hey folks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gernblanston

Reaction score
I'm a female in my twenties and I live in the Pacific Northwest. I'm new here. I've come to realize that a lot of my friends are just from work, and I don't really have others that live in the town that I do. I work a lot, and thought this could be a cool place to meet people.

I am sort of a comedy nerd. I like stand-up, but I really enjoy sketch and improv comedy. I wish I lived in a bigger city so that I could be around more comedy troupes, and maybe get into writing.

Being a young person of the PNW, I DO occasionally wear socks with sandals, drink way to much coffee and love every drop of it, and choose to listen to indie music when given a choice.

(It feels so self-indulgent to be writing all this!)

I recently took a week-long vacation in NYC and had the time of my life. I met my idol, and saw some things I've been dreaming about. After all that, it was so hard to come back. I still feel a little lost. I'd love to move there, but I'm not sure I could hack it. I've been feeling like moving, changing professions, and getting a tattoo. I blame these crazy thoughts on the recession.

Thanks for reading. :)

I sometimes think that I would fit in in the PNW as I listen indie and alternative rock, I enjoy coffee and espresso drinks, and I like when the weather isn't just sunny with boring blue skies all the time (like it is where I live). Life isn't too exciting when you work most of the time and then don't have friends to hang out with during your free hours, is it?

undone (._.) said:
I sometimes think that I would fit in in the PNW as I listen indie and alternative rock, I enjoy coffee and espresso drinks, and I like when the weather isn't just sunny with boring blue skies all the time (like it is where I live). Life isn't too exciting when you work most of the time and then don't have friends to hang out with during your free hours, is it?

Yes, you sure do sound like you'd fit right in!
It is tough to not hang out with people in those precious free hours. I've looked into meetup.com to see if there are any interesting groups in my town, but to no avail. meetup.com worked well for my friend, but she lived in Atlanta, and there were so many awesome groups to choose from! Have you looked at that website? If you live in a bigger city in AZ, you might find some great groups with meeting times that fit your schedule? Just a thought.

Care to divulge your favorite indie bands? I love looking up bands I haven't heard. :)

I do live in a large city, but I haven't tried meetup.com; I've heard of it though. Maybe I'll check it out some time.

My favorite indie bands...well some of them would be The Shins, Ludo, Last Tuesday and Edison Glass.

hey gernblaston welcome to the forum

:)

i lover comedy and such i did improv in high school :)

who is your idol that you got to meet? that's so great I'd love to meet my idol so awesome

that's too bad there weren't any good meetups in your area, maybe if you can you could maybe try starting your own meetup, like a pnw comedy/improv meetup :)

ah man the shins are sweet, new slang is one of my favorite songs

very cool. I haven't heard of Ludo and Edison Glass. Will be looking them up shortly. :) Thanks!

undone (._.) said:
I do live in a large city, but I haven't tried meetup.com; I've heard of it though. Maybe I'll check it out some time.

My favorite indie bands...well some of them would be The Shins, Ludo, Last Tuesday and Edison Glass.

I got to meet Tina Fey. And I also got to see some other people I really admire in comedy when I went to Saturday Night Live. It was so surreal!

Starting a meetup... that's a thought... thanks.

evanescencefan91 said:
hey gernblaston welcome to the forum

i lover comedy and such i did improv in high school :)

who is your idol that you got to meet? that's so great I'd love to meet my idol so awesome

that's too bad there weren't any good meetups in your area, maybe if you can you could maybe try starting your own meetup, like a pnw comedy/improv meetup :)

ah man the shins are sweet, new slang is one of my favorite songs

Latest posts

Back