I need some reading reccomendations...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SophiaGrace

I am looking for new reading material. What books/authors/poets/magazines/short stories would you reccomend and why?

go to 2nd hand book store and try everything :)

i used to love doing that..
authors id never heard of, found some pretty weird and cool stuff.

Not to sound like a geek, but I have this one novel that is one of my favorites. It's a hard reality based story around child abuse/slave/sex industry and one mans quest to put a stop to it. The are a lot of fact checked statistics in it and is quite moving. Now to the geek part...It's a Batman novel, not a graphic novel, a real paper back printed word novel. If you can get past that part it is a very good read, Batman The Ultimate Evil. It was out quite a few years ago so it might be hard to find.

Anything Ken Follett writes is good- currently reading "The Hammer of Eden".

Yesh. Ted has a lot of christian themes going on in his books though which are kind of fun to spot.

Laurell K. Hamilton is like that but also has adult and fantasy themes, and all of her books usually feature really strong/powerful, independent, female protagonists.

I recently read an older book, 'A Child Called "It"', by Dave Pelzer. Autobiographical account of the author's experience of horrible child abuse at the hand of his mother and overcoming it. Very intense, but also very inspiring.

MissGuided said:
I recently read an older book, 'A Child Called "It"', by Dave Pelzer. Autobiographical account of the author's experience of horrible child abuse at the hand of his mother and overcoming it. Very intense, but also very inspiring.

I finish read.

If you're a fan of western style steampunk, anything by Cherrie Priest falls under my pile of guilty pleasures.

There's this book I read once and I ws really drawn to it. Its called Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill (Stephen King's son). I really think he's a good author. The book is alone the lines of horror and thriller if you're int that kinda stuff. Has some foul language just to let you know.

Here are a few novels I thoroughly enjoyed recently:
The Gum Thief by Douglas Coupland
Eleanor Rigby also by Douglas Coupland
Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman
The Power And The Glory by Graham Greene

Latest posts

Back