why does my computer keep refusing to play youtube?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
i have made no changes to anything. the other day when it happened i just closed out my browser and when i opened it back up it was fine. but now that doesnt work. what could cause this to just randomly happen? like i said, i have made NO changes to anything. my flash player is updated. other video players work. whats weird is that if i play a youtube video that someone has embedded in a post, it works. but it doesnt work on youtube itself.

edgecrusher said:
i have made no changes to anything. the other day when it happened i just closed out my browser and when i opened it back up it was fine. but now that doesnt work. what could cause this to just randomly happen? like i said, i have made NO changes to anything. my flash player is updated. other video players work. whats weird is that if i play a youtube video that someone has embedded in a post, it works. but it doesnt work on youtube itself.

Try using a different browser and see if it works?

i think it sometimes does this to me if my sister or roommate is streaming something on netflix. could that be it? when i turned my computer on this morning the first thing i did was check it and it worked right away. the previous times it happened were when someone else was streaming something on netflix.

Clear your cookies. It will get rid of all of your saved passwords and stuff, but it has to be done from time to time to avoid these kinds of problems.

Edit: It could possibly be due to streaming Netflix if the streaming is bogging down your connection to a point where the Youtube video can't load. But you'd still be able to get to the video on Youtube, you would just have to let it buffer. Any more details on what's actually going on?

Stride said:
Edit: It could possibly be due to streaming Netflix if the streaming is bogging down your connection to a point where the Youtube video can't load. But you'd still be able to get to the video on Youtube, you would just have to let it buffer. Any more details on what's actually going on?

if that is whats happening, it just isnt loading period. the little bar with the play/pause button and the time never even shows up. so its not even buffering. its just a blank black screen. its working right now. i guess ill find out later tonight after work when people are watching netflix.

edgecrusher said:
Stride said:

if that is whats happening, it just isnt loading period. the little bar with the play/pause button and the time never even shows up. so its not even buffering. its just a blank black screen. its working right now. i guess ill find out later tonight after work when people are watching netflix.

thats exactly whats happening with mine. I can watch vids that are sent in links but cant search for my own. No one here uses netflix or whatever it is.....i dunno whats wrong!

I think it had something to do with Adobe's most recent update. Definitely try clearing the cookies. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what fixed it for me.

Yeah, Adobe and browsers are updating constantly and they always try to retain your Cookies so the experience after the update is as flawless as possible. Sometimes honeysuckle happens though and things get honky and you have to clear them out to get things working right again.

Lol, I didn't really think about what I was saying. :p My dad always used the term to mean whacky or messed up. I am white though...self loathing? :(

I have a similar problem - If I try to play youtube, my computer shuts downs and restarts. I cleared all my cookies but it still doesn't work... dunno what to do...

Lol, that's completely different. Your computer doesn't blue screen or anything, it just shuts down? If there is a blue screen it's most likely an issue with your video card drivers. Find out the manufacturer and get some updated drivers.

Latest posts

Back