Can I help?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paula4u

There are loads of lonely people and me... at times. So why not start with trying to find a nice penpal.. you can chat on yahoo or msm,, whatever before you decide you like some one? I would love to have a regular mate. for shopping for visiting, for penpal, to talk to.. sure it would be nice if you were on the doorstep but a penpal is a beginning.

You can use voice to ensure they are male or female, but please please be safe! pm me if you feel brave enough or would like to be a penpal?

Attachments

• a4.JPG
    a4.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 54
Hi paula4u. I'm one of those lonely people unfortunately. I could use a penpal, too. I like writing emails better than chatting.

lonelygirl said:
Hi Paula,

You're a sweetheart. May I ask your interests?
oh thats easy... trying to enjoy life? piano, machine knitting embroidery by hand and machine... harmonica. computers and loving the people I love. :p

Harmonica is very cool. I don't play any instruments but might be able to handle the harmonica.

Embroidery is awesome! Is it similar to cross stitch? I want to learn how to knit and embroider. Along with sewing and cooking, these domestic arts are almost forgotten by my generation (I'm 31, and many women my age arent' the best at these skills!)

Cheers,

LG

I've never been any good at embroidery, so I'm a bit envious of you for that, Paula. I do love to sew though- mostly clothes. A certain member can attest to this, since I've bombarded him with details of all my sewing projects and links to pretty patterns. :rolleyes:

Hi Elae,

I didn't know you can sew. What kind of clothes do you make? That is a wonderful skill! I wish I could sew! I have ideas for pretty clothes but no idea how to take them from a sketch to reality!

I mostly make pants and long sleeved shirts, since those make up the vast majority of my wardrobe. I like to use brightly colored fabrics or ones with floral prints.

Sewing isn't that hard, lonelygirl! If you want to start, I'd suggest making one or two things from simple patterns first, so that you have a general idea of how garments fit together. Then you can start making your own designs and patterns, or modifying existing patterns. There are lots of good sewing books that show you step by step how to do things to.

And of course, it all goes a lot faster if you have a sewing machine.

I wish I weren't so lazy. There are so many things I want to try to learn in life--such as painting, good photography skills, etc. etc. etc.

I wonder when I'll have the time?!!!

Latest posts

Back