Will I ever be able to break this curse?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fvantom

Reaction score
Im not in school at the moment and wont be until the fall, I have no effective ways of meeting people so Ive been reduced to facebook, where Ive been trying to talk to people that I sort of know, the problem is every time, every SINGLE time, I ask someone if they want to hang out more, I always get the same exact response..."yea man we gotta chill more, Ill hit you up" and thats the end of it.

Im starting to think it was meant to be this way, that Im just "that guy" that no one wants anything to do with, will it ever get better? Is there any way for someone with pretty much no friends to meet people? What am I supposed to do?

If it's any solace I am "that guy" too. Granted I have a messed up past, but even before it I was treated like a leper.

For longer than I can remember I've used the phrase "break the spell" like a witch laid a hex on me or something.

Sometimes just as a fleeting thought I wonder if I really am being punished for a past life or something.

Or, it could just be that we humans SUCK!

Same honeysuckle with me. I often feel like im left behind and others are moving on. And i have tried so many time to arrange an outing with my friends but they seem to have other work to do. I have enough friends at university but no ones wants to do things together with me. They just talk and crack a joke when meet on our way. But when i look around there are lot of people as groups dong all the fun things i want to be apart of a team but im all alone at home looking for something cool to do. This overwhelming frustration kills me and wasting the most of my life.

Another one here thats going to say they are in the same situation as you all!
I dont have facebook, so i guess im at a disadvantage but im getting the same crap as you. Ive finished college now so most of my interactions with people my age are over. Even in college it wasnt good- I was just the spare part that was there to ask for help with work or to meet if the rest of their friends wernt around at the time.

Im hoping that uni in september will be a new start-thats all i have to put my hopes on and meet some new people.

Fvantom said:
Im not in school at the moment and wont be until the fall, I have no effective ways of meeting people so Ive been reduced to facebook, where Ive been trying to talk to people that I sort of know, the problem is every time, every SINGLE time, I ask someone if they want to hang out more, I always get the same exact response..."yea man we gotta chill more, Ill hit you up" and thats the end of it.

Im starting to think it was meant to be this way, that Im just "that guy" that no one wants anything to do with, will it ever get better? Is there any way for someone with pretty much no friends to meet people? What am I supposed to do?

Don't feel bad, you are not the only person under that curse!

AFrozenSoul said:
Why not look up a club? What about a gym membership? Why not hang out at the park? To meet people you have to be around people.

Thats exactly what I want to do, problem is I dont have anyone to go with, I dont want to be that one weird dude trolling the gym or park by himself, if anything that would seem to be counterproductive, once I have a few friends, I can meet people through them, but when I have nobody, its like beinh trapped under ice

Went to the park the other night because its softball season around here. Families and kids everywhere. If you talk to the wives, the players get pissed, talk to the kids and... its just a bad idea. Randomly going out to where people are is not helpful, you have to know that people will be willing to talk back during whatever is going on. It's odd, people seem to be pulling further and further away from the idea of talking to complete strangers. I used to do it at the mall to freak people out, ya know, just jump into the middle of a conversation with someone who wasn't even talking. But when I became 20 I realized that I was too old for the mall and shennanigans

I think that you should put aside the people that you "sort of know" and try to meet new people. Get out of the house and find new places to. Gyms, parks, bars, conventions, find a place where you can do the things that make you happy and eventually you'll find people with the same interests as yours that can later become your friends. I know that going to the gym or to the park alone may seem a little awkward, but you'll have to do it if you want to break that curse.Here' a tip that works for most guys: get a pet. A dog,cat,hamster,etc. Pets are always good distractions and valuable companions in our darkest hours and a really good way of catching girls' attention.They just love a cute little puppy or kitten,and therefore will associate good taste to the owner, which will score you some valuable points if you ever try to hook up with any of them.
Above all, what you should not do is stay lying at home wondering when your misfortune will end.
Get out there,and live!

Fvantom said:

You don't have a curse. There is no magical force keeping you away from friendship. You are keeping yourself away from friendships. Instead of just asking, next time make it happen and go. Don't ask--show up at their house or hang out.

Or do what I do. Read GOOD books. One dead intellectuals is better for your mind than 10 average boob buddys.

This reply is meant for everyone who posted here...it seems to me that there is something going on inside of all of you that prevents you from just being yourself and allowing friendships to naturally progress. I have a few ideas I am happy to share, as I used to have a similar situation when I was younger. Feel free to private message me if interested in talking further- thanks.

Latest posts

Back