at work and decided the grass was greener on the other side.
May something slithering in that grass bite them in the ass with its long venom dripping fangs:D

RavenQuill said:

Raven

Count me in I would love to be part of this group.

Raven Quill started this thread in May 2011,but she doesn't come around much these days,but it would seem people are still interested.
So anyone want to take it over?

Latest posts

Back