The Writing Game

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jilted John

Reaction score
I was thinking,maybe we could all write a book,between us.

The idea being,that anybody can continue the book,once it's started,in any vein they wish,it can be comedy,tragedy,irony,whatever!

But I think there should be a line limit in the posting box,say,minimum of 5,and a maximum of 10. You can create characters at will,or dispose of previous characters as you wish.

It could be very funny book,or maybe die on it's feet,it's up to you! I'll kick off,and see what happens!

"A Funny,Lonely Life"

The man stood on the bridge,and stared down at the huge rainbow trout that were lazily swimming,against the slow flow of the river beneath him.
He was just wondering how they managed to regulate their movement,so that they stayed in exactly the same spot,when he heard a car fast approaching the bridge from his left.The car,a 1960's Austin Healy sports model,barely missed him,as he clung to the wall of the bridge.All he saw of the driver as it flashed by,was a mane of long blonde hair.

Just as suddenly a Mack truck approaches apparently in pursuit of the Austin Healy. The man, thinking he’ll be squashed, jumps over the side to the water below. At the peak of his leap he looked in at the driver who gives him a “shoo fly” flick of the hand.

The man,who was called Eric,by the way,swam to the nearest bank,and dragged himself out of the river,and after wringing out his clothes,he got back on to the road,and started to walk in the direction,that the two vehicles had taken.
After about 15 minutes walking,he came to a quaint looking old pub,and there,on the car park,was the Austin Healy that had narrowly missed him before,before the truck had forced him to jump into the river.

Eric strode to the bar,and ordered a beer,before turning around,to scan the other patrons of the pub for the blonde driver of the Healy.
It didn't take him long to spot her sitting alone at a table,towards the back of the pub.

Near her was an open door leading outside. Eric decided to mosey over to the door so that he could get a closer look at the girl. He pauses at the open door and peers outside. Just then she jumps up, holds his face with both hands and presses her lips against his. Eric is shocked and stands frozen and wide eyed staring at the girl. Then, keeping her lips pressed to his, her eyes pop open and she begins to talk to him, “Just a little longer thank you. Behind you is a creepy guy that has followed me to three different pubs now, so maybe he’ll see this and leave.” Her eyes close. Her eyes open, “Relax. Touch me”. Her eyes close. He nervously puts his free hand on the back of her head. That felt strange so he moved it to her waste. That made him more nervous, so he put it on her shoulder. Her eyes pop open again. Her gaze darts left and right repeatedly. She releases Eric and steps back from him.

Eric shakes his head,to make sure that what he thought just happened ,happened.Yes,the stunningly beautiful blonde was still standing there before him."That guy,that's been following you,was he driving a Mack truck?" John asks. "Why yes!" said the blonde,with an unmistakable Texan accent,somewhere in the north panhandle,Eric suspected.

"That guy made me jump off a bridge to avoid getting pulped" Eric told the blonde,as he turned around to get a look at the jerk,but he was gone."I'm Eric" he told the girl,as he stretched out his hand."Oh,I'm Tallulah"she replied,as she took his hand,and shook it warmly. "Nice name" said Eric.Tallulah just smiled, "Did you manage to get the plate number of his truck?"she asked. "No"said Eric,"I didn't have time,but I did manage to spot something before I jumped." "What was that?" she asked, "It was a foreign truck.It had the nationality sticker for Finland behind the reg.plate!"

A car pulls up. Its the guy they've been trying to get away from, and another guy is coming to the backdoor. Eric runs to the bathroom and takes her with him. "Let go, I'm not going into the mens room," she declares. So they enter separate bathrooms and escape through the bathroom windows, but land only to face down the barrel of a shotgun held by a tall man in a dark suit accompanied by a midget wearing a purple suit and a monicle who begins to speak in a british accent. "Step into the Limo if you want to live," he insists. Once inside they drive away quickly, with the tall man driving. After a few minutes of ackward silence they drive over a bump and the midget begins to choke on his crumpet. The tall man pulls over to the side of the road and everyone steps outside.

The tall man performs the heimlich maneuver on the midget to dislodge the crumpet. He then lifts the midget up and places him on his shoulder.
"I'm Nugget Hokum and this is my assistant Lumb", says the midget. Nugget pulls a revolver from his waist band and points it at Eric. "Tell me, Tallulah, why I don't kill him." says Nugget as he cocks the hammer back.

“Y’all I gotta pee!” exclaims Tallulah in her Texas panhandle accent as she does the knock kneed shuffle towards the back door of the pub.
This distracts Nugget just enough for Eric to cartwheel his way over to Lumb’s side where he promptly kicks Lumb in the groin.

Latest posts

Back