My Uncle Died

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SofiasMami

Reaction score
My brother sent me a text yesterday: "Uncle John died".
He was 72 and had a heart attack last year. A close friend found him at home 2 days ago. I haven't seen him in a very long time because he lived in the midwest and I'm in California. He never married, didn't have any kids and my dad is his only sibling. So he essentially died alone.
I want to call my brother to get more details on the funeral/memorial service but I don't want to call and get my lunatic sister-in-law on the phone. She'll probably make up all kinds of lurid crap like "Oh my god, he was dead for 4 days and half-eaten by his dog by the time he was found". I just hope he went quickly and painlessly.
Rest in peace, Uncle John.

Teresa

I'm really sorry sofiasmami *hugs*

but it sounds like he lived a long life with a family who loved him, and try to remember that :)

I am sorry for your loss.

sorry about your loss (HUG)

and sorry for this but
"half eaten buy his dog" lol
never head that b4 he was prob hungry poor doggy

Condolences.

Had a death in the family, too, recently. Hopefully none of us have to go thru being dog chow and have pending discovery on the nasal acuteness of the neighbours, when our times come.

A lonely death worries me, honestly. Rather take the initiative than end up rotting for three months before unpaid rent and bills make it so that someone decides to come evict me post-mortem. :(

I am sorry for your loss. I lost 2/3s of my immediate family in the last few months, so I know how you feel.

Latest posts

Back