does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unlucky in life

Reaction score
does good looks really matter in making friend and finding love.
what i was always told it was personality some how it isn't personality's its good looks that get you places.i am know of good looking people they lots of things they take of for granted finding love every 2nd week no matter where they go they just step in night guys are already making themselves knowing to them asking them to dance and being kissed.invited to parties every weekend,treated like gold. they only nice when it suits them if you good looking like themselves they,ll be nice or if they like you if you not to there taste they don't want to know you or have any thing to do with you

but being opposite side of the coin its very difficult 1/10 of that
i never got invited to parties or weekends out,or asked out i don't know even know how to kiss i have broken teeth. males treated me rottenly calling me names and verbal abusing me and insulting me,attacked, physical abused my mother said they do it because i am ugly looking and fat they treated me way this aggressively fashion which is unfair

because i am ugly looking i get bad treatment from males just like ugly duckling

Of course 'looks' matter. They matter in life, love, jobs, everything. Anybody who says differently if lying. We react differently depending on how attractive a person looks. Initially anyway.

You can help yourself though. How many ugly people do you see wearing poor, untidy clothes ?
Alot ! Help yourself by wearing smart clothes, keep yourself groomed and tidy. Work on body langauge, try to look friendly and happy. Smile ! People like that.

Looks are good for casual relationships, and they also pay a certain parts in deep relationships, as they should. But it's nothing more than that.

Broken teeth could be a turnoff for some, but as putter said, if you take pride in your appearance and have confidence in yourself, that goes a long way.
Looks don't always matter, yes they are important, but you don't have to be sexy and gorgeous to find love.

People like to say that personality matters most, and while it does matter...what gets noticed first is always looks. But 'looks' doesn't mean you look like the chicks in the magazines etc. It's having confidence in your appearance and looking comfortable in your own skin that is attractive. Some people confuse the 6 pack abs and huge tits for attractiveness, but I think that's missing the point.

Best advice i heard: Try to look your best, put a little effort into your appearance and you'll feel a little better about what you see in the mirror...and THAT is attractive.

i know this guy he expect women to look like women in magazines and runways shows and nothing else will do him some men really expect models type girls as girlfriends and nothing else will do this guy.personality not required!

unlucky in life said:
i know this guy he expect women to look like women in magazines and runways shows and nothing else will do him some men really expect models type girls as girlfriends and nothing else will do this guy.personality not required!

So then stop chasing after him.

Well, guess it depends.

For people with good looks, its a lot easier to get the attention of other people and notice it-especially after a few drinks! Thing is, what is "good looking" varies per person. Personally, i hate this look that most people my age are going for now-these are the people that are classed as good looking a lot. Thats just a lil example to illustrate my above point! :p

Personality is also very important for me and many other people. I could never be with someone if they had the intelligence of a squashed apricot even if they were the most stunning person in the world. I can honestly say for me that personality is more important than than loks. I cant be the only one like that.

You just have to like yourself and that shows. Like a previous poster said- first impressions are based on looks-because you havnt seen the personality yet. If you go in and are happy with yourself people will notice and thats better looking than a person that may be considered insanely good looking that is not as confident. Your body language speaks a lot- if you show confident body signals people will notice.

Just try not to let it get to you too much. Do what you have to do to make yourself happy and you should see the results! Good luck! :)

unlucky in life said:

Often men who want "supermodel" girlfriends look like "supermodels" themselves. From what I've seen, you keep on chasing only men who are "supermodels" and then get upset when they don't like you because you're not a "supermodel". If this is the case, then you are a hypocrite because you only care about looks for men and it sounds like you do not even have any interest in some average/ less-than-average man.

If anyone does not like you, you move on and forget about them and meet new people...hopefully you will come across one that you will have a connection with.

There is no use in sitting around and doing nothing. The best you can do is to eat well, exercise, improve your grooming etc and hopefully you will feel better about yourself. I often wish I were beautiful too - but we all have to learn to work with what we have and be the best that we can be. I would rather keep trying than do nothing and complain, complain, and complain.

Callie said:
unlucky in life said:
nerdygirl said:
unlucky in life said:
because i am ugly looking i get bad treatment from males just like ugly duckling

Yes. THAT is the problem.

why do you think that ?they treated me badly because how i look .

I believe she means that YOU think you're ugly....

no that what i mean.i know i am ugly looking people have told me i am ugly looking.do i like higher class guys but told me i wasn't worth knowing .i do like plainer looking lads who are interesting but there taken too by better looking female then me much smarter and slimmer then me.
but those are type of guys i come across i do like them only from very long distance away i know there out of league. but i am only looking from far away.

THAT is your problem right there. If you have no confidence in yourself, why should anyone else? If you have a problem with your looks and it's bringing you down, then do something about it. Go on a diet if you think you weigh too much, take pride in your appearance. YOU are your biggest downfall here, not the guys. I've read your other posts and quite frankly, it's your attitude more than it is your looks.
Be confident in yourself, take pride in your appearance and stop stalking guys who don't want you and you'll be a lot further than you are right now. Everything you feel about yourself, you are projecting to everyone who meets you, whether you know it or not.

unlucky in life said:
what i was always told it was personality some how it isn't personality's its good looks that get you places.i am know of good looking people they lots of things they take of for granted finding love every 2nd week no matter where they go they just step in night guys are already making themselves knowing to them asking them to dance and being kissed.invited to parties every weekend,treated like gold. they only nice when it suits them if you good looking like themselves they,ll be nice or if they like you if you not to there taste they don't want to know you or have any thing to do with you

i never got invited to parties or weekends out,or asked out i don't know even know how to kiss i have broken teeth. males treated me rottenly calling me names and verbal abusing me and insulting me,attacked, physical abused my mother said they do it because i am ugly looking and fat they treated me way this aggressively fashion which is unfair

Yes, what you said in the above is all true and its true. Sadly, guys are nothing but species that have no brain and heart. They only want beautiful girls. Even you have experienced it yourself. However, I encourage you to 'ignore' such people. I'm sure there is a needle in the haystack where a guy is not 'into' JUST hot girls. I know its hard, but its possible. How old are you? And what your mother said is not very nice...please don't believe it. To me, you're not an ugly duckling no matter how you look. It's the media and the nastiness of people out there. Please don't get sucked into their brainwashing.

Great looking women do have it easier as far as men, by a lot, but many gorgeous women aren't that happy. It's all relative. Just as somebody starving in India or somewhere would roll their eyes at many of us saying we are depressed or lonely when we have so much. If you got it, you take it for granted.

If you want a lot of men to approach you, it does work to make yourself as attractive (and normal-sized) as possible. Otherwise, just be nice and interesting and approach guys as friends. Once they get to know you, they'll see YOU, not your outer appearance so much.

beans said:
unlucky in life said:

Yes, what you said in the above is all true and its true. Sadly, guys are nothing but species that have no brain and heart. They only want beautiful girls. Even you have experienced it yourself. However, I encourage you to 'ignore' such people. I'm sure there is a needle in the haystack where a guy is not 'into' JUST hot girls. I know its hard, but its possible. How old are you? And what your mother said is not very nice...please don't believe it. To me, you're not an ugly duckling no matter how you look. It's the media and the nastiness of people out there. Please don't get sucked into their brainwashing.

Sadly, guys are nothing but species that have no brain and heart.- this very true and very sad .i was not born like model but unattractive female with weight problem and broken teeth and fat face i hate and chubby legs bad taste in men as you see i have crap taste in men

Rolo said:
I can honestly say for me that personality is more important than than loks. I cant be the only one like that.
No, you're not. It's the same for me.

unlucky in life said:
Sadly, guys are nothing but species that have no brain and heart.- this very true and very sad .i was not born like model but unattractive female with weight problem and broken teeth and fat face i hate and chubby legs bad taste in men as you see i have crap taste in men

Stop making excuses. DO something.

lovelace said:
Rolo said:
I can honestly say for me that personality is more important than than loks. I cant be the only one like that.
No, you're not. It's the same for me.

same here

Latest posts

Back