Girl doesn't say "Hi".

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zorg

So, I have a job at a movie theater, and it's pretty good, most of the people there are nice. That being said, I haven't made any real friends over the two months working there.

Though, there was this one girl who I talked to quite a bit when I first got the job. She told me about her pets, parents, brothers, likes and dislikes, all that jazz. So, I thought that maybe we could continue like that and eventually be pretty good friends. Well, turns out, that's not happening.

Every time I come in for work, I give her an enthusiastic "Hi" and she barely responds. I mean, she doesn't even say a word, it's more of a small tilt of the head if even that. Sometimes she just stares at be blankly. What is the deal? I find myself resenting her a bit. I don't know...it just bothers me. I don't get it.

it probably bothers u bcuz shes not doing what u want her 2 do. but u cant change that. u cant control that. all u can change & control is what u do. so uve got 2 choices
either keep on going the way ur going.......... say hi & she doesnt hardly respond
or
dont say hi
sounds 2 me like shes pretty rude. but thats her choice 2 b. do u really want 2 b friends w/some1 so rude?
me... id just stop saying hi. i mean i wouldnt keep on setting myself up like that. but not judging u. gl

Zorg said:
Every time I come in for work, I give her an enthusiastic "Hi" and she barely responds. I mean, she doesn't even say a word, it's more of a small tilt of the head if even that. Sometimes she just stares at be blankly. What is the deal? I find myself resenting her a bit. I don't know...it just bothers me. I don't get it.
I have gotten this behavior before from girls that I thought were my friends. I don't get it...why?? There is one girl that I was very close over the last 2 years but now that she's had her new b/f the last few months refuses to speak to me or even look at me when we pass at school. It's even worse because its so hard for me to make new friends (especially girls) because of shyness.

To get an idea how shy I am my boss made an offhand comment today that I fit right in working in a morgue. Not because I'm gothic or anything just because I'm so silent.

Zorg said:
So, I have a job at a movie theater, and it's pretty good, most of the people there are nice. That being said, I haven't made any real friends over the two months working there.

Though, there was this one girl who I talked to quite a bit when I first got the job. She told me about her pets, parents, brothers, likes and dislikes, all that jazz. So, I thought that maybe we could continue like that and eventually be pretty good friends. Well, turns out, that's not happening.

Well I wouldn't worry about her to much, I have been treated in that way before, and you'll probably never be able to figure out why. It would be great if we could read peoples minds wouldn't it.

Have you tried talking to her about it? Or you guys don't talk anymore at all? Maybe you did something bad that you didn't notice. Or it's just her who's turn cold towards you for some reason.

That's weird, saying "hi" is one of the nicest things you can do on earth. I'm more than glad to respond to anyone who says hi to me lol :D

mink said:
Have you tried talking to her about it? Or you guys don't talk anymore at all? Maybe you did something bad that you didn't notice. Or it's just her who's turn cold towards you for some reason.

That's weird, saying "hi" is one of the nicest things you can do on earth. I'm more than glad to respond to anyone who says hi to me lol :D

Well, we don't work "together" exactly. She's usually on concession while I am on floor (cleaning the theaters). But, what I do, is walk by the concession stand and give her a pretty big greeting when I first come into work. I say "Hi" or "Hello", sometimes I'll even ask how she's doing and even then she doesn't really respond. I just don't get why she doesn't verbally say hello to me. I just find it really irreverent. It annoys me to no end.

..but then you've talked to her before normally. Maybe if you don't wanna sit around and wonder you could ask her straight why she's acting that way. But it's a risk, lol cos if she doesn't respond well to that things might just get worse than it already is. Hard to tell what she's possibly thinking about or feeling here.

Zorg said:

Who knows? Unless you take the time to ask her during offtime. Maybe..just maybe ..it has nothing at all to do with you. Or maybe she's been warned not to be so chatty on the job? Get the drift?

Lol but how chatty can a simple "hi" be, or a smile even, right? Yeah but zorg won't know until he asks her lol.

mink said:
Lol but how chatty can a simple "hi" be, or a smile even, right? Yeah but zorg won't know until he asks her lol.

Depends..I've had some very mean bosses in my time. He wanted his crew of employees busy all the time and no talking. And in one instance where a friend of mine worked as a cashier. He was doing his job ringing me up and bagging my groceries. We smiled and spoke a few words as he did this. Then later on I found out his boss chewed him out for being too personal with customers. Very strange.

Oh really? That is strange and just isn't right. Aren't cashiers suppose to be friendly too to make the service better? Lol..strange boss there *shakes head*

Her behavior may well not have anything to do with you. When I'm in my own little world I barely notice those around me.

Next time you say hi and she responds in an odd manner, ask her, "Are you okay?" in a sympathetic voice. Maybe that'll give her the hint that she's behaving strangely.

diamond-dancer said:
Her behavior may well not have anything to do with you. When I'm in my own little world I barely notice those around me.

Next time you say hi and she responds in an odd manner, ask her, "Are you okay?" in a sympathetic voice. Maybe that'll give her the hint that she's behaving strangely.

Yes..I agree with diamond-dancer. Just ask her next time if/when you get the chance.

i wouldnt do it like this. but okay. hope it works... yo but if she disses u again. just leave it alone man. if u dont... ud b basically begging 2 b dissed. no need 4 that

I agree with newbirth. If she does not want to say hi to you, to the hell with her man. Who does she think she is? There are much better people out there. No need to fret over such rude and "plastic" people who act all friendly infront of you but does not want to be seen associated with you in public.

I would strongly recommend you be careful with this one. I recently had a similar experience happen to me. I really fell for this one waitress who I used to see a lot. I used to be real friendly with her and always say hi to her. When I finally made a move on her she didn't say much, but she stopped being so friendly with me. I continued trying to say hi and she would respond in kind, but got me nowhere. I tried forever to get to know her. Much later on I found out she had a boyfriend. All along she was only being friendly enough to not come off as a jerk and I just never got the hint.

The point is that if she isn't saying hi to you it's probably for a good reason. Don't take it too hard. You should just take the hint or you are going to be perceived like some creepy desperate guy like I was. Learn from my experience: it'll save you a lot of frustration and pain if you just stop talking to her.

Zorg said:

Hi there
I wouldnt take the response from this girl too personally and i wouldnt stop saying hello I think it is a dangerous path to take shutting people off completely You dont know what her situation is Is she like this with other people if so she may have issues herself Dont take peoples attitudes too personally focus on the positive people in your life

You shouldn't say hi to her if she doesn't reply, you're just wasting yourself.

Latest posts

Back