Depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are going to make these kinds of threads, be prepared for the answers. Perhaps it might be better not to put yourself that kind of position, someguy.

Depression is a terrible thing, I struggle with it as well.

I might be brand spanking new here right now, but I'm not going to ignore you. You deserve to be heard like anyone else. Anything I can help with?

That's a toughie, because I can't imagine anyone here hates you or doesn't treat you like a person. I know it's the internet and it's a bit impersonal, but I bet if you're patient, you'll find other people around here who can relate. Heck, I can relate very well. This morning I got yelled at for making an apology, and that hurt like blazes, thinking that others might be so cruel. But there are good people out there, and maybe we can help each other find them :)

Oh, I'm hated around here. I get insulted, yet no one cares. I don't know what to do anymore.

Slow down, take a deep breath. I saw at least one other person in another thread willing to help you out. Do you think you could tell us a bit more in depth about why you think no one cares? I'm honest to god brand new here, so I haven't read many other threads or been in the chat or anything, and I'd like to know you better so maybe I can help.

Considering you are the only one replying showing care, that tells you right there.

I'm just old and lonely, and it doesn't help that when I try to open up to people they mistreat me.

Someguy, understand that people on online forums don't ever make it personal. They probably always respond to your messages, but I don't think they write down your name or have any prejudice. You are just another robot among us from an online perspective.

My god you don't even have that many posts nor have you been a member for that long. Honestly you are starting to make an impression on me and it's not a good one, and that is just today alone. At first I thought I was rereading one of your other threads, then when I went back because I thought I had replied I realized it was a new one.

Give people time. Maybe you've said things people took the wrong way or didn't agree with, it doesn't mean they all hate you.

There are people on here that I haven't agreed with or probably haven't agreed with something I've said, that doesn't mean I instantly hate them because of that. Those same people I found myself agreeing with at times. It's a freaking forum filled with lonely/depressed/moody people. Take it with a grain of salt. You'll find you will get along much better with people here. I like more people then not on this forum, it's a great place. In fact there is only one person I don't like much, don't hate that person though.

You've rubbed me the wrong way today, I doubt that is what you set out to do. You seem extremely depressed and I get that, sometimes you feel like no one likes you, just remember those are your feelings, but making something out of nothing is the wrong approach. People may have snapped at you or said something you took as not liking you but that's how forums work, you take it as you interpret it, not necessarily as how it was intended.

Depression can be caused by a number of factors, not least of which is a chemical imbalance in the brain which, if correctly diagnosed, can be treated with medicine (of course that involves doctors and a certain hit or miss effort in correcting the imbalance).

I don't see you being ignored. You have several replies to this and other posts that you've made.

I've not seen any insults although, to be fair, I haven't read every single post on the board.

I don't hate you either.

I AM concerned about you, though. Are you ok??

I said:
Depression can be caused by a number of factors, not least of which is a chemical imbalance in the brain which, if correctly diagnosed, can be treated with medicine (of course that involves doctors and a certain hit or miss effort in correcting the imbalance).

I don't see you being ignored. You have several replies to this and other posts that you've made.

I've not seen any insults although, to be fair, I haven't read every single post on the board.

I don't hate you either.

I AM concerned about you, though. Are you ok??

I don't feel I am OK. I thought this kind of place would be good for me, you know talking to other people with the same or similar situations. However, as of right now it seems to be making me feel worse. There are a few good ones who have opened up and shown some care, but sadly those are negated by those who are rude, insulting, and even harassing.

I will not go the medicine route- too many side effects and unknowns there.

I guess you could try PM'ing the people who are approving and getting something going with them.
If I have personally offended you, I am sorry, that's illustrating how I personally behave at forums (which I thought was the norm but IgnoredOne gave me something to chew on); I go here to write what I think concisely and without inhibitions. I think of forums as archives of info and brainstorming, so I just try to present my opinions directly and without filtering.
(I guess concisely is sort of of a lie because I always write horribly here and I am too lazy to find the right words :p)

someguy23475 said:
I don't feel I am OK. I thought this kind of place would be good for me, you know talking to other people with the same or similar situations. However, as of right now it seems to be making me feel worse. There are a few good ones who have opened up and shown some care, but sadly those are negated by those who are rude, insulting, and even harassing.

Fair enough.

Do you have someone you feel that you can talk to? Sometimes talking can help (although not always). And no, forums like this don't always help - but sometimes they do. At least you can take comfort in the fact that you're not alone and, if you choose and they're amenable, maybe you could contact one or more of those ones you've felt cared privately. It might help.

I hope it does.

someguy23475 said:

I went the medicine route. I feel it has made me feel better. :)

Latest posts

Back