My Journal Novel

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reggie Jected said:
going to "what" yourself?

I don't know what I'm doing with my life after it is done.

An excerpt from my memoir, Death Date with MaryKate.

"I had just assumed in my naivety that they all settled on the next best thing. Like in a game show where if you press your luck you go home empty handed. Unlike game shows, in real life the stakes are higher. If you press your luck you just die and no one really cares. I could have never settled for that, and no, not dying alone. I had grown accustom to loneliness from such a young age that dying alone seemed the way I was headed. In fact, I would have preferred dying alone then faking my feelings and appeasing my way to the grave. Fortunately though, through all my patience I had finally found what I was so unsure of, the only thing that could fill my vast emptiness, love; a true love with no exceptions, the love men die for, the love women labor for, and which both dream possible.

It is funny how loneliness is so connected to love yet it’s given no true significance. Loneliness is a forgotten feeling, as alone in the realm of emotions as the effect it has on mankind. Maybe because people are afraid it’s contagious? They only seem to talk about it when they themselves are lonely or when something obvious reminds them of that fact. I can imagine a better society with more attention directed toward it.

All the world needs is more lonely doctors, more lonely philosophers, more lonely politicians, more lonely everything. Pretty soon after, there would be loneliness management. If only loneliness was given as much attention as anger management. I believe that if it was, it would greatly benefit the world. Because let’s face it, angry people will punch you square in the nose if you piss them off but a lonely person will gun down an entire yoga class with no warning all because some chick carrying a yoga mat turned a lonely chump down for a date a year earlier. Now which seems more important? I guess doctors just aren’t lonely, either that or they haven’t been able to put a price tag on loneliness yet, at least not that I’m aware of. And to imagine, all it would take is just one lonely doctor to change the world."

Latest posts

Back