Women - What completely turns you off?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostInside

Reaction score
I'm not talking about in the sexual sense, but in general from men.

What does a man do that can make you turn your back on him forever?
Do certain physical characteristics signal stay away? Overweight men? Short men? etc

Some men have this look, like they work out their upper arms, but seem ignore their forearms. I find this gross. Overly arrogant men are a total turn off, if one has to tell about how great they are, they probably arent great at all. Generally I am not attracted to overweight men, I am fit, and very active in my day to day life and would expect the same of any man I am with. Any sort of racism or bigotry is a huge turn off to me. Of course any sort of abusive behavior is an immediate deal breaker.

A man who is educated, and always strives to better himself is important. I like manly man, one who likes to take charge and make decisions, but its a fine line between being manly, and being a control freak. A real man knows when to step back and let the lady take charge, I guess that would be the give and take of a good relationship.

I don't know, things like that.

Muscle-heads thinking that because they have muscles, they'll always get the girl. Or, a guy being needy and seeking to get my attention. I don't mind that if I'm with someone, but if I'm not, I find it extremely annoying.

Arrogance is #1 for me. Now, confidence is an attractive and sexy trait; over-confidence and arrogance are flat-out not.

In line with what septicemia mentioned, men who persistently emphasize how great or nice they are. To me it screams that they protest too much and have something to hide. JMO based on many dealings with "Great Guys" who were anything but.

That's not to say that you nice men out there should never say "I'm a good/nice/decent guy," but it has more effect if you let your actions speak for you rather than wearing a sandwich board that shrieks out "HEY, I'M I NICE GUY.... LOOK AT MEEEE!!!" Again, JMO.

Extreme self-absorption to the point that he doesn't care to listen about anything but his own core interests - this goes for friends too. This type of person seems to view others as a potential entourage who'll bask in his glow as he goes on ad nauseum about his hobbies, his opinions, his bowel movements, whatever.

I like how women love to mention the fine line in traits they want. That way one day you can be manly, and the next day you are controlling. Or one day you are confident, and the next you are arrogant. It allows them an easy out. Yet men are not allowed such things.

Pompous asses turn me off... as well as disgusting eating habits (chewing with mouth open, etc etc etc)

Other than that... I'm pretty laid back about honeysuckle like that.

tangerinedream said:
In line with what septicemia mentioned, men who persistently emphasize how great or nice they are. To me it screams that they protest too much and have something to hide.

Ugh! I always turn away from dating profiles that say, "I'm a good man" or, "I'm a nice guy"... or worse, "I'm a good Christian". Actions are the most honest statements.

AFrozenSoul said:
I like how women love to mention the fine line in traits they want. That way one day you can be manly, and the next day you are controlling. Or one day you are confident, and the next you are arrogant. It allows them an easy out. Yet men are not allowed such things.

I disagree. Men often want women who are "strong" but who are not "bitches". There's also the line between "independent" and "cold". Then, there's the way other men want women who make them feel needed, but at the same time, the woman must not be "needy".

lol

VanillaCreme said:
Muscle-heads thinking that because they have muscles, they'll always get the girl. Or, a guy being needy and seeking to get my attention. I don't mind that if I'm with someone, but if I'm not, I find it extremely annoying.

lol. what type of guy usually seeks your attention?

miltonbradley said:
lol

VanillaCreme said:

Don't know. I don't pay attention to guys anymore. I fail to see what's funny about that.

VanillaCreme said:
miltonbradley said:
lol

VanillaCreme said:

Don't know. I don't pay attention to guys anymore. I fail to see what's funny about that.

if you don't pay attention to guys anyway why would you list "being needy and seeking my attention" as a turn off??? that doesn't make any sense

Lol. Women don't make sense ;)

Okay my turn-offs:

- bad teeth
- bad hygiene
- long fingernails *shudder*
- cruelty
- arrogance
- no sense of humour
- lying

nerdygirl said:
AFrozenSoul said:

I disagree. Men often want women who are "strong" but who are not "bitches". There's also the line between "independent" and "cold". Then, there's the way other men want women who make them feel needed, but at the same time, the woman must not be "needy".

Hollaaaaa!

Or they want "passionate," but not "emotional-bordering-on-psychotic."

Gee whiz.

So picky. :p

I really don't want to see the posts that talk about hypocrisy. I want to see a real discussion on what is desired by women. I know I fall short on many qualities that are beyond my control, but it is important for me to know what women are actually desiring.

Ok, you want it, you got it:

-Bigger hips than mine
-Bigger boobs than mine
-Hair that's much longer and softer than mine
-Bad speller
-Bad at grammar
-Men who expect me to chase them like the last 10 women they met
-Men who can't suppress spouting off stereotypes to women about women
-A man who's not over his ex
-Cheaters
-Peeing on the toilet seat without at least cleaning it off
-Laziness
-Men who don't give a whit about what their women like in bed
-Name dropping and bragging
-Men who don't like children. You don't have to like my child but if you don't like any children, that's a problem. *Edited to say: I'm speaking more generally here. However, if we're in a long term relationship, then yeah, you need to like my child.
-Overly serious about everything without cutting loose every so often
-Excessive drinking
-Not pulling their weight around the house
-Clinginess
-Not making me a priority. You don't have to make me and my needs the number one priority every day but if I'm not at least in the top 3 on most days, that's a problem.

-Teresa

LostInside said:
Laziness regarding what? House work, hobbies, church, career, etc?

Sleeping until noon regularly, like maybe more than a few times a year. Unless they work swing shifts or graveyard.
Living in a dirty environment such as leaving dinner dishes lying around for days or weeks. Taking the last bit of toilet paper and leaving the empty roll instead of getting out a new roll for the next person​
. Not taking the dog for a walk. Being voluntarily unemployed and willing to draw disability or government benefits for bogus injuries or conditions instead of working.

Oh and one more turn off is constantly being on electronic devices. If you're texting on your iPhone all the time like a brain-dead woodpecker, it's not going to work out between us. :)

Teresa

Latest posts

Back