Hello From Alpental Ski Area

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

At what age is it too late to recover from mental illness?

• How long have you suffered from depression?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • How long have you suffered from chronic lonliness?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SoloSkier

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a 36 year old male who grew up skiing at Alpental Ski area and to this day remains the only area I have ever made any friends in. However, all the friends I made at Alpental have moved on in their lives and have made other friends instead.

I have never had a girlfriend, had my first kiss, and currently have no friends. To keep this short, I figure the best way to describe and introduce myself is for people to visit my youtube channel: RB902050.

I am hoping through my videos people will see through my profound shyness, or that someone may see through my videos what my ultimate malfunction is in life. I try to be funny in my videos, but it seems like I often get negative remarks or for some reason piss people off. I one day hope to resolve my severe depression which has lasted over 30 years, and chronic lonliness which has lasted for almost 18 years now along with significant social anxiety. I one day hope to discover what my ultimate nemesis in life is; whether it is from my environment, physiological, or both.

Your ultimate nemesis is your own mind, my friend. You need to socialize, get out there and gain experience. I took a look at your videos, and to think that a guy with your looks have never gotten a kiss is shocking (no homo). One night out and you would probably make it all happen, given a little social experience (riddance of social anxiety etc).

I write about how to get out and about a lot these days, so if you're interested in my advice then you could take a look at some of my more recent posts. Seeing as you are having some serious issues, my advice might be totally ridiculous, but I hope it might help you out anyways.

Welcome to the site, hope to see you posting.

Hi and welcome. In my experience each person is a nemesis unto themselves. You need to ask yourself, what actions/lack thereof have taken you to the place you're in now? What can you do to change things for the better? Maybe there are other factors at work like upbringing and physiology, but these factors all fall under the same category: challenges. Everyone has their own unique set of challenges to overcome, or sometimes just to accept and live with. I find the greatest obstacle to taking action is fear, fear of failure, fear of pain. The best advice I can possibly give you is face your fear, and take appropriate action, whether that be therapy, social clubs, or maybe even medication if that's appropriate for you. This is easier said than done of course, and whenever I go off on a rant like this I am reminded of a quote from "Tombstone" said by Doc Holliday: "It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Best of luck to you sir, I hope you find what you're looking for.

trZ said:
Your ultimate nemesis is your own mind, my friend.
You beat me to it :D

Latest posts

Back