Are webcam chat buddies hard to find?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had some experience looking for an online buddy in the past, in this case it was a weight loss buddy. Looking for a weight loss buddy can be difficult because most weight loss buddies don't actually lose weight, or maybe they'll lose for a few weeks then start gaining again.

What I've found is that 99% of people looking for a weight loss buddy ask for someone to contact them via email. I just can't get a connection with email, it's not enough.

That's where my webcam on my laptop comes in. Although my laptop with the webcam is getting fixed, when it's all working again, I plan to seek out a few webcam buddies. People around the world to chat with, anything from a couple of times a week to a couple of times a month.

So I'm wondering how easy it is to find these people? I have no idea, I'm thinking it's more likely to be difficult than easy. Anyone has any ideas/experiences?

40somethingguy said:
I have had some experience looking for an online buddy in the past, in this case it was a weight loss buddy. Looking for a weight loss buddy can be difficult because most weight loss buddies don't actually lose weight, or maybe they'll lose for a few weeks then start gaining again.

What I've found is that 99% of people looking for a weight loss buddy ask for someone to contact them via email. I just can't get a connection with email, it's not enough.

That's where my webcam on my laptop comes in. Although my laptop with the webcam is getting fixed, when it's all working again, I plan to seek out a few webcam buddies. People around the world to chat with, anything from a couple of times a week to a couple of times a month.

So I'm wondering how easy it is to find these people? I have no idea, I'm thinking it's more likely to be difficult than easy. Anyone has any ideas/experiences?

Hmmm webcam as in you want to see the face or just voice is fine? And is the purpose of the videocall to share ideas on losing weight?

Latest posts

Back