Slave morality

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Crew99

I've been doing a lot of research about how corrupt this world is. Everyone and everything is fake. We're all slaves to society. Everything we're about is molded by everything around us. We're all greedy, envious, fake and cunniving. It's the survival of the fittest model. All that stuff you see on tv (romance fairy tales cinderally story diversity etc) is all an illusion. I was told that once i got into college LABELS wouldn't matter..that people would be more down to earth and open minded adults. But again it's all a lie. Everyone still acts like they're in middle school. they wear the trendiest clothes, drive the most expensive cars, show off all their goods like it's a measure of who they are. People are nothing more than an image of what they have. We see the world at face value and never could look past our own selfishness and what we want in other people. This whole talk about friends isn't even real. How can we as picky judgemental snobs ever make real friends when we're aritificial souls ourselves? So i've come to this theory that what we see and think we know about even the friends we make is lacking in substance. We don't get to ever see people for who they are cause we have all thse other material distractions (these filters telling us what to think and feel) that we use to define people. People are just actors pretending faking and posing cause they're so afraid to be who they are. Why do you think the popular girls keep up with their image? If they let loose and actually show that they're human, they'd be DEHUMANIZED by wolves in their pack. Isn't that crazy? Peolple are truly nuts. Im amazed that some people still have intimate encouters with others. they still stay up at night talking to their lovers about whatever and bond in that moment where nothing else matters and you can see through all the layers people put up. I just wish i was oblivious to what i now know cause they say what you know can't hurt you. But I KNOW TOO much..too much pain.

how can u xpect 2 make friends. if ur putting all ppl in2 this really ugly category

NewBirth said:
how can u xpect 2 make friends. if ur putting all ppl in2 this really ugly category

I was generalizing from the many observations i've made in my life. But if you think about it, the reason why we don't have friends is beacuse people are corrupt. If people weren't evil, we'd all get along and NOTHING would matter. We all wouldn't be sitting here right now being lonely to death. But i'm not saying you're one of those people, you know what it's like to have no friends and have been there..It still doesn't mean what i said isn't true..i know it all so well i see it everyday.

yiesh. generalizations can b pretty dangerous. especially in a place ur trying 2 make friends in
all ppl rnt evil
& we all rnt sitting here lonely 2 death
thats the point of this site. 2 make friends :)

Crew99 said:
I've been doing a lot of research about how corrupt this world is. Everyone and everything is fake. We're all slaves to society. Everything we're about is molded by everything around us. We're all greedy, envious, fake and cunniving. It's the survival of the fittest model. All that stuff you see on tv (romance fairy tales cinderally story diversity etc) is all an illusion. I was told that once i got into college LABELS wouldn't matter..that people would be more down to earth and open minded adults. But again it's all a lie. Everyone still acts like they're in middle school. they wear the trendiest clothes, drive the most expensive cars, show off all their goods like it's a measure of who they are. People are nothing more than an image of what they have. We see the world at face value and never could look past our own selfishness and what we want in other people. This whole talk about friends isn't even real. How can we as picky judgemental snobs ever make real friends when we're aritificial souls ourselves? So i've come to this theory that what we see and think we know about even the friends we make is lacking in substance. We don't get to ever see people for who they are cause we have all thse other material distractions (these filters telling us what to think and feel) that we use to define people. People are just actors pretending faking and posing cause they're so afraid to be who they are. Why do you think the popular girls keep up with their image? If they let loose and actually show that they're human, they'd be DEHUMANIZED by wolves in their pack. Isn't that crazy? Peolple are truly nuts. Im amazed that some people still have intimate encouters with others. they still stay up at night talking to their lovers about whatever and bond in that moment where nothing else matters and you can see through all the layers people put up. I just wish i was oblivious to what i now know cause they say what you know can't hurt you. But I KNOW TOO much..too much pain.

if only we could go back to the days of blissfully ignorant youth...

Well on my journey so far on this earth, I have come across all different types of people, some good, some not so good, some caring people, and some who couldn't care less and only think of themselves. So I think that everyone is different, sure some people follow trends and can be material, but everyone has there own individual identity and personality.

Crew99 said:

I know what you mean, luckily, not all people are like that, like you for example ;)

lol...your college is different.. it's true, in high school things seem more 'labeled' but at university ..it's much more diversed than that ..at least at my university..

also yea..in a sense I can understand what you are saying..but it's not that people are all fake..it's just how people deal with their issuses

eg. One of my good friends will never even look in a guys direction if he doesnt drive a good car..she's not fake, it's just she had a life that taught her that money is of great importance

also i know another girl who ..has a bf she's afraid to call too much (lol)..you might think she's fake but she's just afraid...if you get to know people you'll find that we arent fake..we are what we are..we may seem fake because we are so scared sometimes..

anyway maybe where you live is different though..not everywhere is like that though

jales said:
lol...your college is different.. it's true, in high school things seem more 'labeled' but at university ..it's much more diversed than that ..at least at my university..

also yea..in a sense I can understand what you are saying..but it's not that people are all fake..it's just how people deal with their issuses

eg. One of my good friends will never even look in a guys direction if he doesnt drive a good car..she's not fake, it's just she had a life that taught her that money is of great importance

also i know another girl who ..has a bf she's afraid to call too much (lol)..you might think she's fake but she's just afraid...if you get to know people you'll find that we arent fake..we are what we are..we may seem fake because we are so scared sometimes..

anyway maybe where you live is different though..not everywhere is like that though

I see what you mean too ;) Hmmm... Maybe it's like this; I feel like I'm not being the real me (in a way fake) if I'm to scared, so in a way this fear makes us not act our real selves? It's just that maybe we are more aware of it within ourselves whereas to most people it's normal, they think they are being real, when actually fear is keeping them away from acting completely themselves, like when we really relax.

AngryLoner said:
if only we could go back to the days of blissfully ignorant youth...

Heh, that'd be the time where I had a true best friend. I guess that's how it works...Making friends at 18 is a whole lot different then making friends at age 10...Probably even more different as we get older...

It's so much easier to make friends when you're 10 because it's socially acceptable to approach some random person and say, "Hey, do you wanna be my friend? at that age. When you're 18 and you ask that question, people think you're a desperate loser/weirdo.

It's all about subtlety...and lies when you're older.

RogueTomato said:
It's so much easier to make friends when you're 10 because it's socially acceptable to approach some random person and say, "Hey, do you wanna be my friend? at that age. When you're 18 and you ask that question, people think you're a desperate loser/weirdo.

It's all about subtlety...and lies when you're older.
i cant stand either
subtlety? hell... cant do it
lies??? wth?
i just cum out & say what i want. sure sometimes its better 2 wait a while. but once that time passes whats the point of sitting around being subtle?? makes no sense 2 me
the lies is not gonna work any which around. no point. ppl find out anyway. & all it does is make u look like an idiot LoL
i guess all this makes me ask uh....... y do some ppl let the world change them?
i mean sure theres some ppl here & there who dont react good 2 my 4ward ways. but overall ill tell u that most peeps have no prob w/it
& it saves a helluva lotta time!!!

What does everyone here consider a friend? I think my idea of a friend is asking too much of a person. I had many close friends in childhood that I might be using as the standard when judging the relationship I have with people today. To me, a friend is someone you've known for a long time and you actually have met and spend quality time together bonding. Like a friend to me would be someone i click with who calls me when she wants to go out and party or shop or just whatever. Someone who sleeps over that i can talk to all night for hours in person or on the phone and someone who gets me and likes me. Someone I've known for a while and went on a trip with some where and took pictures of as a keepsake of the fun we had. Every one I know are just acquitances who seem like they already have all that and don't need other friends anymore. I'm 23, is this asking to much or doesn't seem childish to expect this from a friend?

Crew99 said:
What does everyone here consider a friend? I think my idea of a friend is asking too much of a person. I had many close friends in childhood that I might be using as the standard when judging the relationship I have with people today. To me, a friend is someone you've known for a long time and you actually have met and spend quality time together bonding. Like a friend to me would be someone i click with who calls me when she wants to go out and party or shop or just whatever. Someone who sleeps over that i can talk to all night for hours in person or on the phone and someone who gets me and likes me. Someone I've known for a while and went on a trip with some where and took pictures of as a keepsake of the fun we had. Every one I know are just acquitances who seem like they already have all that and don't need other friends anymore. I'm 23, is this asking to much or doesn't seem childish to expect this from a friend?

I don't think that's asking for too much. That's pretty much my definition of what a friend is. And you're right, it really does seem like everyone already has friends, and they don't feel like investing any time into developing new friendships. It sucks!!!

Will you be my friend, Crew99?

You have summed up every aspect of my stream of consciousness that I have been developing for the past year or two, as I finished up my last bit of high school.

I've come to even go as far as to say that I flat out don't like any of the fake people you were describing in your first post.

It also explains why I am so lonely, because I have no desire at all to attempt a relationship with any of these people.

My only real friend that I actually find happiness with is my buddy in Texas.. I met him when I was in 3rd grade, and we have been best friends since then. Even when I am gone for a year at a time, and come back for a month to visit, it's as if I never left.

You are definately not expecting too much from a friend when you ask of those qualities, because that's all a friend really should be.

FRIEND is such a broad word... with adaptations such as "True friend", or "Best friend".

I think most friends that we have are only the aquaintances, the people we consider nice in social areas that haven't quite realized that most people are completely fake in the way they live their lives, but themselves are not such bad people.. if that makes any sense..

but i'd love to talk to you as an online friend, if you have MSN or AIM...

my msn is: [email protected]
AIM: azuredeath663

Cya... Thanks for letting me read that!

Crew99 said:
Like a friend to me would be someone i click with who calls me when she wants to go out and party or shop or just whatever. Someone who sleeps over that i can talk to all night for hours in person or on the phone and someone who gets me and likes me. Someone I've known for a while and went on a trip with some where and took pictures of as a keepsake of the fun we had.

I want that too. :(
I mean, I do have friends, but there's none that i really feel i can talk about everything or call at anytime of the day even to tell that I saw someone who looks like Dave Grohl LOL which really was what I saw and just had to tell someone. Someone who won't get mad at me for calling at all about anything, that would definitely be awesome :cool:
But how do people make that happen? Oh well..

Crew99 said:

Lots of people are just afraid to be who they are. Our society places too much importance on beauty, winning, money, etc, etc, etc. The funny thing is - most cultures do the same thing but for different reasons. I need to live in a country where women are considered beautiful if they wear mud in their hair. Since I am always working around in dirt. Don't think so much about these kinds of people. Just be happy within yourself.

Latest posts

Back