One thing I had to learn really quickly

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christina Sarah

Reaction score
... is that you can't win 'em all.

The lesson truly lies in accepting that not everyone's gonna want to be your friend. You shouldn't mind it. Friends and acquaintances come and go and life goes on.

Don't expect that everyone has to like you. No matter when or where you are in life, there will be people out there who won't.

Speaking of life, I hope everyone on here remembers that they have one. Attend to it. There's a world out there... explore it... & learn not to give a fresia so much, but if you do give a fresia so much... at least do it with a "fresia it" attitude. Thank you.

I have to sincerely agree. If we have zero friends, I mean, what do we have to lose if someone ignores us or doesn't want to talk to us?

There are plenty of people out there, chances are we fit into at least one group; all we have to do is try.

Exactly.
My problem for a while was that I tried to win the hearts of everyone.

Wise words. Still, a lot of people feel like no one likes them. Yes, they can take your advice and stop caring so much (like many of us have done now, because of our experiences) but there are other causes of loneliness that people suffer with.

Wait, you mean... Everyone DOESN'T love me!? D: WTFUCK, GAIS! All I do is draw dicks for you, and this is what I get!? XD

I love your post...
Thank you for sharing.
Its very beauifullly written..
You are very wise.

Cuz I do really really do give a fresia.,
but fresia it anyways.....

Some say its the short form serenity prayer.
The none sugar coat version.....

Even in the sodona method..
The sedona method is about LETTING GO of deep emotional pains...such as PTSD..
Ultimately Ill let go of whatever issues or pains thats hindering me to the piont of not giving a fresia about it oneway or the other. Hence Peace
of mind. Peace of heart... So that I may live...

I find that i often get hung up over trying to get people to like me. I don't know why this is.

Plenty do, but it always drives me nuts, that one person that doesn't.

Why i even care I have no idea. :p

Maybe it makes me feel like i am not a good person when a person doesn't like me. :(

That could be it.

I haz issues. :p

what the fuckin' fresia … who the fresia … fresia this fuckin' … how did you two fuckin' fucks … fresia!

Well, that certainly illustrates the diversity of the word.

I agree with accepting how you can't win them all, but I disagree with the "fresia it" attitude.

I mean it sounds cool and all, but there are things you have to care about.

insanelyloneley said:
I agree with accepting how you can't win them all, but I disagree with the "fresia it" attitude.

I mean it sounds cool and all, but there are things you have to care about.

Yes, I think it's about choosing one's battles wisely. There are some things one really ought to care about; others, notsomuch.

People get mixed signals or just outright bad advice from some sources about what should be important, the real stuff can get lost in the noise

You can't have it both ways.

You can't sincerely give a **** and sincerely not give a **** simultaneously, can you?

Training yourself to not give a ****, you'll grow to have a cold and empty heart. You'll not be able to love someone who wants it and deserves your love. I don't believe most of us around here want to be that way. Despite my disappointments, I am not trying to have trust issues. I am not even going to start telling myself I have trust issues.

Instead of not giving a ****, I say develop the mental and emotional muscle and the wisdom to deal with the inevitable disappointments you'll be hit with by people, even those you want to care about.

Christina Sarah said:
Expect nothing from everyone and you'll never be disappointed.

That's a pretty depressing way to live and it seems to me you're completely hopeless.

If you ever want to talk to me, I'll listen.

Christina Sarah said:
Expect nothing from everyone and you'll never be disappointed.

...and you can be pleasantly surprised when some people don't turn out to be dicks, however, you have to be open to the possibility that not everything and everyone will suck

With some people, when all they expect are the negative things, then that is all they will ever see, even when there is plenty to be thankful/happy/blessed for.

I like this little saying, “If there’s something you can do, then it makes no sense to worry about it. And if there’s nothing you can do to help the situation, then it makes no sense to worry about it.” In other words, there’s either something or nothing that you can do. Either way, it makes no sense to worry.

I'm someone who always expects the worst out of people, and it's really messed things up for me -- I don't trust anyone anymore and that's a shitty way to live.

Christina Sarah said:
I like this little saying, “If there’s something you can do, then it makes no sense to worry about it. And if there’s nothing you can do to help the situation, then it makes no sense to worry about it.” In other words, there’s either something or nothing that you can do. Either way, it makes no sense to worry.

That's not a bad thought at all, but one's attitude can have a huge effect.

THis:

And if there’s nothing you can do to help the situation

quite often is a matter of perception. If someone is likely to give up when things aren't easy, then sure, he's going to say "Oh, there's nothing I can do about it" the first time he runs across defeat.

If it's someone who refuses to give up, then the threshold for determining whether or not there really IS nothing that can be done is a lot higher.

My point: Attitude is everything. :)

insanelyloneley said:
I'm someone who always expects the worst out of people, and it's really messed things up for me -- I don't trust anyone anymore and that's a shitty way to live.

:(

It really must be.

Latest posts

Back