Give a gift and get a gift?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think about idea?

• It's great

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I want to take a part

• It won't be demanded

• It's bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pogulyaev

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Maxim. I am from Russia (excuse me for language problems).

Recently I got interesting idea.
All of the people love to receive gifts. So why not to make a website where people will be able to arrange a "reciprocal" gift.

The user posts his:
-home address
-price range (amount of money he'll spend on gift) (for example, $20-40, $40-70, $70-100 etc.)
and chooses the category of gift he wants to receive (for example, electronic goods, clothes, toys etc.)

Website system is choosing two appropriate users for gift exchange and is sending emails with further guidance.

What do you think about it?

I don't think people would post their address online oh wait I just got trolled hardcore. GG

0CI355A said:
I don't think people would post their address online oh wait I just got trolled hardcore. GG

I think this address will not be public but given to the person who will send a gift.

Yeah but people involved must trust each other a lot to share their addresses. I know I won't give it out to someone I barely know in an online forum.

0CI355A said:
Yeah but people involved must trust each other a lot to share their addresses. I know I won't give it out to someone I barely know in an online forum.

Yes, I understand you. If website will be popular and have loyal users it will be easier to trust maybe.
Could you please explain what problems may have person who shared his home address? I don't know what could happen (maybe because I live in Russia and there is no such scam)

There's no such scam there now, so you're making it so?

You just told on yourself brah. Is this a spam or what? Anyone?

Sounds like spam to me. We could do that honeysuckle HERE with people we relatively KNOW and are comfortable having our addresses. I wouldn't just go to a random site and give my personal info.

This is sounding more legit to me by the hour. fresia IT LET"S GIFT CIRCLE JERK!

I don't know what its intent is but since Pogulyaev has brought this idea up on a number of different forums and every post here so far have been promoting this idea, i can see how spam may come to mind.

It could be that Pogulyaev believes in this idea and just fails to see the potential for abuse and as such doesn't mention any safeguards. The fact that Pogulyaev goes around using forums seemingly for the sole purpose of promoting this idea could be considered spam.

VanillaCreme said:
There's no such scam there now, so you're making it so?

You just told on yourself brah. Is this a spam or what? Anyone?

No, I don't want to scam. My purpose is to know what people think about this idea.

Callie said:
Sounds like spam to me. We could do that honeysuckle HERE with people we relatively KNOW and are comfortable having our addresses. I wouldn't just go to a random site and give my personal info.

Why spam? I don't advertise my products or services or site.
Thank you for comment, it gave me some useful information.

Minus said:
I don't know what its intent is but since Pogulyaev has brought this idea up on a number of different forums and every post here so far have been promoting this idea, i can see how spam may come to mind.

It could be that Pogulyaev believes in this idea and just fails to see the potential for abuse and as such doesn't mention any safeguards. The fact that Pogulyaev goes around using forums seemingly for the sole purpose of promoting this idea could be considered spam.

Yes I share it on some forums to know about what people think. It's not enough to hear 3 or 5 opinions even if they are negative. Maybe 10th opinion will be positive and if the percentage of people that like idea will be 5-10% or so it gives good potential.
The idea is in the eye of the beholder.

Its not a realistic idea, its far too easy to scam innocent users. I did run something like this with friends, though - a book exchange.

You might have better luck if you get known first, and then pick something inexpensive, like old books. Even so, though, the postal costs will keep most people from attempting it.

Sorry.

One of the forums I used to frequent did a gift exchange. Due to people being lazy, a lot of people ended up being disappointed.

Latest posts

Back