girl interaction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgeofchaos

Reaction score
Im 17 and I have never had a girlfriend, been friends with a girl, or even held a quality conversation with a girl. Im not gay. I just cant focus when talking to a girl, and I get too caught up on how I look or what im saying. I dont have this problem talking to guys and I make friends easily. But I just feel really uncomforable around girls and it is starting to really bother me. What is wrong with me?

Sounds like nerves to me. What about talking online or on the phone? Is it only in person that you have this problem?

When I talk to them online I get nervous and I worry about if what im saying is stupid to them.

Even though you can't see them? What if you don't know if they're a girl? Are you ok then??

Yep, definitely sounds like nerves. Only one cure for that, that I'm aware of. Practice. Keep talking to girls. Start off slow by talking with girls you have little or no interest in. Get used to the idea that, most of the time, they're worried about how THEY look and how THEY sound. After a while, you'll feel more comfortable. But it will take time and it'll be nerve-wracking in the meantime. Does that make sense?

Yea,, I guess I just have to accept that I might "mess up" sometimes but hopefully I can become more comfortable. Thank you!

Honestly what got me over the nervousness is to look at any girl as a friend first. Don't think "Oh shes pretty I wanna get with her." Think oh heres another friend I could make and act with her how you act with guys.

edgeofchaos said:
When I talk to them online I get nervous and I worry about if what im saying is stupid to them.

Well there is a near limitless supply of girls your age for you to talk to online. Go forth and practice! Just be friendly, genuine, and open.

TurinTurambar said:
Honestly what got me over the nervousness is to look at any girl as a friend first. Don't think "Oh shes pretty I wanna get with her." Think oh heres another friend I could make and act with her how you act with guys.

I think this is a great piece of advice. So many guys get in to the mind set that they're going to have a hard time getting a girl they like to like them back that they start to look at girls as relationship prospects far too early before they even know them! Like they have to make some kind of impression up front. You're totally right: that's why they're so nervous about even speaking to girls. There's plenty of time to be nervous once you've got to know her, fell for her, and are worried that she wont reciprocate. ;) :rolleyes:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you man. You're only 17, you're absolutely fine.
Don't worry about it one bit, trust me.

Latest posts

Back