It only got worse

• Thread starter Smallbutterflysdontlikecrowds
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Smallbutterflysdontlikecrowds

Okay I made a thread a while ago andI was saying about how I am "shy around the in group" Well I tried experimenting. I went a day without talking and nobody noticed.

lol..(sadly) a day is not long...(i've gone so much longer lol) BUT don't make it a habit..talk to people

we all need people..(i think)

might b hard 2 c it now. but believe me. being able 2 go unnoticed just becuz u shut up..... is a good thing ;)

Smallbutterflysdontlikecrowds said:
Okay I made a thread a while ago andI was saying about how I am "shy around the in group" Well I tried experimenting. I went a day without talking and nobody noticed.

You talked to absolutely nobody? I probably could have only gotten away with that back in middle school.
Like Jales said, don't make it a habit! Are you in high school? That's probably why my social skills are so horrible (being 22) because I talked to so few people back then.

You know, i used to have that problem, not talking lol. Cos i was shy around new people (when i was about 13) so what happened was, i decided to break out of it. I plucked up courage to say hi to everyone in my class, those who didn't respond well, well i know i shouldn't waste my time with them. I felt like i was putting my life up on the line to just speak to people lol :rolleyes:. But it worked, courage of just saying hi and introducing yourself actually got me friends in school.

All I'm saying is, if you put yourself out there talk to people, they'll know that you want to be involved in the conversation. In some cases though, i can't say for all. It's worth giving a shot. If rejection happens all the time, it's not so bad to just keep trying. Besides, you're still young right? When you get older, you'll probably find it easier to talk to people (i hope). :)

Smallbutterflysdontlikecrowds said:

May I ask how old are you? If you're young..this type of problem (shyness and feeling invisible) is very, very common. It takes a lot of time to develop into the person you will eventually become. Think of a butterfly..it doesn't start out like one..but its beauty eventually comes forth. It's exactly the same way with people.

LOL but i'm sure smallbutterfly here will make it if she makes herself make it. You've still got a long way to go smallbutterfly, take things easy :)

NewBirth said:
then again some of the caterpillars never make it... they get eaten

And some grow up to become majestic, beautiful creations. As I am certain she will.:)

i guess this is where i shouldnt point out how many different types of animals find butterflies a delicious meal huh :)

Lmao small
no offense. & on a good note... smaller butterflies r harder 2 catch!!!

LOL NB's just always funny with comments like that which is why i always say he's a funny person. (duh!?)
Lmao this thread's conversation about butterflies :D

Latest posts

Back