Fairly Common Story

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jojo1965

Reaction score
Hi all. I am so glad I found this site. I want to talk about my situation but really have no one in my real life I can go to.

Mine is a fairly common story of a marriage gone wrong where there is no love and no intimacy at all and hasn't been for over 15 years, We probably shouldn't have gotten married in the first place because we weren't really in love back then either. I think both of us had been single a long time and were lonely and wanted to have children and a family. We got along well and were good friends. There was no sexual spark but I guess we figured that would come in time but, of course it didn't. We did manage to have two great kids before the sex stopped altogether and I love being a father.

We did try to repair the situation by going to various sex and marital therapists off and on for about three yeas but nothing seemed to work.

I have stayed on because I love my children and want to be there as they grow up. I have no other living family other than my wife and kids so even if I did leave I would simply be going from one lonely situation into another. Better to be lonely and be in a family than being lonely and being alone.

Over the years I have tried not to dwell on my problems. I have a job I really like so I try to focus on that. But I do have needs like everyone else and when those needs arise it is very difficult to concentrate on anything else and I find myself getting depressed and anxious because of my lack of an intimate sexual relationship.

So like all of you my life involves a lot of coping and I think being able to discuss things of common interest here in going to make coping a bit easier

Jojo.

Your situation is a very sad one, and you are definitely not alone. Personally I would suggest leaving the marriage and using time on making yourself happy again, I wouldn't imagine it happening in the situation you are in as of now. Many will disagree with me.

Anyways, welcome to the site, I hope you will be getting better. This site helped me a lot when I was struggling, I hope it can help you too.

It is important for me to live with my children. When they leave home I will leave my marriage. The only worry there is I will be in my 60's and fear being alone in my senior years.

Latest posts

Back