Self-mental Abuse...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrozer

Reaction score
I have this problem of constantly mentally and emotionally abusing myself (cursing at myself for being an idiot and what not) when I do something stupid, or something that I shouldn’t regret about, but somehow I regret about it anyways. I am way to hard on myself, but I can’t do anything to stop it.

Now everytime I regret about something that I shouldn’t of regret about, I do this to myself. I have the mindset that if I were to pursue an impulse, or an act, anything at all, I have to first think if I might regret it later, and if I do, I will not pursue the impulse. It might keep me from really experiencing the world.

I feel like there is something wrong with me, but at the same time I also feel like I’m just making myself believe this when in reality there might not be any problem with me. I’ve thought of visiting a counselor or psychiatrist, but even acting on that impulse might cause me to have regrets. What kind of regrets? I don’t know. Why would you feel regret you ask? I don’t know, but I just know it will happen. I guess part of me thinks that no ones going to listen to my bullshit or problems in life, when there are greater problems in the world.

You should go see someone, they might be able to help you sort all that out. In the meantime, don't take yourself so seriously, we're all hard on ourselves but it's knowing that it's just you telling yourself that.

Its somewhat normal. Seeing a therapist can help and it will not have any repurcussions(except financial, and you can plan for that). You don't have any major issues.

Latest posts

Back