Anyone interested in chatting one-on-one?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspeckofdust

Reaction score
I'd prefer if you were a female, although I won't turn any males away. Strangely enough, I just find it easier to open up to females and I seem to usually have longer, more fulfilling conversations with females online than males.

I'm not looking for a romantic relationship to spawn from this. I mean, it'd be nice, but that's not what I'm after here. I just want to find someone reliable who can relate to me on loneliness, among other things, and won't just run away from me.

PM me if you're interested, although I must admit that I don't have high hopes of anyone doing so. It's just that I saw that other people have posted similar things on here and since at certain times, especially lately, I find myself with a very desperate need for someone like that, I thought 'why not'? :|

It's because you can't expect some magical person with all the same interests as you to come along and want to talk to you based on a small tidbit of information that doesn't even include your interests. You wont know if you want to take the time to talk to someone one on one unless you end up interested in each other after sharing interest in group conversations. If you want to meet people to talk to, reply to many threads and start go get to know the other users and PM someone that you find interesting. Or you could spend time in chat and get to know people there, and then simply PM them in chat. Many people like to post these threads hoping that they'll meet someone, but that's not how people meet. Don't be afraid to share with the group, hope to see you around chat sometime. :)

SkuzzieMuff said:
It's because you can't expect some magical person with all the same interests as you to come along and want to talk to you based on a small tidbit of information that doesn't even include your interests. You wont know if you want to take the time to talk to someone one on one unless you end up interested in each other after sharing interest in group conversations. If you want to meet people to talk to, reply to many threads and start go get to know the other users and PM someone that you find interesting. Or you could spend time in chat and get to know people there, and then simply PM them in chat. Many people like to post these threads hoping that they'll meet someone, but that's not how people meet. Don't be afraid to share with the group, hope to see you around chat sometime. :)

Eh, I'll probably give up on this site before I can post on enough threads for that to happen. And I did go to the chat yesterday. Wasn't for me though. Maybe another time. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Too bad it's impossible to delete your own threads on here or else I'd delete this one...

Latest posts

Back