Successful weight loss

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonelyfairy

Hi!

I wanted to share my weight loss story here... :>

When I was depressed 1-2 years ago, I started to gain weight because I ate for my sad feelings... I ate lot of sugary foods, I had sugar addiction. :/

I didn't feel good in my body, so I decided lose some weight. When my weight start dropped, I feel so good! My depression went slowly away.

Now I've dropped a weight of 15 kilograms. :')

I only have 5 pounds/kilograms to normal weight. Yay!

Hey, congrats!

I find it a great feeling when someone notices that I've lost weight. I have a lot more to go than you do, but I'm glad that you're happier and wish you well on dropping the last 5 pounds! :)

Thank you both. ^_^

It is big number of fat, LOL. xD
Yeah, my self-esteem is higher, but not enough high, yet... : /

Congratulations, I know how good it feels to lose weight. So keep up the good work. Hopefully, I will be where I need to be soon. >:3 Let's both work hard and get our self-esteem out of the park.

AFrozenSoul said:
Congratulations, I know how good it feels to lose weight. So keep up the good work. Hopefully, I will be where I need to be soon. >:3 Let's both work hard and get our self-esteem out of the park.

Thank you. :) Yup, I will continue.

How do you curb your sugar-cravings? I'm terrible about eating sweets and sugar and everything x

One good way is to not have any stand alone candy or stuff like that. Replace like of that with fruit. In the end it is all will power.

>_< I have some experience with this.

I eat fruits and berries if I need something sweet and I eat food every 3-4 hours that there will be a terrible hunger.

And like AFrozenSoul said, willpower has a great impact. :>

Awesome work!
I binged during my teenage years to cope with depression, and one day, I got tired of it and lost the extra weight.
Many people who lose weight though end up gaining it back within the year.
Make sure you work hard to keep it off and remember, it's a lifestyle change.
I've kept it off for about 4+ years now.
It takes a lot of work to build up your self-esteem, so just keep on working towards improvement and you'll get there. :)

Thanks for the advice, and well done Luna. :)

I normally have good restraint, but its exam-time at the moment and I'm super stressed. Plus I don't have much time to exercise. I've done boxing, aerobics and some weights and ab exercises this week though :).

A few sweets during exam stress is better than drinking, smoking, drugs or cutting, so I'm trying to stay positive. Will get back on track during the summer :)

Like we said fruit are a good way to handle those sugar cravings. I know how stressful exams can be, but remember for every day you get lazy. You have to work two days to make up for it.

Thanks, Luna. :)

Yeah, it is lifestyle change, but I allow myself one sugary day per week or my sugar desire gets higher.

I don't think my self-esteem get up for years, yet... :/ It's pretty bad zero.

@AFrozenSoul, dude, you're not my mother, you don't have to lecture me about "every day you get lazy". I'm well within my healthy weight range and I am generally a slim and active girl. I also happen to have an eating disorder and my question was to lonelyfairy, not to you.

I appreciate you're trying to help, but don't be so stern.

I"d far sooner be happy and have a few extra pounds (as my doctor strongly advised) than be miserable and overly controlled. Bad vibes don't help anyone at all.

@lonelyfairy. Sorry for any bad sentiments on your lovely thread. I am still very proud of you for what you achieved.

PurpleDays said:
@lonelyfairy. Sorry for any bad sentiments on your lovely thread. I am still very proud of you for what you achieved.

It does not matter. :) Thank you!

Avoid sweeties very difficult in this world, because everywhere is full of goodies. :S

sentiententity said:
Keeping it off it really hard, especially living alone and depressed. I'm glad for you.

Yeah, you're very right. Before I ate every bad feeling. But yes, it goes on easier every day. Still it's very difficult for me, but I have to be more patient.

And thank you. :>

I do eat a lot of problems too. I'm not really fat but I have gained a couple extra pounds that I would like too lose. A lot of times I'll start on eating better/exercising more but it will only last about a week. It is difficult, but this is very inspiring, and I am definitely going to try harder! :D

Latest posts

Back