Suggest one thing that can help reduce loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought it might be interesting to hear people's suggestions on reducing loneliness. How about you have only one suggestion. I'll go first.

Own a car. I know the majority of people here probably already have a car, and maybe one or two can't drive because of a physical inability to do so. But I'm certain there are a few here who haven't got their license (they probably never got around to get one). Owning a car changes your life. You can go places. Places where people are. I know public transport exists, but often in social situations, people make spirit of the moment decisions to go places, and invite other people (ie yourself) to come along. Owning a car helps immensely.

Any other suggestions?

I'm going to make the best of a feeling of less desolation and answer this one. This one, I've tried many times, and it works pretty well.

It pays to get clever with loneliness and the cleverest things to try are often right under our noses.

I watch a TV show that I can bear to watch, when I am sure that THOUSANDS (often, tens of thousands) of people are going to be watching the same picture, listening to the same sounds and will, later that evening, on a site full of supporters of that programme, be talking all about it.

Sometimes, in order to make this work, you have to FORCE YOURSELF TO JUST GET ON, AND DO IT! You can start with the Soaps and work your way through all the rubbish and end up with the talent shows or reality TV. Either way, you'll be drip feeding yourself with enough knowledge to realise that you've just started posting on a site full of those talking the same subjects. Those programmes are a good way of finding commonality of purpose among total strangers destined to not remain strangers, at all.

But, further than that...when you're established in the watching of the programme, and the following of it, day by day, week by week, and you're settling down to watch another - you'll almost "feel" a common-interest type of glow related to all those others, from the site, that are also settling down to watch it, around the same time as you. The TV watching gets you more in tune with more people on the fan site and the fan site people becoming friends with you makes the enjoyment of the TV show greater, episode by episode.

That has often cut a large hole in my feelings of loneliness.

My most powerful weapon in my arsenal to combat loneliness would have to be my wide interest in music or my ability to feign interet on others topics until we reach something i'm interested in.

And my anti-socialness that makes some people force me to hang out (?) seriously don't know how it works but a lot of the time it does.

PUPPEHS

pup.jpg

Excercise..

It helps lower your depression.

It hekps you get into actions.

Helps you in goal setting and achiviement.

Helps you in self discipline.

Helps you to overcome adversity..
and controlVstrectch your mind and body. You mind will tell you to stop
as your body is feeling pains . You push forward inspite of the pains
Staying Foucs to achive your goals.

Helps you to get out of your house
and not isolate.

Helps to get sunlight which the body
needs to remain healthy.

Being out in open space helps clear your mind.. Live in the moment.

Helps you to be around other healthy
people. .

The end result or by product is that you get a firm sexy body.

You can apply the same priniple to other areas in your life. You know you have control over you mind. Body actions and life. Your will power.

Proper diet will also help your minds will power..such as eating fruits
instead of artifical sweetener...such as Soda or junk food .

Healthy mind and body..attracts healthy minds and bodies.

Other added bonus such as having a pretty GF with big boobs and sexy body cuddling me every night.
If I get too lonely...I can such on her bobs, squeeze them. Pray to them to keep myself bussied from feeling Lonely :)

40somethingguy said:
I thought it might be interesting to hear people's suggestions on reducing loneliness. How about you have only one suggestion. I'll go first.

Own a car. I know the majority of people here probably already have a car, and maybe one or two can't drive because of a physical inability to do so. But I'm certain there are a few here who haven't got their license (they probably never got around to get one). Owning a car changes your life. You can go places. Places where people are. I know public transport exists, but often in social situations, people make spirit of the moment decisions to go places, and invite other people (ie yourself) to come along. Owning a car helps immensely.

Any other suggestions?

A very very good one. I have a car my own but I share it with someone and don't get to use it all the time and when I don't get it I sometimes find it beneficial because with certain social groups, I force myself to get a lift from someone, and sometimes they are nice enough to offer and this is an opportunity to make friends, because they take you home and you can get to know them better.

What I would suggest to reduce loneliness is to be open to EVERYthing. If someone suggests something you can't stand or don't like, say yes. Try it out before you say no. Experience it for yourself first. Do not think too much about something before going for it because you can always find 101 reasons not to go. Like some people say, "No I will never go to church or gym or bars because the people there are sucky, etc etc." Thing is, in life, you never know. The more you are open to everything, the easier things will flow for you instead of discounting things and limiting yourself to only a few other things you think is good and believe in.

The most direct way to eliminate loneliness is to adopt an animal.

Becoming a better listener and having a genuine interest in other people, along with some basic social skills, is also an extremely powerful tool. Behind every person is a story worth listening to and a lesson worth learning, even if it is just a warning. Embrace life as a journeyman and a student, and its amazing how much can open up to you.

beans said:
40somethingguy said:

Any other suggestions?

A very very good one. I have a car my own but I share it with someone and don't get to use it all the time and when I don't get it I sometimes find it beneficial because with certain social groups, I force myself to get a lift from someone, and sometimes they are nice enough to offer and this is an opportunity to make friends, because they take you home and you can get to know them better.

What I would suggest to reduce loneliness is to be open to EVERYthing. If someone suggests something you can't stand or don't like, say yes. Try it out before you say no. Experience it for yourself first. Do not think too much about something before going for it because you can always find 101 reasons not to go. Like some people say, "No I will never go to church or gym or bars because the people there are sucky, etc etc." Thing is, in life, you never know. The more you are open to everything, the easier things will flow for you instead of discounting things and limiting yourself to only a few other things you think is good and believe in.

I think this is awesome. Pretty challenging though.

I would also say come here a lot. There's a ton of great people who either are going through or have gone through what you are. Realize you're not alone; loneliness is NOT a rare and incurable "disease." Recognizing your commanlity with your fellow man is helpful.

develop a good relationship with yourself. treat yourself as your friend. learn to enjoy your own company. know your good points, the things you like about yourself, and even if you know you have bad points, remember that there's always room for improvements :)

I dont know i usualy light a smoke, drink some beer and fire up a fat boy, guess its not a solution but more of a pain killer.

do the meaningful things to remove loneliness. That's the things i ever done.

floffyschneeman said:
develop a good relationship with yourself. treat yourself as your friend. learn to enjoy your own company. know your good points, the things you like about yourself, and even if you know you have bad points, remember that there's always room for improvements :)

I agree with this. Well said!

Latest posts

Back