Howdy!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss Demeanour

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I used to be a real social butterfly, outgoing, friendly and loved being around people. Now I'm bored, lonely depressed and can't be bothered any more after a traumatic event 5 years ago changed me. I quit my job after 20 years, stopped getting in contact with friends and became an almost recluse, in fact it was the start of agrophobia so I used to get terrible panic attacks when going out in busy places and still do occasionally. Even though I have family, I feel very lonely and no one understands what I'm going through or even cares for that matter. It's nice to come somewhere where people feel the same, at times you feel like you're the only one in the whole world who feels like this.

Welcome to the forum.

condemnedsoul666 said:
Hello dudette!
quick question: is it just when the places are busy that you get panic attacks?

No not really, I could be sat in the hairdressers, dentist or even doctors, it's a feeling of being trapped and not being able to escape. I have to take valium before a hairdressing or dentist appointment so I can feel relaxed.

Minus said:
Welcome to the forum.

Thank you! :)

condemnedsoul666 said:
do you know the cause, and if so, do you mind me asking?

Yes I saw my 13 year old son having an epileptic fit in a busy shop back in 2005. I'd never seen anyone before have a fit before and he hadn't been diagnosed with it at the time so didn't know what was happening. He went unconscious, stopped breathing and turned blue and I thought he was dead. Most people were just stood around staring and I didn't have a clue what to do so I just went in panic mode. Luckily one lady who was a nurse saw it happen and came running to my aid then he started to regain consciousness again but it was the scariest thing ever to witness especially with your own child. Not long after this is when the panic set in and I couldn't stand being in busy places without feeling anxious and wanting to get home to safety. He's now 18 and on medication and he's not (touch wood) had a seizure for more than 3 years.

Latest posts

Back